Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Guessing just before xmas, though they didn't appear in the xmas catalogue so who the gently caress knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I'm more curious about the Redemptor. Looks like heavy gatling for the main gun which is good. Depending on the secondaries it might be worth picking up for those of us who haven't quite fit the normal version into our hobby budget yet.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

goose willis posted:

How long before this hits the shelves because I wanna get some cheapo aggressors

theyre probably gonna retail for 45 bucks

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
:(

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
I'm pretty curious what a snap fit redemptor kit will even look like on sprue, sounds interesting.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Looks like our local guy went 2-3 at Warzone ATL

He was bringing a dark angels batt

Azrael
Primaris Lt

5 sniper scouts
5 sniper scouts
5 bolter scouts

8 hellblasters
Mortis dread with 4 lascannons

Vendread with lascannons and fist
5 reivers with grav chutes
4 black knights
4 assault cannon razorbacks

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lord Felch-ius

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Reading through the death guard codex again, and I noticed something weird.

Why don't the sorcerer and chaos lord get disgustingly resilient?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

AnEdgelord posted:

What, so you can use old models instead of buying new death guard?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

AnEdgelord posted:

Who the gently caress knows, all the other cross-Chaos stuff doesn't get it either.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

SteelMentor posted:

Who the gently caress knows, all the other cross-Chaos stuff doesn't get it either.

I get the non daemon engine vehicles it's just super weird that the immortality granting hyper infectious space aids has managed to not infect their chaos lords and sorcerers. For what seems like no reason. Model sales sure but if the intent is to pimp the new stuff I don't know why they'd even be in the codex.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

How mandatory are Ynnari for Eldar lists (Craftword, DE, and Harlequins)? I played both Dark Eldar and Craftworld in 7th, and own some Harlequins, but stopped playing before the Ynnari release. I'm almost done updating my wraith list for 8th as pure Craftworld, and then have about 2k worth of Dark Eldar to work on.

Am I going to be shooting myself in the foot if I run either Dark Eldar or Craftworld lists without Ynnari? Does it change anything (especially for the DE) if I include harlequins too?

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Mef989 posted:

How mandatory are Ynnari for Eldar lists (Craftword, DE, and Harlequins)? I played both Dark Eldar and Craftworld in 7th, and own some Harlequins, but stopped playing before the Ynnari release. I'm almost done updating my wraith list for 8th as pure Craftworld, and then have about 2k worth of Dark Eldar to work on.

Am I going to be shooting myself in the foot if I run either Dark Eldar or Craftworld lists without Ynnari? Does it change anything (especially for the DE) if I include harlequins too?

I think the tradeoff is surprisingly difficult, which to me says that balance is in a good place. Wraithguard especially:

Illayden:
+ Artifact doubles attacks for 1 fight phase per battle, within 6
+ A 1CP stratagem for a 12' reroll all bubble around a Spiritseer
+ A real warlord trait/free relic
+ You have to take at least one detachment anyway to get Craftworld stratagems
+ You want all your vehicles Illayden

Ynnari:
+ Soulburst is great on up-close and personal units like wraithguard
+ Wraithguard don't even lose Battle Focus because they don't have it.

My plan for my wraith-themed list is taking two detachments, a vanguard one of 10x Wraithguard with d-scythes, 5x Wraithblades in a Wave Serpent, and something else to fill out a third elite slot (more wraithguard, maybe a Solitaire), and an Ilayden Spearhead one with 3x Wraithlords and a Spiritseer with the relic. 6' is not much and 'guard with D-Scythes don't benefit from a reroll aura so this division gets me the best of both worlds.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Mef989 posted:

Craftworlds are really good since their book, it's them and Guard for top tier. DE not so much at the moment.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

One_Wing posted:

I have also signed up for the London GT. Currently unclear on exactly how bullshit a list I’m going to try and assemble.

Or to put it another way, I’m definitely buying a second fire prism, jury’s still out on the third.

Cool! It's ages away so I'm undecided what to take. Guard is my standby but I might be bored of that by May 18.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Public service announcement: new helsreach up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VVvM9gQ6Gs

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SteelMentor posted:

Well, that explains where the Blight Hauler was hiding.

