Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Need to bring a Jeep and marshmallows to really make DJDaddo like anyone.

Maybe steak too.

Nah, really you just need to speak Old White Guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hoo Haa, I just used a coupon stacking glitch to get $190 Reebok walking/running shoes for $46 at a Shoe Carnivalesque store.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I bought my house over ten years ago when rent was half of what it is now and my mortgage is the same. Looking back now I'm just really glad I did because having to rent or buy a house now would loving suck.....I'm not suggesting sigtrap go buy a house, it just made me feel warm and fuzzy that my mortgage is almost half of what my house would probably rent for these days.

:hellyeah:

We bought our house at the bottom of the market 5~ years or so ago and even if we did nothing at all to our house it doubled in value. Everything we've done to it on top has pushed us way ahead of what we've spent. We don't plan on moving any time soon but it's nice to know.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
PCOS got shot in the head.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811995&pagenumber=410&perpage=40#post478376934

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That took way too long to be honest

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I'm most familiar with PCOS from the post your recent purchases thread. And I have to say, to see people get taken in almost every time by his incredibly low effort trolling was good entertainment. However I'm very aware this doesn't make up for his shittiness he displayed everywhere else.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I knew there was a reason I randomly felt happy today.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Coredump posted:

I'm most familiar with PCOS from the post your recent purchases thread. And I have to say, to see people get taken in almost every time by his incredibly low effort trolling was good entertainment. However I'm very aware this doesn't make up for his shittiness he displayed everywhere else.

It's hard to tell 'Low effort trolling' from 'legitimately just a ignorant rear end in a top hat'

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

CommieGIR posted:

It's hard to tell 'Low effort trolling' from 'legitimately just a ignorant rear end in a top hat'

Yeah the dude has been consistent for actual years. To somehow go 'lol epic trolls' for that long a time doesn't really say much. Either he was honestly that bad or pretended to be that bad for that long. Either way isn't really better than the other.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Trying to figure out if its trolling or not with PCOS is already spending too much time and mental energy on him.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
Ran out of fuel with the Lada in town today at an intersection. With 210km on the trip meter WTF?
The weird thing was nobody suddenly appeared behind me honking their horn. I just got out, pushed it back for a bit and then into an angle parking space. No other cars the whole time.
When it instantly died I just laughed. Probably the least bad thing that's happened in days.

The other balljoint for the Jeep was delivered by courier today, which is good. Also almost all the non-working lights on the failure report were working except for the reverse lights. Guess I get to clean up an NSS module.

Holy poo poo it's been literal non-stop thunder for an hour. Just a constant grumble. And now hail! Wow. All I can do is close my eyes for a minute and imagine it's end of days.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Good. And loving funny hill to try and die on too.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Pouring out an OE 40.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Holy crap rent is getting ridiculous, sometimes home ownership can be a PITA but I'm drat glad I own one now because gently caress rental rates.

My last apartment was $599/mo when I moved in.. was up to $650/mo when I moved out a few years later.

It now rents for $1300. :stare:

I've been priced out of the Dallas side of the metro area unless I get pretty far out. I know one person commuting to work halfway from loving Oklahoma now, and a lot of friends have moved out to areas like Greenville TX (and still commute into DFW for work :cripes:)

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Before clicking, I just assumed that he had road raged on the wrong person.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

My last apartment was $599/mo when I moved in.. was up to $650/mo when I moved out a few years later.

It now rents for $1300. :stare:

I've been priced out of the Dallas side of the metro area unless I get pretty far out. I know one person commuting to work halfway from loving Oklahoma now, and a lot of friends have moved out to areas like Greenville TX (and still commute into DFW for work :cripes:)

Move to Texas, its so cheap they said. . . .

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
So of all PCOS Bill's, well, PCOS Bill-ness, the thing he was eventually banned for was saying he doesn't find oversized breasts attractive?

The bits of SA that aren't AI are just strange.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

InitialDave posted:

So of all PCOS Bill's, well, PCOS Bill-ness, the thing he was eventually banned for was saying he doesn't find oversized breasts attractive?

The bits of SA that aren't AI are just strange.

Admittedly the ban reason aknowledges how strange it is.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

nm posted:

Admittedly the ban reason aknowledges how strange it is.
Yeah, then the next page you have someone claiming that dressing as Peter Pan's shadow would be blackface.

I've come to just assume that venturing out of AI is a bad idea.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

nm posted:

Move to Texas, its so cheap they said. . . .

To be fair, DFW is still the cheapest major metro area in Texas when it comes to housing. El Paso is trying to become a major metro area - it's bigger than Austin (as in Austin itself, not counting suburbs) was a decade or so ago, in terms of population, I think - but the only real work there is manufacturing and the office jobs that go along with that. And call center jobs. And for some reason, mail in rebate processing centers. (also, uh, MSD Ignition) El Paso has finally started getting suburbs, even (more like swallowing up tiny little towns that used to be in the middle of nowhere).

