Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Toshimo posted:

Right, but Hal probably wears a sweater and slacks and some white New Balance sneakers under his projection. Jon's probably got a camo t-shirt and cargo shorts. Kyle obviously wearing an anime tee and jorts. But, Guy. Guy always goes commando.

Hey, Kyle likes to class it up with a button down anime shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I hope it's mecha anime

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

I hope it's mecha anime

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Look below, for some reason attachment never stayed.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Try again. From Iron Man #231. I don't want to know what Tony has done that makes Bill Cosby look good in comparison.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

What's the advantage of making a green robot to shoot a green beam at the enemy, as opposed to shooting the green beam yourself? :spergin:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

prefect posted:

What's the advantage of making a green robot to shoot a green beam at the enemy, as opposed to shooting the green beam yourself? :spergin:

It looks cool

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

prefect posted:

Because if you have a literal "make anything you can imagine" ring, you have no excuse for not going all out with it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Well, Kyle's INSIDE the robot, so it would be armour as well.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
besides, that's an ingram so by all rights it should have a giant green shotgun instead of shooting beams.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I wish it were easier to find pages from The Pro. The GL character (the Lime) made these terrifically lovely constructs, like a green paper airplane that looked like it had been stepped on.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

prefect posted:

I wish it were easier to find pages from The Pro. The GL character (the Lime) made these terrifically lovely constructs, like a green paper airplane that looked like it had been stepped on.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

prefect posted:

You're the reason animated GL just shoots green beams or occasionally makes a box instead of doing something cool.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Endless Mike posted:

You're the reason animated GL just shoots green beams or occasionally makes a box instead of doing something cool.

I assure you, I have no influence over anything.

He should make a green Superman and have that beat people up.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

John Stewart parachute account spotted

e: I was gonna say Hal Jordan but then I remember he at least makes fighter jets... and practically nothing else...

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 14, 2017

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

prefect posted:

That' pretty JoJos, but I'd be cool with it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Someone pls post the John Stewart bit from JLU: Kids' Stuff where Batman tells him to go Hog Wild and he makes himself a sicknasty green energy exo-suit and start wrecking poo poo.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Toshimo posted:

Someone pls post the John Stewart bit from JLU: Kids' Stuff where Batman tells him to go Hog Wild and he makes himself a sicknasty green energy exo-suit and start wrecking poo poo.

I liked how he gave himself Kyle's mask in that episode.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

prefect posted:

I heard this was explained in an issue (but that might have been fanwank.)

But it was because Kyle's ring had a tank of energy instead of a 24 hour unlimited level of power.
So if he blasted someone that used X energy.
But if he made a construct that had a cannon, that cost X energy and every time it blasted it didn't cost him as much energy. So it was efficient and cool looking.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

bessantj posted:

Try again. From Iron Man #231. I don't want to know what Tony has done that makes Bill Cosby look good in comparison.

Later...

Spokesman: We thought that when Bill asked for the armour to be outfitted with tranquilizer darts and knock out gas, he was just trying to be less lethal.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
You angling for a no-price there, Question?

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Those fights were such cop-outs.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Oh god. I remember that crossover event. The thing that stuck out was they were soooo careful that it was Even Steven: Marvel wins one, then DC wins one, then Marvel wins...

Although I will admit Hulk v. Superman in the desert and Batman v. Cap in the sewers was cool. But too short.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The only DC vs Marvel fight I found satisfying was Impossible Man vs Mr Mxyzptlk

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Question IRL posted:

I heard this was explained in an issue (but that might have been fanwank.)

But it was because Kyle's ring had a tank of energy instead of a 24 hour unlimited level of power.
So if he blasted someone that used X energy.
But if he made a construct that had a cannon, that cost X energy and every time it blasted it didn't cost him as much energy. So it was efficient and cool looking.

I know a GL's ring works on "willpower" but to me it seems easier to think of it as belief. It's like tricking someone with "what weighs more, a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers?" Even if you intellectually know the weight is the same a GL might have an easier time putting their willpower into making the ton of bricks be more effective because they believe in it more. If Kyle is an anime fan and has seen all the times a giant mecha has fired off crazy destructive beam attacks then he can put more belief into his attack whereas Hal would be better make an F-14 fire off missiles because he intuitively knows the payload and effect of the real thing.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

prefect posted:

Not gonna lie, the second thing I would do as a Green Lantern would be to make a construct Bruce Lee.

The first thing I would do as a Green Lantern would be die because I am a frail weakling.

Which is why I would make a Bruce Lee. Because my imagination knows Bruce Lee could beat up Doomsday. Therefore, Ring Bullshit makes it better than "Giant glowing fist, I guess?" and also it's Bruce Lee :neckbeard:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 15, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Proteus Jones posted:

Oh god. I remember that crossover event. The thing that stuck out was they were soooo careful that it was Even Steven: Marvel wins one, then DC wins one, then Marvel wins...

Although I will admit Hulk v. Superman in the desert and Batman v. Cap in the sewers was cool. But too short.

I really loved the later JLA/Avengers storyline, especially the Cap/Bats fight which is the two squaring up to fight, sizing each other up and then Batman saying,"Okay you'd probably win .... eventually...." and that was the end of the fight.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

I really loved the later JLA/Avengers storyline, especially the Cap/Bats fight which is the two squaring up to fight, sizing each other up and then Batman saying,"Okay you'd probably win .... eventually...." and that was the end of the fight.

I liked Cap's defense of Thing. He wasn't gonna listen to a second of Batman talking poo poo about Ben Grimm.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Push El Burrito posted:

I liked Cap's defense of Thing. He wasn't gonna listen to a second of Batman talking poo poo about Ben Grimm.

What was Batman's problem with Thing? Did he think Thing was a Clayface who was kept in the kiln for too long?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Lobok posted:

What was Batman's problem with Thing? Did he think Thing was a Clayface who was kept in the kiln for too long?

If I remember right, it was that when Thing popped in to give them something or other he made some comments on the cave and stuff in his typical Yancy Street style, was really casual, and left. Batman made an observation like "a little rough around the edges..." and Cap was like "That is one of the finest men I know, don't you dare say even a word against him."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

The only DC vs Marvel fight I found satisfying was Impossible Man vs Mr Mxyzptlk

Warlock and Impossible Man did it first in New Mutants.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lobok posted:

The Thing is really annoying.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That's big talk coming from the shittier Hawkeye.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Who What Now posted:

That's big talk coming from the shittier Hawkeye.

Mother fucker

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Except for the first two panels here, which are very emotional and intense, every panel featuring J. Jonah Jameson holding a coffee cup in Silk #1-7 has the coffee sloshing out. Excellent bit of characterization, I felt.

Edit: drat, they're invisible right now, but hopefully they'll come back soon?

Edit 2: Maybe this will work?

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 15, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
What panels?

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I see 12 unfunny panels.

*Puts down the booze*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

This is even more hilarious when it turns out Falcon is picked solely to fulfill a minority requirement. This leads to two fantastic moments:

1). The Beast reacting to Gyrich claiming they don't employee any minorities by pointing out he and Wanda are mutants, Vision is a synthezoid, and the Black Panther IS RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF HIM

2). Falcon reacting to the decree by putting on a Steppin Fetchit accent on the next 4 issues and mocking the whole situation to the point where Captain America has to tell him to stop it.