I almost want to do a deathguard army because of those loving up little roomba drones. I can't wait for a Slaanesh book to never be released.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Thanqol posted:

I think the tradeoff is surprisingly difficult, which to me says that balance is in a good place. Wraithguard especially:

Illayden:
+ Artifact doubles attacks for 1 fight phase per battle, within 6
+ A 1CP stratagem for a 12' reroll all bubble around a Spiritseer
+ A real warlord trait/free relic
+ You have to take at least one detachment anyway to get Craftworld stratagems
+ You want all your vehicles Illayden

Ynnari:
+ Soulburst is great on up-close and personal units like wraithguard
+ Wraithguard don't even lose Battle Focus because they don't have it.

My plan for my wraith-themed list is taking two detachments, a vanguard one of 10x Wraithguard with d-scythes, 5x Wraithblades in a Wave Serpent, and something else to fill out a third elite slot (more wraithguard, maybe a Solitaire), and an Ilayden Spearhead one with 3x Wraithlords and a Spiritseer with the relic. 6' is not much and 'guard with D-Scythes don't benefit from a reroll aura so this division gets me the best of both worlds.

So could I do:

Ynnari Vanguard:
Yrvaine (Warlord)
2x 5 Wraithguard w/ D-scythes
1x 5 Wraithblades w/ Swords

Iyanden Battalion
Spiritseer
Farseer
3x 5 Ranger
3x Wave Serpents
3x Wraithlords

And literally get all the good Iyanden rules, eldar strategems and Strentgh from Death on my wraithguard/blades, with the downsides being my warlord can't take an Iyanden trait and I don't get a remnant?

Mef989 fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 16, 2017

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

AnEdgelord posted:

For the same reason they don't get T5.

because gently caress you is why

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
DE is a weird one because they can flood the board with dark lances and have a bunch of fantastic individual units that have zero synergy with eachother.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Mef989 posted:

So could I do:

Ynnari Vanguard:
Yrvaine (Warlord)
2x 5 Wraithguard w/ D-scythes
1x 5 Wraithblades w/ Swords

Iyanden Battalion
Spiritseer
Farseer
3x 5 Ranger
3x Wave Serpents
3x Wraithlords

And literally get all the good Iyanden rules, eldar strategems and Strentgh from Death on my wraithguard/blades, with the downsides being my warlord can't take an Iyanden trait and I don't get a remnant?

Exactly yes. You won't get the psytronome for free - you get a free Relic of your Warlord's faction - but you can spend 1CP to get it.

Note that the Spiritseer's reroll-1 bubble affects all Spirit Host units but the 1Cp Iyanden stratagem that gives 12' and reroll all hit rolls is Iyanden Spirit Host only. I think that's pretty fine actually - the Psytronome's double attacks bubble is 6' and triggers at the start of the fight phase, which means that it's pretty doable to get your 3 Wraithlords buffed by it and increasingly impractical to get multiple units of Wraithguard affected.

Your proposed list is pretty similar to my plan, with one exception:
I'm planning to take a 10x unit of Wraithguard with D-Scythes and Webway Strike them in (that works on Asurani units, not <Craftworld> units so you can do it to Ynnari WG). They'll come down 9' away, which is out of range for the D-Scythes, but then I immediately use my Spiritseer to cast Quicken on them. That lets them move up another 5 and suddenly everything is in range. Use a CP to guarantee Quicken goes off, in extremis use Word of the Phoenix to get that critical move.

10x D-Scythes are pretty much guaranteed to kill any unit in the game, which gives you shockingly good odds of getting a Soulburst off. Two turn-1 D-Scythe volleys followed by an entirely non-shabby Wraithguard charge can gut the core of an enemy army if they didn't very carefully deploy against it.

You can then spare the 250+ points on those two extra Wave Serpents on a squad of Bright Lance War Walkers or the Yncarne or whatever.