The only things I miss about El Paso are the lower cost of living, the food, the mountains, and my dad.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Nov 16, 2017

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Good. And loving funny hill to try and die on too.

Try? Looks like he succeeded

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Any of you guys tried Philo as a streaming service?

The price is appealing. The channel lineup is what I'm looking for, except it's lacking Cartoon Network (:420: and Adult Swim go so well together, damnit), and the price is right. Annoyances are no native Android app yet, so watching stuff on a TV requires casting a phone's screen to a Chromecast or using a Roku. Also, their landing webpage promises a 7 day free trial, but when you sign up, you find out it's a 48 hour trial. :argh: And at the moment they don't fall into T-Mobile's Binge-On (where SD video from specific services doesn't count against your data), but that's probably more because they're so new outside of the college dorm market (seems like they just launched their retail side this week?).

I don't care about sports, anything I can get OTA, or news channels.

I'm on a trial now with a Google Voice number (apparently they only want a phone # to start a trial), but I'm thinking about handing over :20bux: a month. They do have a Roku app, so I can at least use them on the bedroom TV, but no way to play a stream on my living room TV (... until I get another video card). Video quality seems pretty good on the PC, same on my phone when it was on wifi.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I just started curating a massive Plex server. Paid for a lifetime pass and VPN for acquisition and everything. Refuse to pay another streaming service.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Also it's 3AM and I've been playing BotW non-stop send help

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

puberty worked me over posted:

Never do contract work unless you have absolutely no other choice.

Truth. Only thing worse than contract work is flat rate wrenching or janitorial.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I just started curating a massive Plex server. Paid for a lifetime pass and VPN for acquisition and everything. Refuse to pay another streaming service.

I have a ~7TB Plex server. Sometimes it's nice to see live stuff without having to wait for :filez:. Plus there's also the bit about randomly seeing stuff you haven't heard of before. Also, streaming from Plex to my phone if I'm not on wifi still hammers my phone data - and with as much time as I spend in the car (a decent bit of that day is spent parked, waiting for a ping), it's nice to have options that don't hammer my data allowance (.... Philo still does for now, but T-Mobile's pretty good about adding streaming services pretty quickly). I guess I could spend another :10bux: to go from 6GB to unlimited...

Honestly, the only channels on it I care about are AMC, Viceland, MTV Live, and Comedy Central (occasionally Logo if I'm feeling super gay). It'd be nice if they add Cartoon Network and MTV Classic to their lineup, but I can get a live stream of Cartoon Network via other means.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Ya'll following car 80 at the WRC this weekend?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Ya'll following car 80 at the WRC this weekend?

Does it have a 5 cylinder?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

You are playing Bank of the West (first thing that comes up when I Google BotW)? :)

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

CommieGIR posted:

Does it have a 5 cylinder?

That would be car 90

Car 80 has 4 cylinders

;)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno posted:

Hoo Haa, I just used a coupon stacking glitch to get $190 Reebok walking/running shoes for $46 at a Shoe Carnivalesque store.

God drat it. Upon wearing them for two hours I do not like them.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

God drat it. Upon wearing them for two hours I do not like them.

Post a pic of these hilariously expensive shoes so we can mock u

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

BraveUlysses posted:

Post a pic of these hilariously expensive shoes so we can mock u

Please be those questionably fashioned pump supremes!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Maksimus54 posted:

Yeah the median home price in Seattle is north of $700k so it's not like his mortgage would be cheaper.

This is why when I move home next year it'll be to the peninsula, can't wait to commute by ferry every day! :smithicide:

It'll be cool to have a garage to fix my '66 Mustang that's been mouldering in my storage unit for 3 years though.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Enjoy, I put about 100 hours in that game, no regrets.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Do you need arrows? Or rupees? I can help with either :P

But, legit, amazing loving game. Sunk 100+ into it. Going to pick it up again once life quits being so goddamn stupid.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Siochain posted:

But, legit, amazing loving game. Sunk 100+ into it. Going to pick it up again once life quits being so goddamn stupid.

Just so I'm clear, are you guys talking about a Zelda game?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Locator posted:

Just so I'm clear, are you guys talking about a Zelda game?

Breath Of The Wild, yes. It's the latest one.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Siochain posted:

Hah, I'm playing because life is stupid.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Enourmo posted:

Breath Of The Wild, yes. It's the latest one.

I'm not a console gamer, so I've never played a single moment of any Zelda game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Locator posted:

I'm not a console gamer, so I've never played a single moment of any Zelda game.

Your childhood sounds terrible.

• Locked thread