Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

teagone posted:

What if Zack Snyder/WB got George Miller to do the reshoots instead.

Probably not a viable option since George Miller is currently suing WB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Haha, yeah just read that. GG Warner Bros.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

As much as it sucks that that means we probably won't get any more Mad Max movies any time soon, good for George Miller.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
have zach snyder make the next mad max film

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I want Zack Snyder to make an MCU film. And a Star Wars spinoff film.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I feel this sort of odd noble huntsman look is a much better look for Steppenwolf then the generic warrior look he gets in the movie.

I feel a lot of the 4th World New god looks work so well cause of how strange they are.

I feel he would work better if it was made clear he was Darkseid's general and gave him some respect. This is a guy that has beaten Superman in the comics.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 16, 2017

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Karloff posted:

Being funny is essential to jokes...

Whoa, whoa...whoa...slow down there, Einstein. What's this about humor being an essential part of jokes now?

I'm just loving with you but drat if that sentence didn't make me laugh. In a "Fear is essential to horror" and "conflict is essential to drama" sort of way.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

I feel this sort of odd noble huntsman look is a much better look for Steppenwolf then the generic warrior look he gets in the movie.

I feel a lot of the 4th World New god looks work so well cause of how strange they are.

I feel he would work better if it was made clear he was Darkseid's general and gave him some respect. This is a guy that has beaten Superman in the comics.

He looks so generic and boring in the movie, almost as bad as cyborg who looks like Megatron's first horrible movie design.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

MonsterEnvy posted:

He's like the fourth or fifth most notable Darkseid lackey and I imagine the whole reason for using him was to make him the Giant Bat in the Castlevania tower of Apokolips challenges for the League (when that was still the plan for the Justice League movies going forward).

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

zoux posted:

$110m-ish

It's funny that there's all this handwringing and tinkering with movies that are massively successful. The first one of these that bombs is going to take half the board of directors with it.

AV Club with the C-, yeesh.
That projection is less than what BvS made so heads are going to roll if it holds up

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NorgLyle posted:

He's like the fourth or fifth most notable Darkseid lackey and I imagine the whole reason for using him was to make him the Giant Bat in the Castlevania tower of Apokolips challenges for the League (when that was still the plan for the Justice League movies going forward).

Agreed. But they don't bring up Darkseid in the movie.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

$110m-ish

It's funny that there's all this handwringing and tinkering with movies that are massively successful. The first one of these that bombs is going to take half the board of directors with it.

AV Club with the C-, yeesh.

I was down with the review for the most part but then the reviewer talks about the Kirby-isms like "motherbox" as something that shouldn't ever be mentioned in live action and I felt sad that someone would thing this.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I’m not seeing it for a few days but I’d really like to know a very basic spoiler: how many minutes into the film does BARELY A SPOILER Superman show up?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

achillesforever6 posted:

That projection is less than what BvS made so heads are going to roll if it holds up

The heads already rolled after BvS, for the most part. When Abe Riesman from Vulture did his recent report on the future of the DCEU, he more or less said there was a palpable sense at WB that they'd already written off Justice League as the last gasp of the old DCEU regime, and that the execs he spoke to were much more interested in talking about the solo films (not just WW, but Aquaman and Shazam as well) than they were about JL.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Which is good! Not everything has to be interconnected. I'm not a huge DC reader but my sense of what I have read is that single books tend to be more isolated from each other than Marvel's stuff, where someone from another book is always showing up.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm back from JL. It was very boring. BVSDOJ at least was packed to the brim with silly, weird ideas.

Surprisingly, I liked Cyborg the most. The Flash was decent too if not for all the lame one-liners the movie gave him. Aquaman was the most perfunctory. Affleck totally slept through it.
Not nearly enough JK Simmons or Atlantis/Mera, though I suppose there's a movie coming to flesh that out.

It was sweet seeing "The Fourth World created by Jack Kirby" getting a credit all to itself, but they really didn't do justice to it. There's no point unless you're going to do a total deep dive into the weirdness of the concepts, and it was so generisized. I guess the thought was to save Darkseid for later, but gently caress it. He* should have been the villain over the nothing henchman they used, who was basically Ares again, but somehow less interesting and intimidating. If there's a sequel, they'll probably just drop the New Gods stuff anyway.

*or she? I recall bad-dude talking about a Mother of Distruction or something. That'd be neat.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 16, 2017

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

zoux posted:

Which is good! Not everything has to be interconnected. I'm not a huge DC reader but my sense of what I have read is that single books tend to be more isolated from each other than Marvel's stuff, where someone from another book is always showing up.

Not really. Each publisher has roughly the same amount of guest stars per book. To be honest the biggest change between both publishers is that guest star turns will just happen in Marvel, while DC just usually dedicates specific books to their guest stars and team ups. Which means with the latter Batman will be in literally five different situations simultaneously and independent from each other, from whatever he's doing in Batman to who he's with on Det Comics to what him, Supes, and Wonder Woman are doing on Trinity to what he's doing with his son on Super-Sons to what he's doing with the Justice League to what he's doing with Two-Face on All star Batman. Or at least that's how it was when I stopped pulling comics regularly, Batman was a regular on every single book and was in different adventures for all of them.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Not really. Each publisher has roughly the same amount of guest stars per book. To be honest the biggest change between both publishers is that guest star turns will just happen in Marvel, while DC just usually dedicates specific books to their guest stars and team ups. Which means with the latter Batman will be in literally five different situations simultaneously and independent from each other, from whatever he's doing in Batman to who he's with on Det Comics to what him, Supes, and Wonder Woman are doing on Trinity to what he's doing with his son on Super-Sons to what he's doing with the Justice League to what he's doing with Two-Face on All star Batman. Or at least that's how it was when I stopped pulling comics regularly, Batman was a regular on every single book and was in different adventures for all of them.

