Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Slammy posted:

Outbursts of Everett True (May, 1917)

I never thought I'd miss the days when Everett just beat people up for not taking their hats off inside, or for talking too loud on the bus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Pop Team Epic

Squirrel Nuts

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Are you loving kidding me.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

In today's Pibgorn history, Brooke found that Photoshop has more features than just the Burn tool.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

It's like saying Bloody Mary into a mirror, isn't it...

You're dead! Why are you still in this comic if you're dead?! Stay dead!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
drat even the Lockhorns are victims of coloristnotgivingashititis

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

FrumpleOrz posted:

Safe Havens

In the storm of fever-dream nonsense that is every Holbrook strip, it's always nice to have a particularly insane forgotten thing come back to the fore to baffle me anew--in this case, "why on earth does Holbrook think 'is always on a trapeze' is a character trait (1) at all (2) that makes any sense whatsoever?"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ukonvasara posted:

In the storm of fever-dream nonsense that is every Holbrook strip, it's always nice to have a particularly insane forgotten thing come back to the fore to baffle me anew--in this case, "why on earth does Holbrook think 'is always on a trapeze' is a character trait (1) at all (2) that makes any sense whatsoever?"

Part of me really does want to interview Holbrook just to ask questions like that. "So why do you think that having a character always on a trapeze isn't completely loving stupid?"

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

ukonvasara posted:

So the weird backstory here is that this comic has been going for a couple decades and the characters age in real time, so when it started, they were in preschool and 'kid who was constantly on the swing set' was a semi-reasonable character trait.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Bobulus posted:

So the weird backstory here is that this comic has been going for a couple decades and the characters age in real time, so when it started, they were in preschool and 'kid who was constantly on the swing set' was a semi-reasonable character trait.
...and instead of going "ok, he's getting a bit old for this, what new gimmick can I transistion him to", he just went for the dumbest possible way to keep that trait as an adult.

Holbrook. :cripes:

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

FrumpleOrz posted:

The Lockhorns

I like to think that the male Lockhorn is just getting hosed up in Yu-Gi-Oh or something.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Ballard Street

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn

In today's Pibgorn history, Brooke found that Photoshop has more features than just the Burn tool.

<insert "infected" joke here>

..and we didn't even have to photoshop it in!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth
That's a great callback.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set thinks long-term.

Working Daze just doesn't want to talk to anyone.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix got past my ad blocker.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Mastermind posted:

Part of me really does want to interview Holbrook just to ask questions like that. "So why do you think that having a character always on a trapeze isn't completely loving stupid?"

It could be done if you go to a furry con. He keeps going to em, because old furries love Kevin & Kell I guess.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

FrumpleOrz posted:

The Lockhorns

Aw poo poo, he's got their gold.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

random Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (April 11, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (April 11, 1996)

Garfield Classic (April 11, 1986)

obligatory:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Arlo and Janis

Classic Nancy

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

That last panel is wonderful.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tiggum posted:

That's a great callback.
Ces did a look back at Ted's stories.

~Coxy posted:

Arlo and Janis
That really is a solid Kelly Korner line.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

"I intend to sleep with you as much as possible for a few more weeks, then go back to Santa Royale and yet again ruin the life of the woman I was seeing there before."

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Apartment 3-G

:lol: at that last panel.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
They'll Do It Every Time is good.

the bus

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

God I almost like it better when it shits on families that fail to display the approved measure of suburban wholesomeness.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Can't wait to see Walker in his wingsuit beating up Jesus for hijacking his magic mountain.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

:rant: I think Greg has a fundamental misunderstanding of the various purposes panties actually serve. Like, Tara not EVER wearing underwear is likely shorthand to tell us she's SEXXAY and UNINHIBITED and MAYBE A SLUT!!! and NOT A GOOD ROLE MODEL FOR OUR SWEET LUANN!! But women don't just wear underwear for modesty, it has a lot of functional benefits as well. The idea of wearing jeans without underwear just sounds incredibly unpleasant to me for multiple reasons that have nothing to do with morality.

And Luann being all wistful that her lacy panties are a waste because nobody ever sees her in them... Luann sees her in them! That's enough! Women are allowed to feel sexy even if there is no man around! I have underwear with a pizza print on them* and I like them even though, as a single woman, I'm the only one who sees them. Because I, like most women, buy my underwear for myself. /:rant:

*Ok, admittedly not sexy

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

If you interpret Tara as joking around, and Luann being too dense to get it, it makes sense

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Flashback Gordon

2004 Spiderman

The Amazing Dr Connors

Nancy

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Julet Esqu posted:

:rant: I think Greg has a fundamental misunderstanding of the various purposes panties actually serve. Like, Tara not EVER wearing underwear is likely shorthand to tell us she's SEXXAY and UNINHIBITED and MAYBE A SLUT!!! and NOT A GOOD ROLE MODEL FOR OUR SWEET LUANN!! But women don't just wear underwear for modesty, it has a lot of functional benefits as well. The idea of wearing jeans without underwear just sounds incredibly unpleasant to me for multiple reasons that have nothing to do with morality.

And Luann being all wistful that her lacy panties are a waste because nobody ever sees her in them... Luann sees her in them! That's enough! Women are allowed to feel sexy even if there is no man around! I have underwear with a pizza print on them* and I like them even though, as a single woman, I'm the only one who sees them. Because I, like most women, buy my underwear for myself. /:rant:

*Ok, admittedly not sexy

Are those pizza undies made out of, like, pizza fabric or do they just have a picture of a slice of pizza on it or something. Because pizza fabric undies sound amazing!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Are they seriously just signing their names on Bushmiller strips?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm pretty sure they're just making up a bullshit "backstory".

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Beetle Bailey, November 4 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Nekonaughey

Wikipedia posted:

Yo-yo balloons, also known as Yo-yo Tsuris, are a common type of water balloon found at matsuri festivals in Japan. Typically small, round, and colourful, the balloons are filled to a diameter of about 75 mm (3 in) with air and roughly 45 mL (1.6 imp fl oz; 1.5 US fl oz) of water.[5] The balloon is clipped or tied closed and hung from an elastic string with a finger loop tied at the end. This gives them enough weight and bounce to function as a yo-yo, earning them their name.[6][7] The balloons are often won in a game (Yo-yo Tsuri or just yo-yo[8]) where they are set floating in a tub of water. Players "fish" for the balloons with a hook at the end of a twisted paper string.[9] As the wet paper line breaks easily, the game is often likened to goldfish scooping in terms of difficulty.

• Locked thread