Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Kainser posted:

Please don't post here unless you have 1000+ hours in the game.

ok

next to the big blue INSTALL button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I was going to say "thing burger"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the thing burger meme got so popular that the popular media even adopted it in their political reporting, where they will refer to an unimportant story as a "no thing burger" because the thing burger was such a big deal

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

the key to the thing burger was the Punch Packing Thing Sauce™

i purchased and ate this menu item and remember asking the waitress what the Thing Sauce was and she couldn't tell me

i'm 99% sure it was ketchup and mayo mixed together

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I'm not surprised this happened. So long, dead game.

It's a shame there doesn't seem to be any other diablolikes on the market now, which actually have a setting that's not fantasy. The main thing which made MH different is the change of setting.

I guess we're back to more orcs and skeletons.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cubemario posted:

I'm not surprised this happened. So long, dead game.

It's a shame there doesn't seem to be any other diablolikes on the market now, which actually have a setting that's not fantasy. The main thing which made MH different is the change of setting.

I guess we're back to more orcs and skeletons.
It's got an incredibly stupid name but Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr is space orks and skeleton robot men, at least?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Kenby posted:

Five years from now this is gonna be like the CoH thread where everyone wonders why they still post about their dead superhero waifu's while throwing money at every kickstarter with the words City of Heroes in it, but no one wants to shut the thread down because those poor souls have suffered enough.

This is our future.

five years from now the servers that used to host SA will be up for sale in an IRS seizure auction

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
The hosed up part is that this game was like...80% good. IDK,i feel bad for the dudes that were really committed, but reading the games forums the past month have been great. They did, and probably still do, blame negativity on the forums for this failure lmao

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

It's got an incredibly stupid name but Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr is space orks and skeleton robot men, at least?

Well that's something at least. I'll keep an eye on this one.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I have been keeping an eye of this one, generally like the 40k IP, but gently caress that full price early access nonsense. Also the fact that a lot of 40k games turn out to be a kind of crummy. I will wait to see how it turns out once they release a full version.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Your Battle Buddy posted:

The hosed up part is that this game was like...80% good. IDK,i feel bad for the dudes that were really committed, but reading the games forums the past month have been great. They did, and probably still do, blame negativity on the forums for this failure lmao
the most likely reality is that disney had them on a suuuper short leash once they bought marvel. disney made a bunch of moves to get rid of any pre-disney marvel games and relaunch a bunch of new ones under their banner. marvel heroes was very lucky to keep going. ps4 launch did not do well enough to keep them going.

ceo being a creep and people making noise about it are probably what made someone decide on a bullet rather than letting the game bleed out. so much tasty blood left though :(

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i'm not googling anything right now but didnt disney buy marvel way before this game was a thing? LIke that should have been a thing from the get go

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Gaz got their license right before Disney bought Marvel which is why they had a bit more leeway for a while.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tom Gorman posted:

the key to the thing burger was the Punch Packing Thing Sauce™

i purchased and ate this menu item and remember asking the waitress what the Thing Sauce was and she couldn't tell me

i'm 99% sure it was ketchup and mayo mixed together

That's what I used for mine. Still felt like it was missing something to rate better than an "eh".

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
man that sucks. I just liked getting stoned and clicking on dudes. Honestly I probably put more hours into this game than any other arpg. Wish i could have been there for when this game was good and not bue crap apparently

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

I was unironically looking forward to farming omegas so she-hulks sig would always crit and finding out which sets would make Juggernaut more ridiculous.

Was really hoping that the console version brought in enough money so that the PC version could be frequently updated again.

Still was a fun game for the most part.

Anyone heard anything about Gaz's Vr game? I haven't seen anything about the studio itself closing, just Marble Herons closing down.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Well 1000Gs a day okay you've convinced me to watch this game die from within rather than from without.

Edit: It really is time to login!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
This goddamn game kept updating every half day, and I uninstalled it recently. Now I kinda want to try again if only to try out all those new skins I wanted to try awhile back

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Kelp Plankton posted:

and finally, notalizardman ruining a group shot i was trying to take, of kate bishops. thanks

It's perfect, Walter!

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Anyone have a video of a good Hulk /lol party? That one always cracked me up. Pirate Deadpool, not so much.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i forgot this video existed until someone reminded me today, so here's a pre-groot-force hour and a half of me running around in the MH beta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtyNgDinNyU&t=371s

its weird looking back that far, and i sure say some real weird stuff in this video, but man i was really into this thing right off the bat. gonna miss it

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The hotdog stream was the peak of this game in retrospect.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The game died for me when they hosed up the skill system and movement powers, but it's sad (but completely expected) to see it finally get the plug pulled. I'll be equipping the most yellow shaders I can find in Destiny 2 in tribute.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I'm sad as poo poo, I really enjoyed playing this game and shelled out money every time they had a sale (which was often) or something. I mostly played Winter Soldier, Richards, and Doom...

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I remember when I first signed up and you were forced to pick a character out of like 5 without getting a chance to try any of them or know how good they were. And it was permanent.

Storm was my first character, and I guess I'll go out with her selected, just to take things full circle.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Kelp Plankton posted:

i forgot this video existed until someone reminded me today, so here's a pre-groot-force hour and a half of me running around in the MH beta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtyNgDinNyU&t=371s

its weird looking back that far, and i sure say some real weird stuff in this video, but man i was really into this thing right off the bat. gonna miss it

Oh hey, it's Rocket Racoon. Helloooo!

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I haven't played this game in a while and just saw that it was being shut down. RIP Marvel Heroes, you were a fun game.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
I hadn't played this for a long time so I don't know why it's dying now. Just Gaz making bad decisions, or Disney being Disney?

I "only" had 440 hours in the game, though that's still more than any other game.

PureRok posted:

I remember when I first signed up and you were forced to pick a character out of like 5 without getting a chance to try any of them or know how good they were. And it was permanent.

Storm was my first character, and I guess I'll go out with her selected, just to take things full circle.

This is me. Except I'm not going to log in again.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Oceanbound posted:

I hadn't played this for a long time so I don't know why it's dying now. Just Gaz making bad decisions, or Disney being Disney?

The story I saw said Disney had pulled the license back from Gazillionaire, specifically.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Good night sweet prince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IC5xkaYRSE

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i imagine the license had some sort of morality clause in it so if they bring the ip into disrepute by, for example, hiring a pedophile ceo, it can be revoked

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

or possibly if the average daily users falls below zero

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

END ME SCOOB posted:

The story I saw said Disney had pulled the license back from Gazillionaire, specifically.

Yeah, the license was signed before Disney actually owned Marvel, so it looks like this was Disney just taking back those rights while Gazillion desperately did things to try and keep ahold of them.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the time i cosmiced phil collins

emma is good and the frostitutes did nothing wrong

ill never forgive you nickhimself

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Summer of 2014 with the first rebrand leading into the first tournament was probably my favorite time with this game. I will miss the community and oforums crazies most of all.

goodbye sweet husband

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
This game was dead to me the moment they took away all my triple size visual mods.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am so, so sad to hear about this game going away.

I loved it on PC and play it a lot on the PS4. I was always hoping for them to bring over some of the PC heroes to the PS4 too. I have Rogue on the PC and she is my absolute favourite marvel superhero. I always wanted to play as her on the PS4.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

This game was dead to me the moment they took away all my triple size visual mods.

That was definitely the marker for the end of the golden age.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
:rip:

game was good and cared about fun player experiences

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

except for this, you are correct and it is bullshit they removed this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
It was very important that the my Hulkbuster Iron Man be as large as possible and also standing next to a Wolverine that was as small as possible and they just took it away