Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

purple death ray posted:

then why didnt you post those panels instead of that one

That would require posting a couple chapters at least worth of panels, I think. I haven't kept up on the manga in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Vonnie posted:

That would require posting a couple chapters at least worth of panels, I think. I haven't kept up on the manga in a while.

Yes, this. It's like posting the Cap Tree Beside the River page instead of the 100s of pages of Cap fighting his way out of SHIELD and leading the resistance. Sure, it's a guy standing there with a bunch of text, but you need to go out on just a little limb that maybe it's all deserved.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
There's a lot more cultural context for Cap than for shonen manga man no. gajillion though

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Get a better culture. :smuggo:

Clam down. It's a joke.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

In:re cool single panels of people punching really hard

So, the current Silver Surfer is a really light-hearted love story that's a continual homage to Silver-Age wackiness and space adventures, with Mike Allred doing his best colorful Kirby Dot action on art. It's really not a punchy comic most of the time, there's much more focus on exploration and rescue work for when they need action, and personal interaction.

Surfer and Dawn are racing back to Earth from the far corners of the universe in order to make it home in time to see Dawn's sister give birth. But a recurring enemy, Warrior Zero, shows up to challenge him to a duel to the death, the only way he can restore his honor before his people. In this issue Surfer tries to outrun him, to make peace with him repeatedly, and even fakes losing a fight that ends in his own "death" to resolve the conflict. But Warrior Zero won't retreat, no matter what. So Norrin Radd finally cuts loose.

I really like how the art abruptly shifts from the usual incredibly colorful, busy style to monochromatic void to show that poo poo just got serious

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I love the gesture that goes with "Dawn?". It's full-on "can you loving believe this guy?".

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I might have to start reading Silver Surfer.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I love it when people think that just because the Surfer is kind of a cosmic hippie, he's not also a cosmic badass. :woop:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
That dude's art is good and interesting.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

prefect posted:

I love it when people think that just because the Surfer is kind of a cosmic hippie, he's not also a cosmic badass. :woop:

That guy just heard about the time black panther noogied him.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Tell me that the guy was erased from existence by that single punch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dick Trauma posted:

That dude's art is good and interesting.

Mike Allred rules, and his style is a great choice for Silver Surfer.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Surfer had a team-up with Miraculous Ladybug?

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.
Am I reading it right and she’s calling the board Toomie? That’s a pretty great, terrible, amazing pun

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yes. She named it.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Internet Alias posted:

Am I reading it right and she’s calling the board Toomie? That’s a pretty great, terrible, amazing pun

I have to be missing something obvious that makes that a pun.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
TO ME, MY HERALD!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

ManiacClown posted:

I couldn't find a video of it just by itself so you get this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHhnP1sC4zE

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ManiacClown posted:

https://longboxgraveyard.com/2012/01/25/32-panel-gallery-to-me-my-board/

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

ManiacClown posted:

In case you're feeling dumb at least you're not alone. I was ashamed I didn't get it either.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That site is crazy.

https://longboxgraveyard.com/2012/04/04/39-panel-gallery-jack-kirbys-gadgets-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-and-hydra-too/

Kirby's gadgets for SHIELD and HYDRA.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Big fan of death tub, the tub that kills.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love the metronomes throwing off the Hydra agent's shots.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Personally, I love the 10 man DOWSING ROD OF DEATH

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I like this one, not so much for the art as for the note at the bottom:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
An "oh gently caress" moment.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

That is some lovely art man

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

That is some lovely art man

It's lovely art, but I like the timing. It's not brought up often, but Hulk is supposed to be as fast as he is strong, so Cap's shield being right behind his shoulder and him being able to turn fast enough and catch it between his hands is pretty cool. Plus the shield has weird physics that are usually just in service of explaining poo poo that works to Cap's advantage, so Hulk stopping it is also another point in his favor.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

This just pleases me.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Pastry of the Year posted:

This just pleases me.

I thought Frank idolized Cap and wouldn't shoot him.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

I thought Frank idolized Cap and wouldn't shoot him.

I read this more as "Cap found Frank shooting people, gently persuaded him to knock it off"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pastry of the Year posted:

I read this more as "Cap found Frank shooting people, gently persuaded him to knock it off"

Yeah, I'm imagining Cap knocking Frank down right at the start, when Frank's shooting somebody, but then they have a conversation and are friends. :3:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I figured the cnversation went somethig like "Your kevlar might be good for catching bullets, Frank, bit it's less effective against being punched. Like THIS!"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I imagine it goes the same way that Flash/Trickster conversation does

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

I imagine it goes the same way that Flash/Trickster conversation does

"Turn yourself in"
"Got me again, Cap"

*5 minutes later*

"How the hell do I keep falling for that?"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TwoPair posted:

"Turn yourself in"
"Got me again, Cap"

*5 minutes later*

"How the hell do I keep falling for that?"

Is it Frank who's confused as to why he keeps listening to Cap, or Cap confused as to why he keeps believing Frank will actually turn himself in?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Phy posted:

Is it Frank who's confused as to why he keeps listening to Cap, or Cap confused as to why he keeps believing Frank will actually turn himself in?

Yes.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I prefer to think of it as Cap beat the hell out of Frank, took his gun and left him in the street.

Meanwhile, Frank gets back home and puts a positive spin on it in his journal. "Met Cap today, had a lengthy discussion about Gun ownership (I'm still right). Good talk. Cap's the best"

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

CzarChasm posted:

I prefer to think of it as Cap beat the hell out of Frank, took his gun and left him in the street.

Meanwhile, Frank gets back home and puts a positive spin on it in his journal. "Met Cap today, had a lengthy discussion about Gun ownership (I'm still right). Good talk. Cap's the best"

Agreed, Frank is a sick individual and I could see him making this his head cannon in order to have some semblance of a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

That is an excellent reading, too.