Thanqol fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Nov 16, 2017

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

chutche2 posted:

Looks like our local guy went 2-3 at Warzone ATL

He was bringing a dark angels batt

Azrael
Primaris Lt

5 sniper scouts
5 sniper scouts
5 bolter scouts

8 hellblasters

Vendread with lascannons and fist
5 reivers with grav chutes
4 black knights
4 assault cannon razorbacks

I'm sorry but he's still our local guy, emphasis on the "Glacial" :colbert:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Is Warzone Atlanta the only tournament in the region? Having just moved here I suppose I can wait a year to enter but I figured I’d ask in case there’s others I don’t know about.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Thanqol posted:

Exactly yes. You won't get the psytronome for free - you get a free Relic of your Warlord's faction - but you can spend 1CP to get it.

Note that the Spiritseer's reroll-1 bubble affects all Spirit Host units but the 1Cp Iyanden stratagem that gives 12' and reroll all hit rolls is Iyanden Spirit Host only. I think that's pretty fine actually - the Psytronome's double attacks bubble is 6' and triggers at the start of the fight phase, which means that it's pretty doable to get your 3 Wraithlords buffed by it and increasingly impractical to get multiple units of Wraithguard affected.

I'm planning to take a 10x unit of Wraithguard with D-Scythes and Webway Strike them in (that works on Asurani units, not <Craftworld> units so you can do it to Ynnari WG). They'll come down 9' away, which is out of range for the D-Scythes, but then I immediately use my Spiritseer to cast Quicken on them. That lets them move up another 5 and suddenly everything is in range. Use a CP to guarantee Quicken goes off, in extremis use Word of the Phoenix to get that critical move.

10x D-Scythes are pretty much guaranteed to kill any unit in the game, which gives you shockingly good odds of getting a Soulburst off. Two turn-1 D-Scythe volleys followed by an entirely non-shabby Wraithguard charge can gut the core of an enemy army if they didn't very carefully deploy against it.

You can then spare the 250+ points on those two extra Wave Serpents on a squad of Bright Lance War Walkers or the Yncarne or whatever.

I mean, I hate this but Craftworld units in Ynnari detachments don't lose their <Craftworld> keyword. So stratagems and abilities that target <Craftworld> units still affect units in Ynnari detachments.

I'm personally not a fan of the fact that it's kind of a no-brainer to use wraithguard/blades in Ynnari detachments since they have no battle focus and don't benefit from being Iyanden at all. But I just steadfastly play pure Craftworld anyway, so whatever.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

PierreTheMime posted:

Is Warzone Atlanta the only tournament in the region? Having just moved here I suppose I can wait a year to enter but I figured I’d ask in case there’s others I don’t know about.

I know nothing about Atlanta but I live in Pennsylvania and there are easily a half dozen tournaments a year between Pittsburgh and Philly so I'd be shocked if a big city like Atlanta and its environs only had one.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

bonds0097 posted:

I know nothing about Atlanta but I live in Pennsylvania and there are easily a half dozen tournaments a year between Pittsburgh and Philly so I'd be shocked if a big city like Atlanta and its environs only had one.

The south is extremely scarce with larger GTs. There's Crucible in Orlando, which Pierre already knows about, Warzone Atlanta, the ATC, and that's about it. Wargames Con in Texas kind of counts, but it'll be like a ten hour drive from ATL.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

bonds0097 posted:

I mean, I hate this but Craftworld units in Ynnari detachments don't lose their <Craftworld> keyword. So stratagems and abilities that target <Craftworld> units still affect units in Ynnari detachments.

I'm personally not a fan of the fact that it's kind of a no-brainer to use wraithguard/blades in Ynnari detachments since they have no battle focus and don't benefit from being Iyanden at all. But I just steadfastly play pure Craftworld anyway, so whatever.

I think it's better for Craftworlders to try to fill a larger pure detachment for the CP than to mess around with Ynnari detachments anyway. That poo poo's for our stranger brethren, those wayward fools.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Do Craftworld Eldar have anything analogous to splinter fleets, war bands, successor chapters, etc fluff-wise? Like if you wanted to use the Alatoic attribute but don't really like their colors, could you say they're a splinter Craftworld that became separated from their mother Craftworld (if that scenario is even a thing)?

