Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

what the gently caress did i just watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

wtf

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es
nbd, I've seen this same trick with japanese girls' assholes

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Here's to feelin' good all the time.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Good

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

kimcicle posted:

I missed Korea chat. My favorite kind of chat. :( Go visit Korea! It's not that bad, I swear!

Much like China, the bad parts of Korea are things that happen when you live there. As a tourist it's fine.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009

ladron posted:

eh, just gives insight into what you're stepping into

Her dad left her Mom when she was little and her only other family is a half brother who lives in queens. I guess her mom lives with her, which is a drag, but hey, that's why she wants to stash me in a studio down the street!

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jeoh posted:

this isn't xi jinping personally tearing down jesus christ from the cross, it's a bunch of local government officials

this is like the mayor of asheville talking about nuking north korea. weird, but ultimately irrelevant

Why does Xi have to personally tear down crosses when he can set policy or the party apparatus to tear down crosses?

Donald is a/seen as a nazi because he supports them. It’s his policy and because he is president has influence.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Stolen from the cursed images thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZE-a_bX1c4

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The trick with the cigarette and the baijiu is also brilliant

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He shaves himself with the same blade in the middle of the video. The customers eyes are completely bloodshot.

I wonder how many AIDS infections he has caused.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

lambskin posted:

Stolen from the cursed images thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZE-a_bX1c4

ahh what the gently caress

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Mistle posted:

People are going to start disappearing, retaliatory violence is going to break out, or a hidden Chinese Jesus sect of Christianity will somehow happen. Maybe a combination.
If Taiping 2.0 breaks out on Xi's watch, laffo to infinity. But this is probably just some local leaders trying to be clever and impress the bigwigs, and not a direct order from said bigwigs.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Tupperwarez posted:

If Taiping 2.0 breaks out on Xi's watch, laffo to infinity. But this is probably just some local leaders trying to be clever and impress the bigwigs, and not a direct order from said bigwigs.

Absolutely not. Xi Jinping himself controls the entirety of the 89 million CCP members directly.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Jeoh posted:

this isn't xi jinping personally tearing down jesus christ from the cross, it's a bunch of local government officials

this is like the mayor of asheville talking about nuking north korea. weird, but ultimately irrelevant

But in the fact that it also matches the leader's rhetoric and stance, also representative of the political zeitgeist

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tupperwarez posted:

Wouldn't have done it if it wasn't or seen as a path to influence and you get that for following policy. If it wasn't policy it would be a crazy guy doing WTF.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
just chiming in to say that i grok the zeitgeist

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Tupperwarez posted:

Taiping numbah one

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
First of all, how can he, a foreigner, understand their language and culture at all if he is not born there and does not look exactly like them? Second of all, the

I made this same face while watching. Are those snakes? Worms? Fish? Fricking gross.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Cosco is very chinese, always stand at the side and watch big boys innovate and better stuff. Then just copy what they do, no why or how,just do it. rear end first up the tree.

Evergreen is still the Best.

K-line, nyk and mol will sadly become one. Oocl was bought by cosco and Yang ming most likely will be bought as well.

Also shadiness of port authorities really depends on the country i think. China, im not surprised, when our own offices in China try to rip off our customers customers in China, and then when the customers here complain to us and we want antaa explanation from China office, its just deafening silence

I'm not sure if Patrocclesiastes still reads this thread but if so, i'd love to hear how people are reacting to this news

http://splash247.com/investigation-finds-chinas-top-ports-ripping-off-shipping-lines-years/

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Tangentially related, i am going to japan for two weeks on at the end of this year, first week in sendai second in tokyo, any suggestions what to see and do, especially in sendai? Im going with two friends and were got a plan going but more is more.

In chinar related i spent two weeks fighting whether port of discharge on our bills of lading is the ocean vessels last port or the last port of the cargo.

Turns out english and chinese versions of our bl rules had different wording so no one knew which one was correct.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Taiping numbah one

It would be pretty funny as a good portion of the defecting army would be running around in riot gear and guns with no bullets. Whose that do would have pretty low supplies unless they are guard units.

The Sister of Jesus will bring Victory!

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Tangentially related, i am going to japan for two weeks on at the end of this year, first week in sendai second in tokyo, any suggestions what to see and do, especially in sendai? Im going with two friends and were got a plan going but more is more.

In chinar related i spent two weeks fighting whether port of discharge on our bills of lading is the ocean vessels last port or the last port of the cargo.

Turns out english and chinese versions of our bl rules had different wording so no one knew which one was correct.

