Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Al Franken introduced me to politics with one of his books that dunked on Fox News

That said, gently caress him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
gently caress you, Franken

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

From that wedding photo we all thought that Mnuchin's wife was like, some kinda horrible Stepford mail-order bride situation. Bu t the more we see and hear about the couple, the more I think they're genuinely in love.

I'm not even joking, they both seem completely horrible in the same way. It's like in comic books when there's a romance Between Madame Hydra and Baron Zemo or whatever

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
bye al

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

gently caress off Al.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The post cameras everywhere, pre-Snapchat generation is never gonna get anywhere in politics. Too much evidence.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Thoguh posted:

The post cameras everywhere, pre-Snapchat generation is never gonna get anywhere in politics. Too much evidence.

yeah, no one would ever get elected if they were caught on tape admitting to sexual assault

:chaostrump:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

bye bye al

so how does replacement work? is there a special election or does the governor appoint someone?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

bye bye al

so how does replacement work? is there a special election or does the governor appoint someone?

governor appointment, election would be in nov 2018 i think

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Counterpoint -- what if some of those 18 people were women

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Concerned Citizen posted:

if I’ve read this right, you’re correct.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I can't believe C-SPAM poster Al! is confirmed to be a sexual predator.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

not sure why i laughed so hard at this

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

he's running

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/politico/status/931200734443356160

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Al Franken retire binch

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
*slowly crosses Al Franken off of my 2020 tier list*

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/PoliticalShort/status/931201662328254464

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Who do they replace him with if he resigns? Sadly another Amy Klobuchar. Not saying he shouldnt, but unless they appoint Ellison to the seat we get another centrist rear end in a top hat wrt to the economy.

Lamenting what is.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Vox Nihili posted:

*slowly crosses Al Franken off of my 2020 tier list*

That pretty pre-2016 thinking, my dude.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
If you'll let your chest unguarded
I can be your long lost pal
I can call you Leeann
And Leeann when you call me
You can call me Al

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

you scared me. i thought Al! got banned or something

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I can't wait wait until the dems solution to all this sexual-harassment is mandatory burka's for women and whatever that mormon underwear is called for guys.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Condiv posted:

you scared me. i thought Al! got banned or something

The admins still stubbornly refuse to ban known sexual predator Al! and acknowledged child molester Zergmeister.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/politico/status/931203241009930242

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

man even without the context of his having aggressively pressured her into making out with him earlier that picture wouldn't have been funny

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/StavComedy/status/931194886472298496

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

governor appointment, special election in 2018 for the rest of the term, regular election in 2020

the governor is a dem so at least the appointed seat-warmer won't be a maga choad - who knows, it might even be keith ellison

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

gtrmp posted:

governor appointment, special election in 2018 for the rest of the term, regular election in 2020

the governor is a dem so at least the appointed seat-warmer won't be a maga choad - who knows, it might even be keith ellison

although probably not true, the rumors of womanizing might be enough to deter a keith appointment to this seat given the nature of what's going on with franken

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

as answers go I don't think it beats out "well, jesus's dad hosed underage kids so it's okay if Moore does too"

I mean the Franken stuff is alarming and I'm sure we're going to see some really cringey defenses of the indefensible, but a standard "well I don't remember it but I apologize if you were offended by my harmless joke that was just fine" doesn't even make the top 10 bad answers in tyolt 2017

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
McConnell wants him referred to the Ethics Committee, which ironically will probably slow down his ouster

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

McConnell wants him referred to the Ethics Committee, which ironically will probably slow down his ouster

i think he's gonna just resign

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

hopefully, frankly

https://twitter.com/lizcgoodwin/status/931210958130810880

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/931211410205560832

https://twitter.com/DaviSusan/status/931208380760371200

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

That's worth a resignation in disgrace alone.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i think al franken should resign, but i find it kind of weird that manchin isn't similarly called upon to resign for supporting trump's racism wrt football players protesting the murder of black people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W10i3o_IpA

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

You know, maybe gen X politicians aren't as doomed as I thought, at least the men.

Boomers sexually harassed women and thought it was fine, so they didn't care about being photographed while doing it.

Xers sexually harassed women, but knew it was socially unacceptable. So they didn't take pictures of it.

Millennials also sexually harassed women and knew it was socially unacceptable, but nevertheless recorded it for posterity because they physically cannot stop themselves from documenting everything digitally.

Looks like Xers hit the sweet spot, for once. Every male politician who can't recite the lyrics to every track on Nevermind and/or All Eyez On Me will be purged.

The Little Kielbasa has issued a correction as of 18:40 on Nov 16, 2017

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Vox Nihili posted:

I can't believe C-SPAM poster Al! is confirmed to be a sexual predator.

Given the poo poo goons have been caught doing in the past, we should be thankful it's something relatively banal.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

The Little Kielbasa posted:

You know, maybe gen X politicians aren't as doomed as I thought, at least the men.

Boomers sexually harassed women and thought it was fine, so they didn't care about being photographed while doing it.

Xers sexually harassed women, but knew it was socially unacceptable. So they didn't take pictures of it.

Millennials also sexually harassed women and knew it was socially unacceptable, but nevertheless recorded it for posterity because they physically cannot stop themselves from documenting everything digitally.

Looks like Xers hit the sweet spot, for once. Every male politician who can't recite the lyrics to every track on Nevermind and/or All Eyez On Me will be purged.

gen x is like the most republican generation outside of the greatest btw lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

From CC's lips to God's ears.

• Locked thread