Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheBizzness posted:

I did. I looked at the standings. You’re behind. Just like scoreboard a couple weeks back.

Meh. It doesn't matter but the Jets have just played much better than Miami has all season. That isn't saying much though. They are like 40+ point differential too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s what I meant by them being equal. We’re all terrible.

And again I think your reasoning is flawed. Did Miami outplay New York in the 31-28 game?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/927642667097448448

Like I said...

If the Jets can't beat the terrible Bucs without Jameis and Evans that would be pretty bad.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 6, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If qbs and wrs mattered the jets wouldnt have any wins at all.

:thunk:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/927642667097448448

Like I said...

If the Jets can't beat the terrible Bucs without Jameis and Evans that would be pretty bad.

its fitzpatrick, he will do inexplicibly well so someone gives him another contract where he's a bust

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m hoping Miami loses out. We’re on backups. Tannehill is out. Who cares? Better to have the one poo poo year and rock a top 10 pick in the 1-2-3 -4 rounds.

Team need @ o-line + TE is through the roof.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

evilweasel posted:

its fitzpatrick, he will do inexplicibly well so someone gives him another contract where he's a bust

He had a decent game against Arizona. If he can string a couple of those together he's got another payday in the bag.

He'll eventually run out of teams to sign for though. Unless someone forgets they already gave him a big contract and repeat the mistakes of the past.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

If qbs and wrs mattered the jets wouldnt have any wins at all.

:thunk:

The Jets' WR's aren't bad...

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The whole AFCE has drat good receivers in general

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
But no world beaters.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I hate to agree with Cowheard about anything but having an elite WR is overrated.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Try telling someone in August that the Jets would be a road favorite this season.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm actually going to be annoyed if the Jets lose today...

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Bills gonna lose today and I'm going to get real sad.

EJ Gaines being out today is huge against Brees, though I hope I am wrong.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Bills next four are Saints, @Chargers, @kc, Pats.

They can very easily be 6-6 after this stretch. That Jets game will haunt them at the end of the year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jets as it turns put are a very bad team

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Jets as it turns put are a very bad team

Thats what happens when your terrible QB plays like the player he really is. They need to lose the rest of the games now.

If you lose to a 2-6 team without their QB and best WR you are a fraud. Tank is back on.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 12, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im trapped in a prison of field goals, a field gaol

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I have no idea how nervous to be about tonight's game.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
God is dead. Chaos reigns. Go Pats

TheWrthy
Feb 1, 2004

Yes we can, sir.

Real hurthling! posted:

Im trapped in a prison of field goals, a field gaol

:golfclap:

Nov 6, 2002

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
It’s really good to me that before the season jets fans were saying they were tanking but would talk about how afraid they were that the team would win too much for a good pick while staying out of the playoffs, and then they went .500 and they were hype and forgot all about it, and now it’s crashing back in on them

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Dolphins really should be like 1-8 with a lone win over the Matt Cassel led Titans.

I didn’t even bother watching after they let the Panthers score just before half, I knew what was coming.

I hope Ross is wise enough to clean house after Gase goes 6-10 next year. No team in the league starts every game down 2 scores except Miami.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Oh well at least Gase has the bye week now to straighten out some issues

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Phobeste posted:

It’s really good to me that before the season jets fans were saying they were tanking but would talk about how afraid they were that the team would win too much for a good pick while staying out of the playoffs, and then they went .500 and they were hype and forgot all about it, and now it’s crashing back in on them

When they were 3-2 I said it was somewhat likely that they’d end the season 3-13. Obviously they’ve beaten that but they’re a bad team thats super young other than at QB. There’s a lot to like going forward assuming they make a play for a QB in the offseason.

Nov 6, 2002

What week does Hack start?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The QB coach just basically called him a AAA player yesterday so I’m guessing never.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

What week does Hack start?

Turns out a different AFC East team just benched their QB.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Cheating has worked and still works.

Diva Cupcake posted:

The QB coach just basically called him a AAA player yesterday so I’m guessing never.

Has there ever been a second round QB that never played a snap for the team that drafted him?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

mcmagic posted:

Has there ever been a second round QB that never played a snap for the team that drafted him?

How many plays did the Falcons get out of Favre? Like, five, and two were INTs or something like that?

Nov 6, 2002

Pat White didn't survive long enough to really contribute.

Brian Brohm never played for the Packers.

Nov 6, 2002

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/72888/why-isnt-christian-hackenberg-playing-this-isnt-triple-a

quote:

Once the season begins, it's hard to develop backups because their practice reps are few and far between. Hackenberg and Petty split the scout-team reps. If one throws an incomplete pass, he yields to the other. Bates developed that system to make it competitive.

That sounds.... really dumb.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

lol that's an insanely stupid idea

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Let's just make it as hard as possible to get into a rhythm and actually loving learn something. Practice works best when you can retry the thing you failed at immediately, not when you have to wait every single time you gently caress up. Not all forms of competition are good. It's also made so that you get taken out right at the best possible time to learn, right after you make a mistake.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Yeah, just sit over here and feel like a failure, that'll build your confidence right up!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I feel like that would just encourage constant checkdowns.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I really would prefer watching bryce petty get owned than old man mccown boring me every week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Kalli posted:

I feel like that would just encourage constant checkdowns.

they audible to a screen on every play

• Locked thread