Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

blarzgh posted:

its not a "stand your ground" issue, its a simple trespass

blarzgh posted:

its not a "stand your ground" issue, its a simple trespass issue but you're close enough to right that its a distinction without a difference. FAA doesn't carr about drones really, yet, so its only a question of whether civil courts in the state in question will award damages.

if someone drove an rv car onto your property, you could blow it the drat hell away. Drones are only a question mark because wenarent 100% sure how high up your property's airspace goes.

issue but you're close enough to right that its a distinction without a difference. FAA doesn't carr about drones really, yet, so its only a question of whether civil courts in the state in question will award damages.

if someone drove an rv car onto your property, you could blow it the drat hell away. Drones are only a question mark because wenarent 100% sure how high up your property's airspace goes.

What law says that something trespassing on your land and threatening you must be occupied by a human to be destroyed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I remember an imgur post about somebody getting Bill Gates (yes, that Bill Gates) as Secret Santa on reddit. The gifts were pretty sweet (and expensive/delivered overnight) If you google for it you can probably find it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Police Automaton posted:

I remember an imgur post about somebody getting Bill Gates (yes, that Bill Gates) as Secret Santa on reddit. The gifts were pretty sweet (and expensive/delivered overnight) If you google for it you can probably find it.

Bill Gates is pretty cool. He even took a picture of himself holding the note he made her while wearing a Santa hat.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Solice Kirsk posted:

Bill Gates is pretty cool. He even took a picture of himself holding the note he made her while wearing a Santa hat.

and he will be sending you a free top of the line surface pro if you just simply like and share this image.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Non anon confession this thread is absolutely dreadful to read when there aren't confessions and some of your posts are giving me terminal 7 brain cancer

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Putty posted:

Non anon confession this thread is absolutely dreadful to read when there aren't confessions and some of your posts are giving me terminal 7 brain cancer

Terminal 7 is only United I thought.

HEEEEEYOOOO!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

and he will be sending you a free top of the line surface pro if you just simply like and share this image.

dude that's like a $2k value, I would viral market whatever he wants for that price

quote:

I was impotent for almost 2 years while I dated an emotionally and physically abusive woman. My dick worked before meeting her andvwhen we first started dating.

After about 8 months I couldn’t get it up without a lot of foreplay, and I couldn’t usually get hard enough to penetrate her. She refused to use lube which made it worse.

I finally ended that with police help and, after 6 months of therapy, started dating again. We had sex for the first time and my dock felt like a flagpole between my legs. Feels good, man.

Yeah a lot of the time if you're attempting to have sex that you actually don't really want to have, your body will tell you

(but not always)

Glad you turned the corner :)

Meantime we've got a puppetmaster feud of some sort??? The one who sent the hash trying to take credit for someone's probie sent in another one

quote:

The real puppet master has largely been silent lately. My targets (ex: Jastiger, <other names edited out>) have either been permbanned or caught a few probes and posting carefully. Much like a Russian botnet, I can't create probes, only amplify them.

I do not take kindly to being impersonated, and I will be monitoring who I suspect of doing so closely. Please keep in mind that it is possible to identify patterns of writing - you are not anonymous

https://www.cs.drexel.edu/~greenie/papers/oakland2014-underground.pdf

Now, I didn't read academic papers when I was a CS grad student, and I don't read them now, but I'll believe this when I see it.

Turning academic pseudocode into something that'll actually compile, much less do the thing it's supposed to do, is a herculean effort.

But for everyone else: what he's suggesting he can do is run analysis on the SA forums to identify the other puppetmaster based on writing style. I'm skeptical specifically that there's enough data actually available for this, or that anyone could possibly care enough about fake puppetmaster cred to process it in a way that is digestible by this *shudder* researcher-written code. But if it really worked it'd be entertaining!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm legit shaking at the thought of being out :10bux: if puppet master decides to turn his ire on me. :ohdear:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Solice Kirsk posted:

Bill Gates should be publicly hanged until dead

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Man, you Linux people are hardcore.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
1) 2018 is the year of the Linux Desktop
2) kill the rich

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Man, you Linux people are hardcore.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

limp_cheese posted:

https://imgur.com/a/iN7TJ

That album has pictures of the glowing eye and I also included pictures of the 3d skull they made literally days after I was shot to help the doctors figure out how the gently caress they are putting me back together. The eye doesn't glow as well as it used to since I got it in 2010 I think and the glowing paint has deteriorated a bit. My ex loved that it would glow while we were in bed at night.

