Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I don’t really care for mods even when playing on PC unless it’s something that really fits in or fixes some bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

s.i.r.e. posted:

For mods on the consoles, are they moderated? Aren't a bunch of mods giant tits and dicks on PC?

He refuses to go back to a Skyrim where all the ladies don't have big luscious wieners. I appreciate his resolve.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I for one am looking forward to paying $60 for a game that I played for maybe a week six years ago.

And also my girlfriend has never played a Bethesda game. And also I'm traveling next week. And also I need something to make me put Has Been Heroes back down.

That or Isaac may end up being my Switch MVP in terms of time played. At least until Darkest/Gungeon come out. And maybe Necrodancer.

I don't think I've ever had a system that had too many games I want to play on it. Hollow Knight whee?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah I can't wait for Gungeon. I think the big free Advanced Gungeons & Draguns update is coming by the end of the year and hopefully the Switch port will release them too

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It is cool, but derivative of several games. However the games it is derivative of are not ones I've played so whatever.

The Switch port has some very bad lag and framerate issues especially going between outdoor areas when it is loading unloading assets. People will hyperbolically say it's unplayable but it's mostly fine. It's not an action game that requires a lot of precision.

"Mostly fine" is accurate but when it's not it's pretty ugh. There was one section where I was running in a straight line on a narrow bridge and the game decided to start doing a cinematic pan deal where the camera started zooming out and turning to show off how great the tower I was running up to looked...but the game started chopping in the middle of it so "holding the joystick in the direction of the bridge" suddenly jumped to "holding the joystick in the direction of running off the bridge". I ended up having to do this shuffle-step where I'd take 3 steps and wait for the camera movement to stop so I could keep walking in the right direction. Pretty much any area where the game wants to show off anything cinematic suffers from the same kind of choppy frame-dropping jank, which is...unfortunate.

Also this was docked, undocked isn't much better and has some real funky resolution jank that was actually giving me a headache the other night.

Other than that it's pretty cool little atmospheric puzzle/exploration game. I don't know if the devs will be able to come up with any sort of magical "make it not poo poo on the switch" patch, but even if they can't I'd pick it up on another system.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah that bridge you speak of is the worst part in the game, nothing else is near as bad. I didn't realize you could fall off it though, I assumed I wouldn't, I guess I just got lucky and went in a straight enough line.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I will never buy Skyrim for Switch, but I'm super glad it's a great port for people who haven't played it yet. If I have a single beef with Vanilla Skyrim + DLC, it's that they nerfed down the magic system from older games. It's like a menu of specific a la carte spells, you can't make your own incredibly broken build-a-spells any more.

You can still make your own incredibly broken Enchanted Weapons, though, and I strongly encourage this extremely good way to progress. My first character back on xbox 360 was almost 100% pure thief skills, except also I went ham on smithing and enchantment. I got to where I could one-shot anything from a sneak attack.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

deadly_pudding posted:

You can still make your own incredibly broken Enchanted Weapons, though, and I strongly encourage this extremely good way to progress. My first character back on xbox 360 was almost 100% pure thief skills, except also I went ham on smithing and enchantment. I got to where I could one-shot anything from a sneak attack.

Stories like this sound incredibly fun.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’ll pick up Skyrim since I always wanted to play a long rear end western RPG but never did because I didn’t want to spend a million hours chained in front of my PC. Being able to choose to play it on the go makes it less overwhelming.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’ll pick up Skyrim since I always wanted to play a long rear end western RPG but never did because I didn’t want to spend a million hours chained in front of my PC. Being able to choose to play it on the go makes it less overwhelming.

Yeah this.

I have a 60+ hour save on my PC but I'm getting it because I want to play the game on the go.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I said come in! posted:

holy poo poo this is the best one yet.

https://twitter.com/OmeteotI/status/927713372866572288

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

:five:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Rime is cool but it wasnt very well optimized on PC so I assume the switch version isnt ideal. It's also fairly short even for a $30 game but what's there is very nice. Would recommend if you liked other 3d puzzle games like The Witness or Brothers, it pulls from the same bag of tricks. If you don't like those games then this isn't going to be the one to convince you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Port The Witness to Switch

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Everyone buy Skyrim to increase the odds of GOAT Fallout: New Vegas getting a Switch port.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

goferchan posted:

Yeah I can't wait for Gungeon. I think the big free Advanced Gungeons & Draguns update is coming by the end of the year and hopefully the Switch port will release them too

They're planning to release the switch port simultaneously with the big update, I believe

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Infinitum posted:

Port The Witness to Switch

It's already on the Nvidia Shield, which also has the Tegra X1, so it does seem like a no brainer.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Everyone buy Skyrim to increase the odds of GOAT Fallout: New Vegas getting a Switch port.

