Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mizuti posted:

I've got a lot of fashion balling to do! Shame about those three, though. Has anyone figured out if apricorn balls are still 1 per game?

Is fashion balling an actual thing? I mean, the sticker things from Diamond/Pearl were pretty fun, I wouldn't say no if they came back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

the_steve posted:

Is fashion balling an actual thing? I mean, the sticker things from Diamond/Pearl were pretty fun, I wouldn't say no if they came back.

They mean catching Pokemon in balls that coordinate with their color scheme/aesthetic.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
In my case, I try to get anything in rare balls that I can. Since you can't customize the appearance of almost any Pokémon, getting nifty Poké Balls to send them out in is the next best thing. Pokémon Bank let me collect over a thousand variants and USUM will open up some more possibilities.

(I'm not sure if anyone in the world besides me wants things like Sunkern in lure balls, but it was fun collecting them.)

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Dehry posted:

I noticed my copy of Pokemon Ultra Sun from Amazon was delayed. Someone else already asked amazon why.

https://twitter.com/Sikamarutwin/status/930538998581170177

This has team rocket written all over it

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Among other things, all of the starters that weren't available with the Island Scan in regular SM. The Alola starters are the only starters who cannot legally be caught in actual fun pokeballs.
The Beast Ball grind continues :shepicide:

(I'm gonna sit this one out, but still feel free PM me if anyone wants anything from SM in BBs)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

hopeandjoy posted:

They mean catching Pokemon in balls that coordinate with their color scheme/aesthetic.

I've got balls planned out for my team pokes as well, I was just hoping that fashion balling was going to be a new feature

Snorlax was meant for the Heavy Ball, Arceus dammit. :colbert:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whens it come out, today?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Friday.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's not today at all.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it will be in two days

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
11am GMT/6am Eastern Thursday will be when New Zealanders would be able to play legally.

1:30pm GMT/8:30am Eastern Thursday for Australia

3pm GMT/10am Eastern Thursday for Japan

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

They really should just add a feature/mini game in one of these that lets you change the actual ball your mon was originally caught/hatched with. It's super frustrating that the new starters and other stuff like fossil mons are still locked to standard pokeballs.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Dehry posted:

11am GMT/6am Eastern Thursday will be when New Zealanders would be able to play legally.

1:30pm GMT/8:30am Eastern Thursday for Australia

3pm GMT/10am Eastern Thursday for Japan
New Zealand is under Nintendo of Australia's blanket of territory, so we get it the same time as all Nintendo of Australia releases.

About 13 hours from now?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

As a person who lives in Japan but uses the US eShop, I hate timezones. Midnight in the US is noon-ish for me so I gotta wait until after work instead of foolishly playing at night and going to work tired the next day.

EDIT: Also, I've seen a few posts about it but I'm still interested in everybody's planned teams, if they don't plan to switch as they do. So far I definitely want to use-

Incineroar (Gotta have a starter- Actually I would rather use Alolan Marowak but the Shadow Bone issue prevents it. Might swap to Salazzle.)
Lycanroc (Wanna use Dusk-boy)
Tsareena (She's rad, and I didn't use her last time.)
Kommo-o (See above.)
Araquanid (Rad bug,)
Mudsdale (Rad horse.)

All physical attackers... Well, Kommo-o can do both, I guess.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 16, 2017

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Decidueye, Scrafty, Ampharos, and who knows what else.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Nu-Lycanroc,
Tyrantrum (assuming its available in game and not postgame)
Passimian
Ribombee
Murkrow
????- wildcard

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i will use whatever mons the game blesses me with, for i will be playing nuzzle locke

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
im going to name all my mons after my friends so they bicker over who lives and who dies when i need to sack to totem mons

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

As a person who lives in Japan but uses the US eShop, I hate timezones. Midnight in the US is noon-ish for me so I gotta wait until after work instead of foolishly playing at night and going to work tired the next day.

you think this is the worst but actually it is the best. if it unlocked at midnight in america, then you would be downloading it for an hour on your lovely comcast internet

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

you think this is the worst but actually it is the best. if it unlocked at midnight in america, then you would be downloading it for an hour on your lovely comcast internet

You can preload it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

True, and I get to sleep!