Also it's nice to see that pure Craftworld is totally good and viable now.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Do Craftworld Eldar have anything analogous to splinter fleets, war bands, successor chapters, etc fluff-wise? Like if you wanted to use the Alatoic attribute but don't really like their colors, could you say they're a splinter Craftworld that became separated from their mother Craftworld (if that scenario is even a thing)?

Yeah, go for it. Just say "hey all these pink guys are really Alaitoc, namaste."

I wouldn't mix craftworlds with the same color, but if you really just want an Alaitoc army and don't like the scheme, no issue.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Not exactly but there's plenty of other craftworlds in the fluff and you can certainly make your own and assign them whatever trait you want. Yme-Loc is know for their tanks and poo poo so Iyanden totally makes sense, Altansar was trapped in the warp for a really long time and who knows maybe they got really good at dodging bullets.

Rules-wise, you can totally make up your own scheme and give them any trait you want. Fluff-wise, you can come up with all sorts of reasons why an existing craftworld without rules might use one trait or another.

I guess Biel Tan did sort of splinter. But I don't think there is much in the way of successors like chapters have.

For Alaitoc specifically, you could totally claim they have re-colored their armor to match some particular battlefield or planet and do whatever you want, they seem tacticool like space marine raptors that way.

bonds0097 fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Nov 16, 2017

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Mr. Funktastic posted:

I think just like Space Marines the common response is to make up your own craftworld. There's supposed to be a ton of smaller ones around, while the ones with names and rules are just the largest

To answer you specifically though I think they do. I'm not entirely up on their more recent fluff, but I think Eldrad is leading an ulthwe splinter fleet currently. Warbands are corsairs which forge world makes rules for, but there's nothing saying you can't use craftworld rules instead. Prince Yriel leads an Iyanden Corsair warband for example with their own awesome color scheme.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Thanks for the responses, I forgot about the minor Craftworlds and at least splinter Craftworlds are a thing too so at least whatever I decide to do makes sense. I probably won't start a second army until at least CA comes out and changes things up, in the meantime I can mull over deciding between CSMs or Craftworld.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Mef989 posted:

I think just like Space Marines the common response is to make up your own craftworld. There's supposed to be a ton of smaller ones around, while the ones with names and rules are just the largest

To answer you specifically though I think they do. I'm not entirely up on their more recent fluff, but I think Eldrad is leading an ulthwe splinter fleet currently. Warbands are corsairs which forge world makes rules for, but there's nothing saying you can't use craftworld rules instead. Prince Yriel leads an Iyanden Corsair warband for example with their own awesome color scheme.

Corsair eldar best eldar. Shame the rules have been out of date for years. I use saim Hann rules as the best fit for my army, but you could make a case for using any craftworld rules you want.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Genghis Cohen posted:

Corsair eldar best eldar. Shame the rules have been out of date for years. I use saim Hann rules as the best fit for my army, but you could make a case for using any craftworld rules you want.

I've thought about redoing corsairs at some point. I used to play them in 6th when Doom of Mymira first came out, before the 7th Ed update made them stupid good. My problem always has been how forge world is slow as poo poo to update their rules and how many errors you'd always find despite how much their books cost. I could totally see doing a new warband using Saim Hann rules instead though (I'd love to kit bash some windriders with reavers). A biker army is the one thing I've wanted to build since I first started playing in 3rd but never really did except for a real brief period of playing Kult of Speed with the Armageddon book. I might have to steel this idea eventually once I'm finished with Craftwords, Dark Eldar and Harlequins.

Mef989 fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 16, 2017

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
So why is GW devoting time to churning out new things like new terrain or easy build versions of things when there are things that have been out of stock for literal months? I can kinda get easy builds to get people into the game, but is it not better to make more of the stuff that is flying off the shelves?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Terrain is probably made on lesser machines, and it's probably stuff they have been sitting on in their warehouse preparing for the holidays. I'd guess this whole Shadespire/Necromunda month is largely them working on catch up with their newfound backlog.

