Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Slimy Hog posted:

Wow, there is a lot of hate for smart watches when all it takes to have them out of your life is to not buy one...

Hi, welcome to the Internet! Your first day here can be awfully confusing, so take a minute to look around, read the FAQ, and get settled in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why do people keep buying things that I don't like

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I got a popsocket for my phone and it is kind of dorky but man it makes the phone way easier to hold

Gonna get one for my kindle

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Wth is a poopsocket

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I quite like my Apple Watch :shobon:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Etrips posted:

Wth is a poopsocket

I dare you to google that with SafeSearch off.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

spog posted:

I dare you to google that with SafeSearch off.

A challenge for you all: what is the worst possible google search with SafeSearch off made up of perfectly harmless words? The kind of search any granny would happily type.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dick Trauma posted:

A challenge for you all: what is the worst possible google search with SafeSearch off made up of perfectly harmless words? The kind of search any granny would happily type.

Daddy

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

Two girls one cup

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Grandma would probably enjoy a nice lemon party

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I've never bought Crocs but that doesn't prevent me from telling people Crocs are poo poo because it's an objective fact!

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Dick Trauma posted:

Daddy's little girl.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Cream pies

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

taqueso posted:

Cream pies

I bought two pecan wieners and ate them both.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

KingSlime posted:

I've never bought Crocs but that doesn't prevent me from telling people Crocs are poo poo because it's an objective fact!

They look like poo poo, but are crazy comfortable and great for a ton of stuff.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The best flip flops I ever owned were Crocs. They were unbelievably comfortable. I want to hate them so bad but nope theyre great shoes.

Mario Batali wears them so that rules too.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

The best flip flops I ever owned were Crocs. They were unbelievably comfortable. I want to hate them so bad but nope theyre great shoes.

Mario Batali wears them so that rules too.
Mario Batali wears clogs not flip flops and he dresses like an idiot.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I got a popsocket for my phone and it is kind of dorky but man it makes the phone way easier to hold

I see PopSockets everywhere and always thought they were dumb, but I caved and got one because my coworker is constantly raving about it and I actually really like it a lot. I recently got the Pixel XL 2 and it's sort of hard to use one-handed with my small, girlish hands (on account of being a small girl), and getting one of these things has been great. And I haven't dropped my phone on my face once yet!

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Dick Trauma posted:

Grandma might be curious what a "typical mac user" might look like and search for it.

I bought a new smart trainer for my bike for the few days during the winter too lovely to ride outside in (I live in Orange County, CA. I know there aren't many).

Elite Direto

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I have one of those for when it's a billion degrees outside in Phoenix

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I'm sure Crocs are comfortable, people who rock them usually look like they're dressed for maximized comfort 24/7

I'm just ribbing, y'all do you! I use old dad style running shoes and my friends will never not give me poo poo for that

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

KingSlime posted:

I'm sure Crocs are comfortable, people who rock them usually look like they're dressed for maximized comfort 24/7

I'm just ribbing, y'all do you! I use old dad style running shoes and my friends will never not give me poo poo for that
If you wanted comfortable shoes you could've gotten Nike free 3.0 a few years ago and adidas pureboost now.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Popsockets own. I unfortunately ruined mine a little so I havent been using them much. I should buy a new pair.

Josh Lyman posted:

Mario Batali wears clogs not flip flops and he dresses like an idiot.

Batali looks comfortable 24/7 while cooking delicious food and dresses much better than fashion dorks

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

If you wanted comfortable shoes you could've gotten Nike free 3.0 a few years ago and adidas pureboost now.

If the free 3.0 is the one that's basically a sock with a sole glued to it, then yea, they are great but have a ton less utility then crocs. Crocs are like the ultimate outdoor utility shoe, they dry in minuets and you can just hose them down when they get nasty.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Josh Lyman posted:

I've never been able to fit into Nikes.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Three cheers for clearance, the price finally dropped after sitting on the shelf for a long time

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Dick Trauma posted:

"donald trump"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bough three sweet potatoes, diced them, baked them and then ate half.