That doesn’t sound much different from how Marvel uses (or at least used to use) Spider-Man, and Wolverine to a lesser extent. Half a dozen titles, different stories running in each.

Marvel and DC are honestly pretty much the same.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yakmouth posted:

That doesn’t sound much different from how Marvel uses (or at least used to use) Spider-Man, and Wolverine to a lesser extent. Half a dozen titles, different stories ruining in each.

Marvel and DC honestly aren’t very different.

It's similar but different , to be honest. There's definitely a bigger sense of cohesion in how various Spider-Man stories works towards the same whole, so you're essentially seeing different facets of a persons life, but I always got the sense that from,like, the Batman situation specifically it was a bunch of different stories happening simultaneously that happened to have the same character within them.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

It's similar but different , to be honest. There's definitely a bigger sense of cohesion in how various Spider-Man stories works towards the same whole, so you're essentially seeing different facets of a persons life, but I always got the sense that from,like, the Batman situation specifically it was a bunch of different stories happening simultaneously that happened to have the same character within them.

I’ll just go ahead and believe you, then. I was never a regular Batman reader, and I stopped collecting Spider-Man about 20 years ago, so my impressions are pretty out of date.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

zoux posted:

They were Canadian.

Getcher motor runnin
way out on the highway!
Lookin for adventure....
in whatever comes--- sorry, didn't see you there. Sorry. No, go ahead. Sorry.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Batman being in a bunch of teams and solo series is more like how Wolverine used to be than Spider-Man.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

NorgLyle posted:

"Notable Darkseid lackey" just makes me think they should've used Granny Goodness, naturally, played by Ed Asner in drag.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Cael posted:

I’m not seeing it for a few days but I’d really like to know a very basic spoiler: how many minutes into the film does BARELY A SPOILER Superman show up?

Somewhere between halfway and 2/3s through.

edit: 0 minutes, actually. The film opens on him answering some kids' questions on a mobile phone video.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Nov 16, 2017

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
How bad is the cg mustache removal though

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
How is the soundtrack, specifically the use of the older Batman and Superman themes?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I just got reminded about Willem Dafoe. Was he actually in it? I didn't notice him.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How bad is the cg mustache removal though

It's totally fine.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Back to the jar of piss thing, it really seems like something the Joker would do moreso than Lex Luther.

Kind of disappointed that JL is only getting so-so reviews. I really think DC/WB should consider getting rid of Snyder at this point, none of his films have actually been good. Despite that, I'll probably try to catch it next week, or next weekend.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Before Justice League chat completely consumes the thread, I have a very important question.

In this MoS trailer, which someone posted a bit ago, does it look to anyone else like the boat at 1:30 is named "Boaty M-something"?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

Back to the jar of piss thing, it really seems like something the Joker would do moreso than Lex Luther.

Kind of disappointed that JL is only getting so-so reviews. I really think DC/WB should consider getting rid of Snyder at this point, none of his films have actually been good. Despite that, I'll probably try to catch it next week, or next weekend.

Yeah, Snyder needs to go back to making smaller arthouse indie films like Sucker Punch and Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Beachcomber posted:

Before Justice League chat completely consumes the thread, I have a very important question.

In this MoS trailer, which someone posted a bit ago, does it look to anyone else like the boat at 1:30 is named "Boaty M-something"?

The wide-shot with him sitting on the steps?
I read 'BOATY(cut off by foreground boat)' on the side of a building, which I can only guess is BOATYARD.
I scanned through MOS on Netflix to see if there was more to it and I don't think the shot was used.

Also, MOS sure looks nice after just watching Justice League.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 16, 2017

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Teenage Fansub posted:

I read 'BOATY(cut off by foreground boat)' on the side of a building, which I can only guess is BOATYARD.
I scanned through MOS on Netflix to see if there was more to it and I don't think the shot was used.

Also, MOS sure looks nice after just watching Justice League.

I can see it now.

Was hoping for a second someone had slipped in a Boaty McBoatface reference.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Man of Steel was released 3 years before the Boaty McBoatface thing, so it would have been a very surprising reference.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Steppenwolf looks like a Dark Souls 2 miniboss, the kind that becomes a commonplace enemy as you progress through the game.

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's totally fine.

Is it better or worse than Thor's missing eye? Because that was a distractingly bad part of a good movie.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

irlZaphod posted:

Man of Steel was released 3 years before the Boaty McBoatface thing, so it would have been a very surprising reference.

People keep posting about how visionary this movie is. :downs:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rough Lobster posted:

Is it better or worse than Thor's missing eye? Because that was a distractingly bad part of a good movie.

There's no big black smudge covering the lip up, if that's what you're asking.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

loving lol

https://www.change.org/p/fandango-media-shutdown-rotten-tomatoes-and-metacritic

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m surprised the Trump people kept Change.org around

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's this. It's a building, not a boat.

And the Boaty McBoatface meme was from 2016 (can you believe it?), three whole years after MOS came out.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m surprised the Trump people kept Change.org around
:confused:
Change.org is not a government organization. Are you thinking of Petitions.whitehouse.gov? While still around, it's clearly abandoned by the administration.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Nov 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

irlZaphod posted:

Back to the jar of piss thing,

New thread title please...

• Locked thread