How big is the prosthetic? Does it sit on some left-behind material or is the eye socket completely emptied out?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
*uses cyber hacker wizard powers to pull puppetmasters out of ethernet port and devour their souls*

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

loquacius posted:

dude that's like a $2k value, I would viral market whatever he wants for that price

I was poking fun at the images that always get shared of him holding up a letter around holiday time saying he will give you something if you just like and share it. I hate the people who share it "just in case it's real". It's not, you know it's not real, stop it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
sorry boys looks like the puppets are pulling the strings now

*start eating my own poop until i die*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm reminded of the r/relationships post about the woman whose engineer husband insisted on wiring absolutely everything in the house to some unreliable linux clusterfuck and the last straw was demanding that she submit bug reports to github instead of telling him to come home and fix the goddamn door and lights.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

why is everyone talking about linux now :confused:

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I was poking fun at the images that always get shared of him holding up a letter around holiday time saying he will give you something if you just like and share it. I hate the people who share it "just in case it's real". It's not, you know it's not real, stop it.

I haven't seen those but lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'm reminded of the r/relationships post about the woman whose engineer husband insisted on wiring absolutely everything in the house to some unreliable linux clusterfuck and the last straw was demanding that she submit bug reports to github instead of telling him to come home and fix the goddamn door and lights.

Link please

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sagebrush posted:

Link please

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&pagenumber=1988&perpage=40#post478394345

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

maskenfreiheit posted:

What law says that something trespassing on your land and threatening you must be occupied by a human to be destroyed?

"Stand Your Ground" is a buzz-phrase for the use of force as an affirmative defense to a criminal charge of assault/battery against a person. Its sort of an easy off-hand for application of the castle doctrine. Destruction of Property (like an unmanned drone) is a different kind of criminal charge, so its not really a "stand your ground" issue because it doesn't involve bodily harm to another person, its more a "defense of property" issue. Just legal pedantry.

Edit: I remembered that Ars had been following this pretty closely - here's the latest for whoevers interested: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/03/judge-rules-in-favor-of-drone-slayer-dismisses-lawsuit-filed-by-pilot/

Double Edit: Interesting update upon further reading:

The FAA has recently classified drones as "Aircraft" and although there have been no federal cases brought yet against someone for shooting one down, it appears the feds could bring a case if they wanted!
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/04/man-takes-drone-out-for-a-sunset-flight-drone-gets-shot-down/

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 15, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

blarzgh posted:

"Stand Your Ground" is a buzz-phrase for the use of force as an affirmative defense to a criminal charge of assault/battery against a person. Its sort of an easy off-hand for application of the castle doctrine. Destruction of Property (like an unmanned drone) is a different kind of criminal charge, so its not really a "stand your ground" issue because it doesn't involve bodily harm to another person, its more a "defense of property" issue. Just legal pedantry.

Edit: I remembered that Ars had been following this pretty closely - here's the latest for whoevers interested: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/03/judge-rules-in-favor-of-drone-slayer-dismisses-lawsuit-filed-by-pilot/

Double Edit: Interesting update upon further reading:

The FAA has recently classified drones as "Aircraft" and although there have been no federal cases brought yet against someone for shooting one down, it appears the feds could bring a case if they wanted!
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/04/man-takes-drone-out-for-a-sunset-flight-drone-gets-shot-down/

If someone throws a vase at you and you deflect it, breaking it that's legal.

As for your FAA link, so model planes are also aircraft? That link doesn't appear to address the argument I made.

Frankly, your replies are coming off a little mansplainy. I've collaborated on background for amicus briefs on this issue and I'm not going to hold a seminar to cross the wide gulf of knowledge necessary for you to understand why I'm right.

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

maskenfreiheit posted:

As for your FAA link, so model planes are also aircraft? That link doesn't appear to address the argument I made.

Frankly, your replies are coming off a little mansplainy. I've collaborated on background for amicus briefs on this issue and I'm not going to hold a seminar to cross the wide gulf of knowledge necessary for you to understand why I'm right.

Neither of you has any idea what you're talking about, but you're by far the douchier one pretending to. "Stop mansplaining, you'll never cross the gulf of knowledge to my enlightened state" lmao. 'Frankly' you're a dweeb, and if you ever used that line irl depending on your audience you would be either ignored or (if I was there) mocked until you left

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

420 SWAGLORD posted:

Neither of you has any idea what you're talking about, but you're by far the douchier one pretending to. "Stop mansplaining, you'll never cross the gulf of knowledge to my enlightened state" lmao. 'Frankly' you're a dweeb, and if you ever used that line irl depending on your audience you would be either ignored or (if I was there) mocked until you left

I literally just mentioned I worked on this specific issue :rolleyes::fh:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
But you’re also a man so how can you be mansplained to?

mods puppetmaster(s)???

