Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's a Mineta sidestory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
That's a funny way of spelling Mina.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I think you mean Principal Nezu.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I would love a Nezu focus arc

Pony Jabroni
Feb 27, 2016

one time my friend and i sewed together our own skirts and conspiracy t shirts and went to an olive garden at 9:30 AM and ordered six liters of wine and free bread sticks and it was the best day ever
I mean, they did mention he was experimented on by scientists and such. Dude probably has some grimdark backstory he'll relay to someone over tea and then cheerfully cry 'And that's how I got here!' to everyone's horror and discomfort.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New chapter looking crazy.

It looks like Shiggy does pretty much exactly what we were expecting him to do.

E: okay wow it's much worse than what I thought. Savage.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Nov 17, 2017

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

tomura lookin' cool

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well Shigaraki murdered a random cop. And Compress and Dabi murder a Pro Hero. They are already looking more dangerous.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Wow that half year hiatus sure took forever but I'm glad the cool and good hero academia manga has started once again.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm very proud of him. He did something successful for the first time in the manga. :unsmith:

I feel really bad for Twice though. :(

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

jesus this chapter was loving brutal

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Aurora posted:

jesus this chapter was loving brutal

yea the va don't mess around. I'm glad that the primary antagonist group is finally looking somewhat competent tho

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Shigaraki acting villainous. I like it a whole lot. A good chapter.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
This is exactly how it needed to end, drat that was good.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Later, at the bad guy hideout, they hang up a banner that reads "WE ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING"

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Solid use of spoiler tags y'all.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you're telling me there were spoilers in the thread on new chapter day?!

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Posting untagged spoilers before anyone posts a link to the new chapter is kind of annoying, yes.

\/\/\/\/\/

Thank you, you are a true hero.

Well Manicured Man fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Nov 17, 2017

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The lack of a link is the true crime on this page
https://mangastream.com/r/my_hero_academia/160/4708/1

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Ohhh, I think I get it now. Shigaraki can use the Quirks of people who are touching him. That's why he's covered in hands, and why Compress stole one of Overhaul's arms. It also explains how Shiggy did that Bleach-style Instant Step back during USJ.

Maybe it's a Quirk that AFO gave him? So now Shigaraki has the Overhaul Quirk and the completed anti-Quirk Serum :eyepop:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

this chapter was a lot better and the setting was neat

really compounds how bad MHA has been and makes me hopeful going forward.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Shigaraki, Dabi, Compress and Spinner are the heroes villains we need. That chapter was loving phenomenal, hell yeah.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
MHA is good again, the wait is over.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Dragonatrix posted:

Shigaraki, Dabi, Compress and Spinner are the heroes villains we need. That chapter was loving phenomenal, hell yeah.

I'll give you most of those but Spinner seems like a huge dumbass.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm proud of Shigaraki for finally coming into his own as a supervillain. :)

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Neo_Crimson posted:

I'll give you most of those but Spinner seems like a huge dumbass.

Well, someone's gotta drive the villain van when they can't just have Black Mist bamf 'em in there. Might as well be the guy that drives by emulating video games. Everyone else gets to do cool stuff.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Please don't bully my friend spinner who learned how to drive from grand theft auto, he's a precious child.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Jesus Christ how horrifying.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
This chapter loving ruled

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Further proof that sand and snatch don't make for a good combination.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Holy poo poo, that was just intense. And finally the kid gloves come off.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Jesus what a disarming chapter

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The most recent arc has been mostly redeemed with an ending like that.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Dias posted:

Further proof that sand and snatch don't make for a good combination.

:vince:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Holy poo poo that was hella badass

Shigaraki you're so cool :syoon:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vengarr posted:

Ohhh, I think I get it now. Shigaraki can use the Quirks of people who are touching him. That's why he's covered in hands, and why Compress stole one of Overhaul's arms. It also explains how Shiggy did that Bleach-style Instant Step back during USJ.

Maybe it's a Quirk that AFO gave him? So now Shigaraki has the Overhaul Quirk and the completed anti-Quirk Serum :eyepop:

I was thinking just they were taking a part of him with the plan of busting AFO out of prison eventually and getting, well, AFO from him, and using that arm to take Overhaul's quirk without keeping him prisoner until then, but that might be it instead. We'll see I suppose.

Either way, Compress getting to take an arm back from Overhaul was pretty great, though the way Shiggy went about taking the other was unnecessarily sadistic. Which fits him perfectly, of course.
Jeez, yeah, like people have been saying, the VA really stepped up their game this chapter.

GimmickMan posted:

Please don't bully my friend spinner who learned how to drive from grand theft auto, he's a precious child.

Spinner is such a massive dork. It's great. Poor guy is going to wind up super-disillusioned at some point. And Shigaraki knows exactly what to say to manipulate him now, which we saw before back in the Bakugou rescue arc really but still is a good sign of how much he's progressed as a villainous leader.

...Also, I just realized, both Spinner and Shigaraki reference video games for real life things, and I think at least one or two other VA members have as well. Now I'm imagining them all gaming together or something.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

but still is a good sign of how much he's progressed as a villainous leader.

Also, he doesn't say that he will become the next Symbol of Evil, but that they together will :unsmith:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

good, yes :hai:

that was badass

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Terper posted:

Also, he doesn't say that he will become the next Symbol of Evil, but that they together will :unsmith:

He also jumps into Sand guy's attack as a distraction for the other guys. He's become such a good evil friend. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I should point out that Compress did not steal Overhauls hand, just the arm between his hand and shoulder. Which he likely just did out of vindictiveness nothing to do with Shigaraki or AFO.