Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm down for more Cole Chaos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I just noticed the immunity necklace is a big ol axe blade :black101:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Let the exciting pagonging begin

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

blue squares posted:

We havent seen a second of strategy yet this episode

Did you miss Ryan ditching the plate?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's gonna be a bummer if this is the obvious Joe boot, but I dunno what other direction it could plausibly go in barring some sort of weird Ben/Lauren change of heart

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Joe should have just eaten first.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Did you miss Ryan ditching the plate?

Thats not strategy thats quick thinking. I mean discussing the vote and stuff. But I guess now that alliances are set, its just a matter of a 30 second convo between the majority on who they want out

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Lone Goat posted:

I just noticed the immunity necklace is a big ol axe blade :black101:

The thematic conceit is Fiji's sugar cane industry and trade.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mike plays idol on Joe, Lauren's vote means one less for Desi, things go wrong for majority lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol Ben hiding

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

4 3 4 split seems pretty terrible if you're trying to play around an idol.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Joe should suggest that Ben was never in the Marines and it is a cover for the fact that he is a millionaire already

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

And here we thought Joe was Tony-lite.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"You swore on your Marine" is the dumbest thing to effectively rile something up ever

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I really don't like Joe but he's got a knack for the game.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Joe trolling Ben about swearing on the Marines owns so hard, and viewers are going to be so mad about it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lone Goat posted:

4 3 4 split seems pretty terrible if you're trying to play around an idol.

Yeah it's weird to me that math wizard Chrissy hasn't figured that out.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Ben you moron you just admitted you could be weak

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Based on the way this season has been edited, it's a definite Desi boot

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

xbilkis posted:

lol true

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
This season is boring, and I doubt it'll get much more interesting

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

This episode has been a lot of fun, though the actual result is uninteresting

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

xbilkis posted:

You called it.

This season loving blows.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

xbilkis posted:

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Was Lauren's "vote" the vote against her?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Midnightghoul posted:

They created idol drama and even that was pretty loving boring.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

blue squares posted:

This episode has been a lot of fun, though the actual result is uninteresting

Yeah the tribals are the least interesting part of this season, since barely anyone is playing the game, or playing very simplistically

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Hmm could be? Maybe to hide the uneven math

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I thought there was 11 people voting.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Still think this is a solidly average to slightly above-average season, but it could hit a rough patch if it's gonna be a pagonging into a Ben/Lauren/Ryan/Chrissy/Devon endgame.

I only really dislike Ryan, but it's definitely far from my favorite combination of players left in the game and a pretty obvious final grouping at this point

Midnightghoul posted:

Yeah the tribals are the least interesting part of this season, since barely anyone is playing the game, or playing very simplistically

This is part of why I like this season - it's a nice change of pace after the past few seasons of hardcore overplaying. Even as the editors use more deliberate misdirection to hide the boot, it's easier to follow than a lot of recent gameplay

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 16, 2017

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Desi and Joe voted Ben and Lauren (missed which was which) Cole and Mike voted Joe and the rest split on Joe and Desi

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lone Goat posted:

I thought there was 11 people voting.

Yeah I think I miscounted, kind of odd that nobody seemed to notice they were a vote short. Maybe Joe, he looked like he was confused about something between the first vote and the tiebreaker voting. Though that could have been the eight votes against him and Desi?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I currently dont like Ryan, Ben, and Joe the rest are just kind of meh. I guess rooting for Mike.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lone Goat posted:

Desi and Joe voted Ben and Lauren (missed which was which) Cole and Mike voted Joe and the rest split on Joe and Desi

Cole voting Joe is just weird to me in that situation. Why did he flip at all? It doesn't not make him the top boot still.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm really surprised at how much I've chilled out on Joe since earlier in the season. His idol play last week was almost adorably stupid, and his cute little personality's been dialed back a few notches. The lack of food and sleep may have had something to do with that.

Preview: :lol::lol::lol: Oh, Ryan...

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
You guys are loving crazy, this season is great. Comedy, drama, and a perfect mixture of actual smart people and amazing idiots.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

IcePhoenix posted:

Cole voting Joe is just weird to me in that situation. Why did he flip at all? It doesn't not make him the top boot still.

Seems like Mike filled him in on his intention to flip and thought, at the very least, it might buy Cole another 3 days if he flips too. The leftover healers were kinda divided into Mike/Cole + Desi/Joe duos

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Well if nothing else Joe showed how easy it can be to provoke Ben. The next ep focusing on Ryan letting that slip makes me think it will turn out to be less of a big deal than it was made to look.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I just hope at some point in the future we get to know the answer to the burning question - Was Ben in the Marines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Spergatory posted:

You guys are loving crazy, this season is great. Comedy, drama, and a perfect mixture of actual smart people and amazing idiots.

Seriously it's this. I laughed out loud multiple times during the episode, some of the visual gags were great. I loved Lauren nudging a blank parchment off the table on the revote. I need a gif of this.

xbilkis posted:

Seems like Mike filled him in on his intention to flip and thought, at the very least, it might buy Cole another 3 days if he flips too. The leftover healers were kinda divided into Mike/Cole + Desi/Joe duos

They might have also been tighter with Desi than Joe and trying to push the vote away from her?

The strangest thing was Desi voting for Lauren, what the hell?????

• Locked thread