Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I know Methanar has already been singing the praises I gave Udyr but it can't be stressed enough if you're an aggressive jungler:

Play Udyr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

main problem is that to play udyr regularly I would need to get his really expensive skin bc man his base skin is really bad.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

LoL isn't your job. This isn't compensation for selling your labour

It is however a reward system based on time invested

They changed the system to make it harder to get whatever specific champion you want so that more people would want to buy rp, as well as pushing for a more loot box based economy, since those are more addictive and in every loving game lately, even single player games.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 16, 2017

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I've tried trist jungle and it feels good. Press the attack means your burst is lethal and giving your allies 12% damage in ganks is nice.

Do you have to kite a lot to have a healthy clear?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

d0grent posted:

Do you have to kite a lot to have a healthy clear?

A little? It's not really hard to do that but with red buff you stay fairly healthy anyways.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

gowb posted:

main problem is that to play udyr regularly I would need to get his really expensive skin bc man his base skin is really bad.

My favorite thing about Udyr is if he came out today his ultimate skin would 100% just be his base appearance

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

gowb posted:

Look this starbucks sippin elitist snowflake that's too good to play trashbag-with-legs whose sfx are mspaint drawings of animals by timmy age 5.

Macksy fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 16, 2017

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Monicro posted:

My favorite thing about Udyr is if he came out today his ultimate skin would 100% just be his base appearance

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Monicro posted:

Yea it's really infuriating

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
See also; that one Vlad skin, that one Anivia skin

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Have any of you experimented with Heimerdinger? Got a chance to unlock the little bigheaded poo poo.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for some reason press the attack is broken in aram

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Monicro posted:

lol this is why they aren't updating his base even though it's rear end compared to everything else now

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Monicro posted:

Not that you're wrong but a lot of people said that even back when it was released!

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

They changed the system to make it harder to get whatever specific champion you want so that more people would want to buy rp, as well as pushing for a more loot box based economy, since those are more addictive and in every loving game lately, even single player games.

This is probably the idea but it's kind of hilarious how unsatisfying these loot crates are. Basically all they give you is a bunch of discount coupons which you may sell for funbucks or use to buy a specific hero/skin at a discounted price.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

gowb posted:

Or you could get Def Not Udyr which is used by all the cool kids.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Elman posted:

This is probably the idea but it's kind of hilarious how unsatisfying these loot crates are. Basically all they give you is a bunch of discount coupons which you may sell for funbucks or use to buy a specific hero/skin at a discounted price.

when i was turning my IP into BE i got an ornn shard and it was still literally cheaper for me to buy three mystery shards and 'random' them into ornn than it was to just use the drat shard

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

I tried playing kindred a couple times today since they're free this week. both times I got a bunch of kills in lane phase and went "hey im fed, this must mean I'm able to do literally anything in teamfights" and was met with a very unfortunate surprise

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im really proud of my situational awareness: https://plays.tv/s/LVpG6fb-jHud

but im sometimes good at pressing buttons, and sona is my friend: https://plays.tv/s/LVpH5soHFBxo

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Max Coveri posted:

Or you could get Def Not Udyr which is used by all the cool kids.
Hipsters aren't cool.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

You have not lived until you've played full AP q-max teemo with aerie in this Everyone Is Squishy patch

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monicro posted:

You have not lived until you've played full AP q-max teemo with aerie in this Everyone Is Squishy patch

Im feeling like a shitter but i only play teemo on aram. Teach me your ways moni my friendo

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Step 1: Press q

Step 2: Collect LP

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monicro posted:

Step 1: Press q

Step 2: Collect LP

wish me luck

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Xerath is loving annoying in pre-season.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I've seen a lot of people mention magic resistance nerfs, what are they? I can't find anything in the patch notes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Elman posted:

I've seen a lot of people mention magic resistance nerfs, what are they? I can't find anything in the patch notes.

Its not in the patch notes because its part of the fact that you no longer have armor/MR runes outside of the new resolve tree, so everyone's much squisbier because they arent running around with a bunch of innate resistances from old runes/masteries. This has made some characters who do more 'bursty' damage such as burst mages and lethality-stacking assassins much harder to deal with, as you may expect.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Probably referring to stats not replaced by the absence of runes. Lots of people ran magic resist runes to survive early poke. Afaik riot upped the base stats on all champs to try and reflect the most common rune pages but they missed some stuff

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

el dingo posted:

Probably referring to stats not replaced by the absence of runes. Lots of people ran magic resist runes to survive early poke. Afaik riot upped the base stats on all champs to try and reflect the most common rune pages but they missed some stuff

most unfortunately the only stats midlane mages got was scaling health per level. No MR, no armor. You sorta get hosed if you get tagged with anything in the midlane now.

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

but im sometimes good at pressing buttons, and sona is my friend: https://plays.tv/s/LVpH5soHFBxo

The resigned "...okay" at the end is the most support player thing I've ever heard and it's perfect

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
killgoldfish has a cute voice

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Monathin posted:

wish me luck

Ultimate hat my friend Also domination in secondary because I believe cheap shot works on shrooms.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Ultimate hat and transcendence Also domination in secondary because I believe cheap shot works on shrooms.

Quite isn't Edit rip I'm on mobile.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Ultimate hat my friend Also domination in secondary because I believe cheap shot works on shrooms.

Cheapshot also works on q

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

el dingo posted:

What happened was a combination of base AP/AD being increased for nearly everyone, combined with base MR/Armor seeing either very slight increases or very slight decreases over the standard and the loss of easily accessible early HP via HP yellows or Veteran's Scars. Most midlane mages ran flat pen reds as it was, so the effective decrease is only around 5 MR or so. This wouldn't be so bad if they didn't also gain an additional 5-6+ AP/AD over what they normally would've run (assuming they were running Offense), and if preseason runes didn't introduce a whole bunch of free damage sources (Aery, Comet, Scorch) and conditional damage increases (Coup, Press the Attack, Sudden Impact) that serve to directly magnify any lead an opponent has.

The result of all of this is that the game feels way more like rocket tag than it's ever really felt in any previous preseason. The most innocuous of mistakes - like walking within range of Sona's AA while she has Aery, Scorch, and Frostfang ready - can instantly lose you all lane pressure. Falling even slightly behind an assassin like Rengar, Talon, or Zed feels like dogshit, because their damage is greatly accelerated compared to old runes/masteries. Defensive rune options are highly limited without either loving up your keystone (Resolve) or effectively conceding the lane (Celestial Body). They either need to do another base stat pass or heavily carve away offensive rune power.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

It is however a reward system based on time invested

Unless you're playing 6+ games per FWotD, you're getting more BE in the long run with the new system. Sorry about your math skills.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

iSurrender posted:

Unless you're playing 6+ games per FWotD, you're getting more BE in the long run with the new system. Sorry about your math skills.

Is it more common to play one game a day or just play a long session every week or two on a weekend? Not sure

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Is it more common to play one game a day or just play a long session every week or two on a weekend? Not sure

Probably 0-3 games per day on weekdays and then more on the weekend.

Even if you grind on the weekend you need to go play 10+10m of botgames on 2 other days to make the new system better.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I play 2-3 Games most days, since I cant even really binge on the weekends. I'm sure other people have the opposite issue though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Rygar201 posted:

I play 2-3 Games most days, since I cant even really binge on the weekends. I'm sure other people have the opposite issue though

Yeah I feel lucky if I get 2 games in on a night, I often don't get to play at all.

• Locked thread