Fallout New Vegas is in Bethesda's garbage can, they will never rerelease it because people like it more than their own Fallout games

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

All it'll do is convince them to port Fallout 4 instead, sorry

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Everyone buy Skyrim

okay

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Everyone buy Skyrim

Misread command, put big rear end badonks in PC Skyrim instead.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Fallout New Vegas is in Bethesda's garbage can, they will never rerelease it because people like it more than their own Fallout games

No!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

All it'll do is convince them to port Fallout 4 instead, sorry

Noooooooooooooooo!

(I'd play it, but I would be wishing for New Vegas the whole time)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

I will never buy Skyrim for Switch, but I'm super glad it's a great port for people who haven't played it yet. If I have a single beef with Vanilla Skyrim + DLC, it's that they nerfed down the magic system from older games. It's like a menu of specific a la carte spells, you can't make your own incredibly broken build-a-spells any more.

extremely same, but also i went hog wild on pickpocket and broke the game even further

at the start of the dark brotherhood quest i pickpocketed the blade of woe (the most powerful dagger in the game) off astrid, and then at the end of the questline she still gave me the blade of woe. so i had two blades of woe.

double the blades, double the damage, double the fun! :haw:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

worms WMD looks a lot better than the one I got for free on PS4 which looks like dogshit

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I would totally buy any Fallout, never having played any of them.

I would absolutely buy the Witness, seeing as I never bought the Steam version. Switch could become even better than it is already.

I_Like_Me
Dec 26, 2004
I was at best buy on tuesday and they were stacking Switches, I should have taken a picture. There were two different areas with them and each one had to have 50-100 each. Looks like there will be plenty in stock for the holidays.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I_Like_Me posted:

I was at best buy on tuesday and they were stacking Switches, I should have taken a picture. There were two different areas with them and each one had to have 50-100 each. Looks like there will be plenty in stock for the holidays.

They'll all be gone by the end of the day of Black Friday.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so whats new in this thread anything good

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Super No Vacancy posted:

so whats new in this thread anything good

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/931259242027278336

That’s all I got.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I hope that's really the title they're going with because I still love it

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

So it'll be a $60 game? Seem's like a lot.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's a full length RPG.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Louisgod posted:

The music in XBX is hot garbage compared to this.

Huh, sure.

I mean it's Hiroyuki Sawano, the most sought after composer in anime right now, the same who did Attack on Titan. I don't like all the tracks with vocals in them and also agree that overall xc1 ost was a bit more consistent but it's still one of the best soundtracks ever released for a jrpg lol.

All the tracks I've heard from XC2 sound amazing. One or two are straight out recycled from XC1 but it's cool because they were among the good ones.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

DLC Inc posted:

I hope that's really the title they're going with because I still love it

Get rid of the "Project" and I agree

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's a full length RPG.

Look I'm spoiled on Steam game prices okay? If it's not made by Nintendo I have a hard time spending real money.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Can't help but notice that the goon friend code spreadsheet doesn't have a column for GOTY 2017

Uno

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I'm a dumb-dumb who doesn't understand Amazon. Does that mean it's gonna have a physical release?

I'm down to pay $30 twice for two copies of Octopath that I can't play simultaneously. It's an RPG. And a visually-enticing one, at that.

Why yes, I did grow up in the '90s. Why do you ask?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I would totally buy any Fallout, never having played any of them.

I would absolutely buy the Witness, seeing as I never bought the Steam version. Switch could become even better than it is already.

The Witness kinda sucks.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Hammer Bro. posted:

I'm a dumb-dumb who doesn't understand Amazon. Does that mean it's gonna have a physical release?

I'm down to pay $30 twice for two copies of Octopath that I can't play simultaneously. It's an RPG. And a visually-enticing one, at that.

Why yes, I did grow up in the '90s. Why do you ask?

Yeah, physical release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Kawabata posted:

Huh, sure.

I mean it's Hiroyuki Sawano, the most sought after composer in anime right now, the same who did Attack on Titan. I don't like all the tracks with vocals in them and also agree that overall xc1 ost was a bit more consistent but it's still one of the best soundtracks ever released for a jrpg lol.

All the tracks I've heard from XC2 sound amazing. One or two are straight out recycled from XC1 but it's cool because they were among the good ones.

I can count the number of tracks I liked in XCX on one hand. The worst ones were, unfortunately, the ones you hear the most often: New LA music (yeah, uh, uh) and the flying music for the Skells. The flying Skell music might not have been that bad if the track didn't have like a 30-second long instrumental intro that started over every time you took off in your Skell.

A lot of what was wrong with XCX, soundwise, probably wasn't the composer's fault. The sound direction in general was attrocious. There were vocal tracks during cut-scenes that drowned out the dialog. I'm sure Sawano's pedigree is very impressive, but the dude does not know how to write video game music.

• Locked thread