Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

the end of a lovely, stupid era

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol

it's almost like making GBS threads relentlessly on your core player base was a bad idea or something

maybe this is the new ceo's fetish which is why disney had to step in

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

ndub posted:

the end of a lovely, stupid era

in retrospect, nothing of value would have been lost if ICR had let me dissolve the guild on January 1 like he promised when they failed to deliver the Advance Pack

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

thelazyblank posted:

maybe this is the new ceo's fetish which is why disney had to step in

lol

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Welp, it's been fun

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Doomsaw went so crazy on reddit that Marvel finally took the game out back and shot it.

It was a fun bad game that was never as good as it deserved to be.

Never cosmic.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Davebo, what will you do now? What is Wolverine's next game?

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!

My Gimmick Name posted:

Pour one out in a dumpster for all the wayward Racconatics

mother of god..... our most vulernable citizens, cast out into the streets

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Maybe a magical new Marvel game will appear to fill the void left in my heart.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Oof. I haven't logged in in months, and may not have ever again, but hearing it is shutting down sucks as part of me still wanted to cosmic the Fantastic Four just because they were removed. I wonder what the time frame will be. Any chance they crank up xp and loot drops and let people go hog wild til the plug gets pulled?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

this may finally convince me to get another diablo-esque multiplayer game since this disneydicked game is dead.

also, i forgot how much i missed shitposting about marble hebrons

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

So whats the event for Punisher's netflix release? Oh...

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Grinning Goblin posted:

So whats the event for Punisher's netflix release? Oh...
Execution

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Never cosmic :(

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If only they hadn't had that event for the F4 movie that one time Disney wouldn't have had to murder them all in their sleep.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

maybe if the console players spent more money this fate could've been avoided. maybe it was the generic and boring item rehaul

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe
It's nice that Disney finally did the needful

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

ndub posted:

maybe if the console players spent more money this fate could've been avoided. maybe it was the generic and boring item rehaul

Had they offered some kind of pc/ps4 transfer I probably would have been a stupid and ended up spending more money on the console version, but since they didn't offer anything I didn't even bother trying it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Under no circumstances will you ever drive this van get the Omega System you shitlords

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

finally, the title delivers. the game is changed forever.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

cams posted:

yes. it is very good. it stagnated for a while but the game is changing in broad ways for the better.

cams posted:

everything about the design philosophy of these updates is a good idea in my opinion.

lol

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

well the game is definitely headed in a direction that is better for players, as of today

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Wow, it's finally over. I'm not surprised (I thought this was going to happen with all the sexual harassment stuff), but to actually see MH go. RIP.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My name is Saint Freak, King of Kings;
Look on my cosmic waifus, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Nice

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

My name is Saint Freak, King of Kings;
Look on my cosmic waifus, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

I'll miss you most of all

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Good riddance to the train wreck MH turned into. Shame about the pretty entertaining game it used to be once upon a time, though.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Whats the discord server for wayward marble goons? The one in the OP isn't it anymore.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Haha wowww - big laugh to everyone who defended the movement changes and the BUE - that poo poo was a nail in the coffin if I've ever seen one. Doubling down on console was just as bad.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

List Of Super Hero MMOs
City Of Heroes/City Of Villains
Marvel Heroes
Champions Online
DC Universe Online

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lechtansi posted:

Whats the discord server for wayward marble goons? The one in the OP isn't it anymore.

https://discord.gg/pzmjvzk

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I'm very sad to see this shut down, I've not logged in, in a very long time but it was fun playing with you idiots. I think the majority of active goons have moved on to Future Fight, can't say I blame them. I am really wondering though which game will be next as the majority of the ones left were before Disney. I spent about 400 bucks on the game because I'm a costume whore and I will miss it but I look forward to seeing you boys in another game.

We.
Are.
Goon.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

one to one

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The curtains close on another superhero game I loved, RIP. When I get back home I'll dig through my old pics and post some good memories.

What was yalls favorite stuff that happened with Groot Force or Gazillion? The highlight for me was the Unique Design Contest, since it got an item I made into the game. But also when we managed as a big ol goon group to get the devs to add the toot horn for Doom. :gaz:

When I was guild leader I was directly in touch with Doomsaw and Ryolnir since we were one of the larger guilds in the game. They upped the guild size limit twice at my request, like, within 24 hours of me asking in a PM if the size could get larger Doomsaw responded with what the new limit was. He was cool as hell. Ryolnir and me had some fun discussions about potential MH voice actors for future heroes or NPCs. It's too bad they never got Patrick Warburton in for Hercules.

And I'll never forget using so many boons at once we crashed the game servers. Several times. Which made them disable boons entirely. Groot Force left a big, weird, stupid mark on this game.

Please rise one last time for the Groot Force anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKNxeF4KMsY

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 15, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Come hang with us here. Gotta stay together.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Oh well

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Hey Kelp, at least they aren't removing your unique, just the entire game.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Whats the final count on Davebo Wolverines?

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

apparently rearranging deck chairs on the titanic did not work out for gaz

maybe they can save themselves with dexter slice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

The curtains close on another superhero game I loved, RIP. When I get back home I'll dig through my old pics and post some good memories.

What was yalls favorite stuff that happened with Groot Force or Gazillion? The highlight for me was the Unique Design Contest, since it got an item I made into the game. But also when we managed as a big ol goon group to get the devs to add the toot horn for Doom. :gaz:

When I was guild leader I was directly in touch with Doomsaw and Ryolnir since we were one of the larger guilds in the game. They upped the guild size limit twice at my request, like, within 24 hours of me asking in a PM if the size could get larger Doomsaw responded with what the new limit was. He was cool as hell. Ryolnir and me had some fun discussions about potential MH voice actors for future heroes or NPCs. It's too bad they never got Patrick Warburton in for Hercules.

And I'll never forget using so many boons at once we crashed the game servers. Several times. Which made them disable boons entirely. Groot Force left a big, weird, stupid mark on this game.

Please rise one last time for the Groot Force anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKNxeF4KMsY

It’s the community hands down. It was great with everybody who ran the guilds and it felt cool to be handed the guild from you after you took your leave.

I cracked up hard at the O. I loved the boon stuff when we crashed the servers. I loved the tournaments and the videos everybody made.

I loved the first time we all raided and it was actually hard. I loved the color rivalry poo poo with our colors we sported on our characters.

It felt like a living, breathing world and it was so cool that we even have a discord we all STILL remain friends in, even the people who I didn’t get to have conversations with. It’s nice that even after death, there’ll be life as we talk and play other games together.

I’ll make this commitment I think: I didn’t see an end date for the game but if we get enough time, I’ll do one more tournament as the send off. gently caress, I really don’t want to reinstall this but for the friendships, cool and even uncool people that I have grown to love and appreciate, ill ride this out to the death with a bang.

I’m open to it once a date is released for death. I need that death date Mr Gaz!!!!