Post your travel plan here and people will recommended poo poo:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758863

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
In korea chat

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/16/doctors-found-parasites-theyd-never-seen-before-inside-the-north-korean-soldier-that-bolted-at-the-dmz/
odd choice of words

quote:

Doctors Found Parasites They’d Never Seen Before Inside The North Korean Soldier Who Bolted At The DMZ
Ryan Pickrell
China/Asia Pacific Reporter
9:48 AM 11/16/2017

The North Korean soldier who suffered multiple gunshot wounds during a brazen blitz into South Korea at the Demilitarized Zone remains in critical condition, according to South Korean reports.

In a hail of gunfire, a bold North Korean soldier ran into South Korea Monday at the Joint Security Area at the DMZ. His comrades fired around 40 rounds, five of which hit the defector. He has undergone multiple surgeries to remove the bullets and address infection. The soldier remains unconscious and is on life support in the intensive care unit at a South Korean medical facility, where he is being treated by renowned trauma surgeon Dr. Lee Kook-jong.

One issue in particular was the presence of several large parasites, the longest of which was 10.5 inches, in the man’s intestines. The parasites complicated the surgery to remove the bullets from the man’s abdomen, the Chosun Ilbo reports.

“An incredible amount of parasites was found in the stomach of the soldier from the JSA, so we are having trouble treating him,” Lee told reporters. “We’ve never seen anything like it in a Korean person before, and it can bring about tremendous complications and make a prognosis difficult.” The worms were reportedly all inside the man’s small intestine as well.

“We discovered parasites that are simply not found in people in this country,” he explained, “I haven’t seen them in my 20 years as a doctor except in textbooks.”

“In South Korea, no matter how poor you are, preventive measures are offered so that no such parasites can exist,” he added. North Korean soldiers are believed to be extremely malnourished. It is unclear what North Korean soldiers are eating or the quality of the supplies provided. The discovery of parasites in the man’s gut provides insight into the current state of North Korean troops.

GRAPHIC! Removing Parasites From The Soldier

The North Korean, who South Korea’s National Intelligence Service suspects was a noncommissioned officer, probably a staff sergeant, lost 50 ounces of blood and was in shock for a long time. The South Korean military found him collapsed in a pile of leaves at the DMZ.

Infections from parasites, the gunshot wounds, the blood loss, and prolonged shock are all factors that could prove fatal for the young man, who is believed to be in his 20s.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He is 170cm weighting 60kg, the man is a feather. I hope he pulls through as someone that brave to have gotten so far would be a poo poo end as he might might end up known as the North Korean with the worms.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Sounds like it's not a new type of Juche-worm parasite, just something they haven't seen in the South in a long time so these doctors haven't personally seen them before.

^Yeah, this dude made it out despite all the gunshot wounds, it'd suck if he's done in by infection or something.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 16, 2017

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Japan #1. Train company apologises after train leave 20 seconds early.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-42009839

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

oohhboy posted:

He is 170cm weighting 60kg, the man is a feather. I hope he pulls through as someone that brave to have gotten so far would be a poo poo end as he might might end up known as the North Korean with the worms.

chosun article mentions that he isn't as tall as a south korean 3rd year high schooler

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

big time bisexual posted:

I'm not sure if Patrocclesiastes still reads this thread but if so, i'd love to hear how people are reacting to this news

http://splash247.com/investigation-finds-chinas-top-ports-ripping-off-shipping-lines-years/

Lol, i still read this thread, i just lurk. Didnt make news at our office yet, but im not surprised. Probably wont affect us much, our vessel ops are Led in Shanghai so who knows.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

LimburgLimbo posted:

Post your travel plan here and people will recommended poo poo:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758863

Awesome, thanks

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

oohhboy posted:

He is 170cm weighting 60kg, the man is a feather.

Uhhh... that's pretty much ideal BMI. Not exactly a starving gulag survivor.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i dunno what usual weight for soldiers looks like, but in imperial that's 5'6" (or about) and 130 lbs (or about).

it says he lost 50 loving ounces of blood though. this is the daily caller so this entire thing might be a complete load but if that part's true this guy is basically a shadow of mordor orc if he pulls through

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
5'7 and 132 pounds might be normal for a woman. It's pretty light for a man.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Regardless of the soldiers health, any family connections still in the north are going to be turbo hosed by his defection.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Given how desperate you have to be to defect the turbo loving might have already taken place. Add the fact he went through the DMZ of all places. I can only imagine.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

kimcicle posted:

Regardless of the soldiers health, any family connections still in the north are going to be turbo hosed by his defection.
Do you mean the families of the worms or the soldier?

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Do you mean the families of the worms or the soldier?

Why not both?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

ladron posted:

nbd, I've seen this same trick with japanese girls' assholes

Hm I'm not sure if curiosity outweights my horror.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Power Khan posted:

Hm I'm not sure if curiosity outweights my horror.

You mean you didn't have eel_meal.avi on your university network?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
No. Do I need to fill this blank spot?

• Locked thread