Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

enigmahfc posted:

Also again, everyone defending Buzzy and Austin's douche-chill inducing personalities, but piling on the :females:

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I liked Alex's polite "gently caress you, your check is right over there when you lose today" in response to Austin bitching about not getting paid yet.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I would walk out of any bar that had a dipshit like him working the bar.

WarEternal posted:

That Buzzy guy has to be in contention for dweebiest Jeopardy contestant. Jesus.

MisterZimbu posted:

Buzzy kinda looks like one of the charicature avatars from the old console Jeopardy games.

But yes, saying Lisa was being a crybaby/acting like she's having a panic attack is some red pill bullshit when she's the only woman in this ToC so far to be a total crybaby about losing.

Zesty posted:

Hey buddy, gently caress you.

No, gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
This is all serious business.

This is import...this means something.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I don't know how you guys took all the fun out of a contestant acting like a baby on national television but you did

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Jesus Christ, it's just a TV show.

:goonsay: JUST A TV SHOW?

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Lisa Schlitt had the opportunity to make “Schlitt” a serious name not subject to mockery, and she BLEW IT!

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
She's up Schlitt's creek now.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Hey guys does anyone else here like the quiz show "Jeopardy!"?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

zakharov posted:

Hey guys does anyone else here like the quiz show "Jeopardy!"?

It's pretty good

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

enigmahfc posted:

Austin's douche-chill inducing personalities

Um, Austin owns, thank you. Like, come on, he owns super hard.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Man. I love Austin. I love Buzzy. Alan is from my hometown.

I DON'T KNOW WHO I WANT TO WIN!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Alan already tooled Austin once, and I think Austin is faster and better than Buzzy. I think Alan might be the favorite here

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Too bad we can't have co-champions anymore :(

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah this is basically the ideal final. If Andrew could be in as a fourth it would be perfect.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Austin is an annoying twat

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

banned from Starbucks posted:

Austin is an annoying twat

he owns

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Austin haters are annoying twats

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I hope Austin wins just for the meltdowns ITT.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
I'm more annoyed that Lisa wagered everything she had when she had an actual realistic shot at winning by wagering nothing at all because of Buzzy and Jason's mutually assured destruction score gap

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Vulture Culture posted:

I'm more annoyed that Lisa wagered everything she had when she had an actual realistic shot at winning by wagering nothing at all because of Buzzy and Jason's mutually assured destruction score gap

Yes.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I just watched that episode and she hardly "melted down" or whatever goons were saying. She just got a bit frustrated.

loving goons.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

She was probably the most flustered I've ever seen anybody be on Jeopardy.

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
If you can’t just stand there stoically, you’re having a meltdown. See Austin for a good example of how not to react to setbacks in a way that destroys your reputation.

wa27 posted:

Cindy Stowell probably got her diagnosis and prognosis with less reaction than Lisa Schlitt showed in that game.

Syzygy Stardust fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 16, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Syzygy Stardust posted:

Cindy Stowell probably got her diagnosis and prognosis with less reaction than Lisa Schlitt showed in that game.

Dude. What the gently caress is wrong with you?

It’s like there was a void left by Ein Cooler Typ that asshats felt the need to rush in to fill.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 16, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wa27 posted:

Funny, cause I watched the next episode right after and Allen looked just as flustered when getting the Daily Doubles, like he was having trouble breathing. Yet no one here called him out on it.

But when a woman does it, she's going into hysterics! Someone get her a fainting couch!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Na he didnt. Nice try

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

HELL YEAH I GOT FINAL RIGHT WHEN THEY ALL MISSED IT

also that was kind of a lackluster game for a TOC final

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Na he didnt. Nice try

Alan is the most spastic and fidgeting contestant I have seen in a long time and even Alex mentioned how visibly nervous and flustered he was.

So yes, he was.

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich

enigmahfc posted:

Alan is the most spastic and fidgeting contestant I have seen in a long time and even Alex mentioned how visibly nervous and flustered he was.

So yes, he was.

Alan behaved exactly how you’d expect based on his appearance. Lisa was the surprise who didn’t obviously look like a hysterical wreck who always falls apart in bitterness and disappointment when she has a setback.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I guessed the iPad too, damnit

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Syzygy Stardust posted:

Alan behaved exactly how you’d expect based on his appearance.

I'm not sure what this means, but i somehow feel like it should be offensive...

Soothing Vapors posted:

I guessed the iPad too, damnit

I thought Segway because i'm dumb as poo poo and had literally no clue.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I don't think I'd qualify the iphone as an invention.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
How on earth did that softball question get used for a TOC final much less all 3 whiffing on it? Did anyone of them figure out what the X meant in the new one?

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

WarEternal posted:

I don't think I'd qualify the iphone as an invention.

Was the iPhone the first smartphone with a touch screen?

I was also torn between iPhone and iPad, but I thought I heard it was the 10th anniversary or something, plus iPhone X, yeah.

Also, nobody knows what Narcan is? :confused:

Loved that opening though.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

zenguitarman posted:

Was the iPhone the first smartphone with a touch screen?

No

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yeah you had a bunch of crappy windows ce phones but the iPhone was the first one that was any good

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Syzygy Stardust posted:

Alan behaved exactly how you’d expect based on his appearance. Lisa was the surprise who didn’t obviously look like a hysterical wreck who always falls apart in bitterness and disappointment when she has a setback.

Tell me what about Alan’s appearance makes you think he would be “spastic and fidgety.”

Then tell me what Lisa did that made you use the word “hysterical” to describe her and not other contestants.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Syzygy Stardust posted:

Not sure if that's racist or sexist? Please explain so I can be properly offended.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Syzygy Stardust posted:

wow it's almost like the emotional stakes are slightly higher when there's $250,000 on the line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Vulture Culture posted:

wow it's almost like the emotional stakes are slightly higher when there's $250,000 on the line

When the stakes were high, some could cope, some couldn’t.