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

fruit on the bottom posted:

But you’re also a man so how can you be mansplained to?

mods puppetmaster(s)???

Mansplaining is just when somebody (a man, I guess?) explains something in a way you don’t like, isn’t it? I’m so confused.

burial fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 15, 2017

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

maskenfreiheit posted:

I literally just mentioned I worked on this specific issue :rolleyes::fh:

There are no precedents yet! *No one* really knows what they're talking about here yet, regardless of how confident you feel in your tenuous connections to semi-kinda-maybe similar cases that don't actually involve drones. Why won't you stop mansplaining me?

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I'm just so tired of all these mansplains

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
If I don’t like what you’re saying it’s mansplaining and it’ll illegal buddy. I’ll let you off with a warning this time though

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I KNEW it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If I understand it correctly the term "mansplain" does double-duty as a way to make a guy really defensive if you think he's being condescending, and a honeypot for whiny Internet guys like me, but serves no other purpose

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

loquacius posted:

If I understand it correctly the term "mansplain" does double-duty as a way to make a guy really defensive if you think he's being condescending, and a honeypot for whiny Internet guys like me, but serves no other purpose

you're a good poster brent

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

maskenfreiheit posted:

LOL

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

There's a lot of talk about whether you can separate art from artist in regards to actors and directors who are sexual predators. I personally don't really care what an artist has done outside of the art he or she has created. I don't watch movies and think, "this person has raped a bunch of people" or "this person is a murderer" etc. I watch the movie and think, "I wonder what's going to happen in this one" or "I love this next scene." I'm not going to boycott Seven or Baby Driver or All The Money In The World because Kevin Spacey molested a kid - pirate it maybe, but I was probably going to do that anyway. The art world, and the movie industry in particular, is full of these kinds of assholes - it's probably close to impossible to watch a movie without at least one person in it who ended up being a murderer or a rapist. Also I think the people who come out of the woodwork to say "I never liked Kevin Spacey" or whoever are kind of weird, like they're trying to prove something.

I realize this is probably a calloused position to have, but at least I'm honest about it. There are thousands of people who think "Oh I'll never support that monster!" and by tomorrow the thought is gone from their minds. And if they do remember, they'll quietly consume the media featuring these kinds of artists anyway - because at the end of the day, our society has quietly admitted that while it is important to expose these gross human beings for what they are, uninterrupted consumption is more important than preventing monsters from making art.

The Kevin Spacey one in particular is kind of rough on me because I had a lot of respect for him before but now I won't be able to see his face at all without thinking "that guy rapes little boys"

I dunno, if you can put it out of your mind, go nuts because there is no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism anyway, but if not, don't try

quote:

My confession is I have very bad hygiene.

I haven’t brushed my teeth in 3 days, which is the norm. I shower every other day. I also don’t do laundry unless there’s an obvious stain or odor, I prefer to febreze it and put it back in the drawer.

I didn’t notice it was an issue until I was on a date and the guy just left after a few minutes. He told me I was nice but that I had an awful odor and that he couldn’t see things going further.

That was back in February and I’ve tried to improve a bit since then. I used to be really bad about wiping my rear end correctly and would oftentimes have residue after making GBS threads. At the end of the day I’d have to forcibly spread my cheeks because the poop was like glue. I’m not that bad now, I wipe more than once since I realize the odor there is bad and it’s awful for my skin.

I have also been sent home from work several times for my odor, despite being in IT and seeing almost nobody all day. I guess that’s how it’s gone on so long in the first place.

I do want to fix this but my laziness makes it hard to change. I’m also a bit of a tomboy so things like perfume and fancy soaps are alien to me.

:stare: yeah if you smell bad because you're not wiping your rear end correctly as an adult you have a ways to go before perfume is something you should be thinking about

I dunno, you can put a little effort into cleaning yourself better without having to get all girly and poo poo. Even if you are "a bit of a tomboy", big burly lumberjack dudes have to shower and wipe their asses correctly too.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Bit of a tomboy =/= covered in your own day-old feces.

I hope this has been instructional for you

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Smelly goon: That's less of being a tomboy and more of you having a fetish for smelling bad.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Reminder that spreading your cheeks IS NOT GAY

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I have to assume these dudes are so far in the closet man and just in heavy denial

No one normal thinks like that

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Why even bother with the Febreeze do you think it's helping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If you're sent home because you're hotboxing the cubefarm with your shitstench SEVERAL TIMES, and it hasn't been a wakeup call, maybe see a therapist