Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I’m hearing talks that the villain of Trolls 3 is Nuthead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, the villain of every movie is Nuthead.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the three classical story types are Man vs God, Man vs Man, and Man vs Nuthead. All stories are just permutations of those types, really.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Nuthead is both a man and a god, so it's really just one type.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DM Dad Clint hinted that the next TAZ ep. will be combat heavy. I'm thrilled.

Already I like the characters and the world. They should just stick with this.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Inzombiac posted:

DM Dad Clint hinted that the next TAZ ep. will be combat heavy. I'm thrilled.

Already I like the characters and the world. They should just stick with this.
I like it too, but let's give everyone else a round too first. We have a lot of different settings and systems to test.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I think I mentioned it before but I hope Justin goes full Juicy Crust with his detective game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JT Jag posted:

I like it too, but let's give everyone else a round too first. We have a lot of different settings and systems to test.

I think spending half a year testing out games before settling on one is a Bad Idea.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

I agree, I think Pops McElroy should just have the run for now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/thezonecast/status/931208629423878144

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I hope Clint can keep making maps

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
If they had the time they could try other systems off air and then when they've chosen one start it in media res, but then again audience reaction is a big factor in which game they chose so that might not work.

It also takes a lot of prep time to run a game and it seems Clint has the most free time, so maybe this is just the path of least resistance

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
What's the off-SA noise regarding this one? I know people in here seem to like it, and I personally hope they continue with this one, but is the broader community also on board with this one?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SpacePig posted:

What's the off-SA noise regarding this one? I know people in here seem to like it, and I personally hope they continue with this one, but is the broader community also on board with this one?

For what it's worth, I've been seeing real positive reactions to the characters on Tumblr.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea people are still INCREDIBLY horny for THB but this seems to be getting a positive reaction, people dig the characters and agree Clint is a fun GM

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I'm looooving this arc

I AM PUTTING IT IN BACKWARDS :D

IT'S A JOKE :D

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I did like the gag with someone suggesting rushing in, and Travis being like "Oh I definitely wouldn't do that"

Good episode, I like this arc and hope the other ones they try are also good.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

SpacePig posted:

some people think the kadala is incredibly racist

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I feel so bad for these poor people who can't seem to go one day without being offended about something. Their life must suck.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Farg posted:

Because of her green skin and Mexican food name?

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Farg posted:

Literally everyone including Justin saw that coming.

Clint naming his first son after Emperor Justin I is an insult to the Latin community.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ojjeorago posted:

Because of her green skin and Mexican food name?

Yes, just you wait until they introduce her double racist brother!

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I feel so bad for these poor people who can't seem to go one day without being offended about something. Their life must suck.

well yeah not ever getting offended by anything is literally what privilege is

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

inferis posted:

well yeah not ever getting offended by anything is literally what privilege is

drat...

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
So I just finished Balance. I think I need to lie down for a moment.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Berzerker posted:

I did like the gag with someone suggesting rushing in, and Travis being like "Oh I definitely wouldn't do that"

Good episode, I like this arc and hope the other ones they try are also good.

"Rushing in isn't really... my thing.
You know what? I'm good out here :smug:"

Travis is already much funnier than he was in Balance.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

C-Euro posted:

So I just finished Balance. I think I need to lie down for a moment.

(passes you the Kleenex box)

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think the Commitment characters were a little op compared to this Scooby Doo trap

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So uh... if Space Cadet's powers didn't activate until at least two protagonists got close, couldn't she have been apprehended much easier by a non-powered group from the Fellowship? Presumably her parents' robots would not normally be able to attack.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bobulus posted:

So uh... if Space Cadet's powers didn't activate until at least two protagonists got close, couldn't she have been apprehended much easier by a non-powered group from the Fellowship? Presumably her parents' robots would not normally be able to attack.

Yes, she could have... Unless, of course she rigged up some mundane traps. Or had a gun. Super-Powered Nadia survived Goliath stabbing her in, considering his size, I can only assume to be the majority of her torso. If none of them had had super powers, and Nadia had been shot with a 9mm instead of stabbed by a Gundam, she'd be straight up dead

Basically, the equivalent of a super hero pillow-fight was less risky than a potential murder-suicide

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/931600104632365056

soon 2/3 of the mcelboys will be union men

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Travis might have been IATSE or United Scenic Artists, considering all his tech theater work, though I doubt he's kept it up. Glad that's happening for Polygon folks, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And as stated earlier, they're eventually gonna have to all go SAG for Trolls 2.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Clint presumably is in some union as a radio host?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Waffleman_ posted:

And as stated earlier, they're eventually gonna have to all go SAG for Trolls 2.

I might be misremembering, but didn't they have to nominally join SAG to have their own show?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They might have. I don't know how it works for (Internet) TV vs feature film.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Pretty sure they had to join sag when they were in trolls 2

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Man Clint's voice acting during Mary's villain monologue was pretty drat good. Good sense of escalation as she sounds increasingly strained and unhinged.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Clint definitely does villains better than Griffin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
I bet his 40 year odd experience as radio DJ has something to do to give him the edge on voice acting over 30-under-30-media-luminary Griffin McElroy