Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Yeah, Gaz hasn't made any statements yet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Going cosmic for Punisher before his rework was the highlight of my experience here aside from playing with you all. This game was bad and I'm glad it's dead, but I'm also glad I got to chill with you guys.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

to be fair, gaz hasn't made any anything in the last year

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Is there a playlist with Arboc and Mr. 69's videos? I need it so salve my soul.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
Well that's disappointing. This does mean that I'll never have to get around to organizing my stash tabs, so that's nice.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoZ9fuT-GeA

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

if your partner is "fixed" (lmao try dating instead of owning pets) why would they be using a condom? sounds like you're the one cheating.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I need to find C3's Punisher video with komm susser tod playing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Shut down announcement on CaptainHankPym's birthday. There is a god, and he is cosmic yellow.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Well, after spending $264.77 and playing for 386 hours I guess I got my money's worth.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We never got to fight the greatest Marvel villain.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

PureRok posted:

Well, after spending $264.77 and playing for 386 hours I guess I got my money's worth.

I probably spent about $500 and played a little over 5,000 hours, so I'm happy with my fun per dollar ratio. I did buy $20 worth of gazbucks when I got a 50% off coupon that I haven't used. There's just nothing in the game I can really splurge on and have extra fun at this point.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I spent about $2.50 on the game. That Cap and Iron Man pack when it was on sale.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I bought a bunch of those gaz bucks codes that were in with video cards from other people because they weren't limited to one per account. So I guess like none of the money really went to the game. I'm the problem.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Man even though I haven't logged into this game in like 8 months I'm still kinda bittersweet right now.

I started playing MH when my now-wife and I were dating long distance. Back then it took like a year to grind up your first hero from 1 to 60. She was Storm and I was Thing. At around level 45 I bought her Storm's chase costume as a gift (I got Thingcognito). I remember when we finally hit 60 and it was the most triumphant thing ever.

then we moved on to the Captains Marvel and America and she fell in love with Carol. She'd eventually take her to Cosmic, along the way amassing almost all of her costumes through the Grinder, except the Mar-Vell costume which she got from an honest-to-god Drop. I remember I was out of the house and she was playing and she called me up to say that it fell.

I've always been adjacent to Groot Force but for us it was a game that we could chill out with together. Sometimes we'd put on some TV in the background and kind of pay half-attention to both games. I remember when the Cake Fountain was discovered and we were hitting there so hard that my computer was starting to get hot.

All those moments, lost, like tears in the rain...

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

I had some fun in this game with you guys but it was time rip :rip:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ghostlight posted:

Today's announcement is just going to be a year-long movement to Diablo 3 style skill system that is going to be half implemented by 2018.
gently caress, I was wrong again.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Gaz please leak the source code and let some modders turn it into a single player grindfest at least.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I have not played in a year but I am irrationally sad.

Did the game get bad so I can feel less bad? Like an Ol' Cosmic Yeller situation or......?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
future fight is still going who cares about the bad marvel game

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MotU posted:

future fight is still going who cares about the bad marvel game

:thunk:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

davebo posted:

Gaz please leak the source code and let some modders turn it into a single player grindfest at least.
No way, I want to run a back-alley community server where all the names have been changed to our derogatory nicknames.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
In case ya'll want to keep in touch with your favorite MH forums poster:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/4325118#Comment_4325118

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
This bums me out, i put 3500 or so hours into this game and most of it was a lot of fun. Mainly because of the people in the guild, not the lovely game, but still. Also blew over 1k dollars on this freaking thing, a significant amount of which is still sitting in my stash waiting for the perfect time to use boosts...

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice
Holy poo poo, I just realized that I managed to make it to the end without my Winter Boost running out. Success.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I'll miss telling you all how to build your heroes and one-shotting the entire screen/x-defense waves on Human Torch when everyone thought he was bad. What was Gaz's ttk this game again?

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Why are people blaming the guy the banks brought in AFTER they ran out of money and had to fire/downsize constantly to avoid going bankrupt?

Gee maybe spending all your time making 50 20$ costumes for Spider-Man wasn't the best way to run a company lmao

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Longer than their TTL.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

We'll always have TTE

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

ICR did you cosmic every character in the game in the end? I thought you had everyone at yellow but then someone posted you still had a few to go and weren't playing anymore, and then they added Carnage after a drunken bender of productivity never to be repeated...

Someone get Denny's on the line, they have to bring back Thingburger in memoriam.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Someone post the award winning IOD TTE plz

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I think I have some G's left over, maybe I should log in and buy notoriously bad character Carnage.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I think I spent just short of $50 in 1199 hours according to Steam. But I also think I stopped playing like 2 years ago now. Still lurked these threads every 2-4 months.

Suddenly got bored and quit, fell behind, didn't care enough to learn which items were still worth anything and which ones were now useless for endgame.

E: 75g and 1,214 splinters left.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yeah i still think the ideas they talked about but never implemented sounded good. if you wanted to win an internet slapfight against no one you shoulda found the ones where i was super optimistic about the omega system being released in february or march.

rip this game, i enjoyed it a ton and is the first game i liked that died while i still liked it. i played path of exile and was a big ol meh on it, and diablo 3 has stagnated since seasons started. no exciting arpgs on the horizon, so this game dying will leave some gap for me. i had still been logging on and playing for a few hours a week.

game got so much love from me just for having melee arpg combat that actually felt "weighty"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The bue really killed it for me. It wasn't even the movement change, it was just logging in and realizing I had hours of micromanaging my inventory just to re-equip my toons in any manner that made sense and I really didn't want to.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

How about when they teased new items to replace uniques for over a year and then never added them the game...

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Never forget

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

cams posted:

yeah i still think the ideas they talked about but never implemented sounded good. if you wanted to win an internet slapfight against no one you shoulda found the ones where i was super optimistic about the omega system being released in february or march.

rip this game, i enjoyed it a ton and is the first game i liked that died while i still liked it. i played path of exile and was a big ol meh on it, and diablo 3 has stagnated since seasons started. no exciting arpgs on the horizon, so this game dying will leave some gap for me. i had still been logging on and playing for a few hours a week.

game got so much love from me just for having melee arpg combat that actually felt "weighty"

I was wrong about Saint Freak

I'll miss you most of all, cams

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
#teamcams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I'm super skeptical just because it's based on the War Z game engine by notorious scammer sergey titov, but I might give that Wild West MMO a try when it comes out just because I can't wait until Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out to ride a horsey.