I had completely forgotten preloading was a thing though, so thanks Bongo Bill! I will hella preload tonight so that I will be ready to poke mons immediately after I get home from work.

drat I forgot about Passimian and Ribombee. Maybe I'll forget about breeding a team and just swap things in and out as I go. Sadly I'm going from Sun to Ultra Moon so the former is locked away from me. Rugby monkey...

EDIT: anyone know if the UB quest at the end still gives you a shitton of money? I don't want to get stuck with Snorlax for the whole game again because I got addicted to Happy Houring every trainer...

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I went by my local Gamestop that had a midnight launch last year. The manager there said there weren't enough staffing hours for one. There's still an event, but it seems EA owns the night with Battlefront II and Sims 4. He said they won't even have the games available until the morning.

E: The UB quest doesn't exist anymore.

There's still a lot of money given after the Rainbow Rocket events

Dehry fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 16, 2017

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It just occurred to me that the Pikablu fan hoax is old enough to vote now.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Star Man posted:

It just occurred to me that the Pikablu fan hoax is old enough to vote now.

Yeah except marill also became a real thing

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Countblanc posted:

i will use whatever mons the game blesses me with, for i will be playing nuzzle locke

[me calling the gamer self harm hotline] that's right, FOUR cats on leashes

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
you cant do this

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so if the UB hunt is gone is Anabel just, like, not in the game?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

TFRazorsaw posted:

Who is she supposed to be?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

TFRazorsaw posted:

Is Looker not in the game? Because that’s the bigger sin.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

EDIT: Also, I've seen a few posts about it but I'm still interested in everybody's planned teams, if they don't plan to switch as they do.
Primarina/Golisopod/Alolachu/Mimikyu/Alolawak/???.

Avoiding duplicate types on your team is for scrubs.

hopeandjoy posted:

Is Looker not in the game? Because that's the bigger sin.
From what I've heard, no he's not. Shameful.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Ghost types are some of the best and most loyal friends, so

Along with bug- and dragon-types

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

The mons I got planned for my team at the moment are:

Primarina
Mimikyu
Zoroark
Gengar

With these in mind, I think I kinda wanna go for a cute'n'spooky theme. Anyone got any suggestions for the last 2 slots that are cute and/or spooky?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Anabel is reduced to a cameo heading towards the battle tree.
Looker is at least seen during the main game hinting that he's looking for Team Rocket.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

serefin99 posted:

Primarina
Mimikyu
Zoroark
Gengar

With these in mind, I think I kinda wanna go for a cute'n'spooky theme. Anyone got any suggestions for the last 2 slots that are cute and/or spooky?

Drifblim is quite cute and spooky. As is my good friend Chandelure. I think you would be quite overloaded with ghosts at that point though.

Zoroark is an interesting choice though! I don't hear much about Trickster McSpindlyarms, how is that guy?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So far my planned team is

Incineroar
Alolan Ninetales
Alolan Raichu

the other half of my team may earn their spots. I kinda want Ribombee again just because I love it and my one in Moon was MVP but I wanna do different stuff in Ultra Sun

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I wanna use more alolan forms this time around. I've never used Marowak or Exeggutor so I'ma keep a lookout for those.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

serefin99 posted:

Primarina
Mimikyu
Zoroark
Gengar

Two more Mimikyu.

Or Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist?
Misdreavus/Mismagius
And that's all I have off the top of my head.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

serefin99 posted:

Primarina
Mimikyu
Zoroark
Gengar

Murkrow
Dedenne
Whimsicott
Malamar

are all spooky and/or cute

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sade posted:

I wanna use more alolan forms this time around. I've never used Marowak or Exeggutor so I'ma keep a lookout for those.

Oooh yea Alolan Exeggutor, forgot that big dumb bastard, I should use it too.

I love Alolan Marowak even if it's hilariously gimped by poor game flow design.

What's a fun Alolan ghost type to use? I used Mimikyu/ghost owl/Marowak in my Moon game so I'd rather not double dip there. I'm thinking of the sand castle ghost maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Yeah, Palossand's pretty great.