DeceasedHorse
Nov 11, 2005

Thanqol posted:

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [67 PL, 1186pts] ++

+ HQ +

Farseer [6 PL, 100pts]: 1. Guide, 2. Doom, Shuriken Pistol, Witchblade

Spiritseer [3 PL, 45pts]: 4. Protect/Jinx, Shuriken Pistol

+ Troops +

Rangers [3 PL, 60pts]: 5x Ranger

+ Flyer +

Crimson Hunter Exarch [9 PL, 175pts]: Two Bright Lances

+ Dedicated Transport +

Wave Serpent [9 PL, 129pts]: Twin Shuriken Cannon, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Wave Serpent [9 PL, 134pts]: Shuriken Cannon, Twin Shuriken Cannon

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Ynnari) [46 PL, 812pts] ++

+ HQ +

Yvraine [7 PL, 132pts]: Ancestors' Grace, Word of the Phoenix

+ Elites +

Shadow Spectres [19 PL, 230pts]
. 10x Shadow Spectre: 10x Prism Rifle

Wraithguard [10 PL, 225pts]: D-scythe, 5x Wraithguard

+ Heavy Support +

Dark Reapers [13 PL, 248pts]
. 8x Dark Reaper: 8x Reaper Launcher
. Dark Reaper Exarch: Tempest Launcher

++ Total: [113 PL, 1998pts] ++

Here's on of the many variants on my basic Ynnari list: 2 wraithguard, 2 flyers to silence artillery, Shadow Specters, and Dark Reapers. Dark Reapers either hide in the webway or sit next to the Farseer for anti-deepstrike duty, then fire twice w/ Word of the Phoenix. I should probably go 10 reapers/9 specters though.

The ten-wraith bomb is pretty nuts but I worry about Hive Fleet Kronus shutting it down, though maybe you could get your caster far enough away to get it off?

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

DeceasedHorse posted:

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [67 PL, 1186pts] ++

+ HQ +

Farseer [6 PL, 100pts]: 1. Guide, 2. Doom, Shuriken Pistol, Witchblade

Spiritseer [3 PL, 45pts]: 4. Protect/Jinx, Shuriken Pistol

+ Troops +

+ Flyer +

+ Dedicated Transport +

Wave Serpent [9 PL, 129pts]: Twin Shuriken Cannon, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Wave Serpent [9 PL, 134pts]: Shuriken Cannon, Twin Shuriken Cannon

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Ynnari) [46 PL, 812pts] ++

+ HQ +

Yvraine [7 PL, 132pts]: Ancestors' Grace, Word of the Phoenix

+ Elites +

Shadow Spectres [19 PL, 230pts]
. 10x Shadow Spectre: 10x Prism Rifle

+ Heavy Support +

Dark Reapers [13 PL, 248pts]
. 8x Dark Reaper: 8x Reaper Launcher
. Dark Reaper Exarch: Tempest Launcher

++ Total: [113 PL, 1998pts] ++

Here's on of the many variants on my basic Ynnari list: 2 wraithguard, 2 flyers to silence artillery, Shadow Specters, and Dark Reapers. Dark Reapers either hide in the webway or sit next to the Farseer for anti-deepstrike duty, then fire twice w/ Word of the Phoenix. I should probably go 10 reapers/9 specters though.

The ten-wraith bomb is pretty nuts but I worry about Hive Fleet Kronus shutting it down, though maybe you could get your caster far enough away to get it off?

I really like this list. I'm lukewarm on the spectres though because of my issues taking forgeworld at the moment. Is FW coming out with any new books soon for xenos/eldar or are their indexes it for now?

Also, how does the hemlock stand up to the exarch crimson hunter?

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
They just updated the xenos 1 index FAQ, soulburst is your turn only and limited like psykers in one usage per turn for each ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

R0ckfish posted:

So why is GW devoting time to churning out new things like new terrain or easy build versions of things when there are things that have been out of stock for literal months? I can kinda get easy builds to get people into the game, but is it not better to make more of the stuff that is flying off the shelves?

They sell products for money and someone ran an NPV calc that said devoting the production time to the new things will make more money than restocking the old stuff