Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro Kage
Aug 6, 2003

PICKLE SURPRISE!
I really enjoyed this game, but playing with goons was, as usual, where it shined. I lost interest when there was no one to talk poo poo with. All things considered, I’d probably still be playing city of heroes right now if it hadn’t gotten the axe.

It seemed so loving convoluted when I last logged in. So many boxes and items and things that I couldn’t figure out it seemed like it would take forever just to figure out what did what now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Jiro Kage posted:

I really enjoyed this game, but playing with goons was, as usual, where it shined. I lost interest when there was no one to talk poo poo with. All things considered, I’d probably still be playing city of heroes right now if it hadn’t gotten the axe.

It seemed so loving convoluted when I last logged in. So many boxes and items and things that I couldn’t figure out it seemed like it would take forever just to figure out what did what now.

I can sympathize. There are times when I would log in, look at my inventory and all the different currencies, boxes, and items that needed conversion...ugh, I'd just get overwhelmed, lose interest and log back out.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jiro Kage posted:

Join the discord and stay in touch with us! A ton of us are here

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
And now we've got Doomsaw pretty much sassing Gaz on their own forums. :allears:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lechtansi posted:

My favorite gaz moment recently has got to be when the new ceo walked went into his first meeting, heard that they made all of their money from a small, dedicated PC playerbase, and immediately went "the only way forward is on consoles!". That was great.

I mean that's a good idea.

Shame about the implementation of that plan though.

e: vvvv basically that

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 12, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lechtansi posted:

My favorite gaz moment recently has got to be when the new ceo walked went into his first meeting, heard that they made all of their money from a small, dedicated PC playerbase, and immediately went "the only way forward is on consoles!". That was great.

It probably would have worked if they didn't neglect the PC version.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

It probably would have worked, if they didn't appoint an idiot and creep for a CEO.

Edit: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/329689/send-some-love#latest

I would think some kind of announcement would come before the holidays. After all, if you are going to lay off a bunch of people, no better time to do than right before the holidays!

madcow fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Nov 12, 2017

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

madcow posted:

It probably would have worked, if they didn't appoint an idiot and creep for a CEO.

Edit: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/329689/send-some-love#latest

First reply by CaptainHankPym about Wasp. Glad to see some things didn’t change.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

BabyFur Denny posted:

First reply by CaptainHankPym about Wasp. Glad to see some things didn’t change.

Holy loving lol. The obsession is so unhealthy. I can’t stop laughing at this.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

thanks, id forgotten captain hank pym even existed, somehow

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Wow, is it really happening?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

BabyFur Denny posted:

That response is Marvel Heroes to a T.

CaptainHankPym with a Wasp post in the Forums. Literally posting "thanks for telling me untruths".

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Doomsaw got demoted on the official forums, no more purple name for him.

That's too bad.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Ghostlight posted:

That response is Marvel Heroes to a T.

CaptainHankPym with a Wasp post in the Forums. Literally posting "thanks for telling me untruths".

Well Wasp was a safe bet but then she lost both the polls they had because nobody likes her.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

madcow posted:

Doomsaw got demoted on the official forums, no more purple name for him.

That's too bad.
I don't think I'd complain about no longer being visually associated with Gaz.

Besides, he was asking for a mod to PM him last night so perhaps it was done at his request.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 13, 2017

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Bugger... i was looking forward to a new Cable costume from Deadpool 2 but if they are busy dying then that's that.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
https://kotaku.com/disney-shuts-down-marvel-heroes-1820475273

That's all Folks!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:rip:

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
lmao

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

F

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

hahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahaha

hehe xd

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:deadgame:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm surprised they didn't wait until after Christmas to eke out one last big sale.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

capn hank pym never got his tiny wife

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mods please change the topic to Marvel Heroes is officially dead, joins CoX in Heaven.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Lock thread, ban op.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I AM THE MOON posted:

This actually makes me very excited. Can anybody do a status update to make sure he is still breathing?

Saint Freak posted:

Lock thread, ban op.

ban op wow your colors have changed my friend. I won’t forget this.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Spent a grand total of 5 dollars, and never went cosmic on anything. I think I played this correctly.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

EA ruins everything.

Also, I never went cosmic either, so I guess I win too?

I have 21k g's left. I didn't pay for any of them though, thanks for that press pack Winterthur!

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

quote:

I have ~50K Gs left, how about you? ┌( ಠ‿ಠ)┘
lmao o forums is good rn

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

ban op wow your colors have changed my friend. I won’t forget this.

<ICR will remember this.>

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

This actually makes me very excited. Can anybody do a status update to make sure he is still breathing?

quote:

It's been very fun for a time. I hope this doesn't cause more devs to lose their jobs.

I'm sad but also kind of expected this , so not shocked. There are some very talented devs working for Gaz that I hope can find themselves in a better situation.

I had a lot of fun in the forums, had some ups and downa but overall had some great interactions.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

I AM THE MOON posted:

Good guys win again.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I would have died laughing if he asked after this death news came out:

“So are you all going to be able to release Wasp still????”

FranktheBank posted:

Good guys win again.

drat right.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

What's gonna happen to Asros?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kheldarn posted:

What's gonna happen to Asros?

I'm sure there's a position in the Trump administration for him

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!
Jeasus motherbitching christ :ughh: The Pymmer, the venom voice veterans, the sabretooth mains ().... alll of them abandoned with no redress

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
lol

it's almost like making GBS threads relentlessly on your core player base was a bad idea or something

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I spent money and had fun with this game but I’m not surprised it’s dead. That’s the law of the samurai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Mr. Peabody posted:

Jeasus motherbitching christ :ughh: The Pymmer, the venom voice veterans, the sabretooth mains ().... alll of them abandoned with no redress

Pour one out in a dumpster for all the wayward Racconatics