Better than a couple of recent video game purchases.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

New shoe day!

Nike Jordan Eclipse, to replace some very well worn New Balances.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Coffee And Pie posted:

I never thought I'd buy another Nintendo console but (I put one on layaway)

I didn't think layaway had existed for decades.

I went a little nuts with the pre-black friday sale vidya games myself

-Forza 7
-Uncharted Lost Legacy
-Madden 18
-Project Cars 2
-Destiny 2

All of those except Forza and D2 were $30 cdn or less, even less in Trump bux right now I'm sure.

edit: cancelled one game

UnfortunateSexFart has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Nov 17, 2017

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Sentient Data posted:

Three cheers for clearance, the price finally dropped after sitting on the shelf for a long time

Great buy! We found one of the expensive Japanese ones at a thrift shop a few years ago and it's been awesome--definitely makes much tastier rice than the 20$ Wolfgang Puck ones. Only thing that sucks is trying to translate the buttons

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 23:44 on Nov 17, 2017

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I didn't think so either, but several music festivals I've been to in the past year or two have had payment plans like that and I'm so glad they do because it's pretty much the only way I was able to attend them. I haven't had 2 or 3 hundred bucks extra at one time after paying bills in a while.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I bought a new TV, the LG C7 OLED. It's pretty drat nice, would recommend.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Good Dog posted:

Grandma might be curious what a "typical mac user" might look like and search for it.

I bought a new smart trainer for my bike for the few days during the winter too lovely to ride outside in (I live in Orange County, CA. I know there aren't many).

Elite Direto

Not a Tacx Neo, you have chosen... poorly. (I ride on rollers like a pleb/trackie so take this with a massive grain of sarcasm.)

Content: I bought a pair of these boots! Except I didn't. I just paid a whole big whack of money and I will get them in 10 weeks or so. Dayton custom/made to order Service Boot "Boondocker." They made a limited number of them a while ago and I like the style so much I asked them if they would do it again, and they were like heck yeah we will.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDmL0nxSkxd/?taken-by=daytonboots

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 20:08 on Nov 18, 2017

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I went a little nuts with the pre-black friday sale vidya games myself

-Forza 7
-Uncharted Lost Legacy
-Madden 18
-Project Cars 2
-Destiny 2

All of those except Forza and D2 were $30 cdn or less, even less in Trump bux right now I'm sure.

edit: cancelled one game

It's only at a few stores, like I did mine at Toys R Us. It's a good idea considering how broke everyone is, and it's nice to not have to worry about the holiday rush. Though I'll probably have it paid off by Tuesday because I'm impatient :confuoot:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

For a Friendsgiving tonight as requested by the host.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

For a Friendsgiving tonight as requested by the host.
That's a uh... not inexpensive request.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

That's a uh... not inexpensive request.

A gift of a dollar from someone who only has five dollars is much more meaningful than a gift of a thousand dollars from someone who has a million.

e: I misread. I hope the original poster didn't feel obligated.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

strangemusic posted:

Not a Tacx Neo, you have chosen... poorly. (I ride on rollers like a pleb/trackie so take this with a massive grain of sarcasm.)

Content: I bought a pair of these boots! Except I didn't. I just paid a whole big whack of money and I will get them in 10 weeks or so. Dayton custom/made to order Service Boot "Boondocker." They made a limited number of them a while ago and I like the style so much I asked them if they would do it again, and they were like heck yeah we will.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDmL0nxSkxd/?taken-by=daytonboots

Unfortunately the Neo is literally twice the price and I don't think the features warrant spending another $800. The Direto is the cheapest direct drive out there, I'll try it out on Monday, it just came in the mail today but I'm still waiting on a cassette and I'd be riding outdoors on the weekend either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

A gift of a dollar from someone who only has five dollars is much more meaningful than a gift of a thousand dollars from someone who has a million.

e: I misread. I hope the original poster didn't feel obligated.
The first gift is 20% of their net worth compared to 0.1% for the latter anyway :smug: