Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ariong posted:

Ohio lawmaker resigns after ‘inappropriate behavior’ with another man in state office

Man gets power, man says gay is bad, man does a gay, man loses power. Never gets old.
Dead girl or live boy, they say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Ariong posted:

Ohio lawmaker resigns after ‘inappropriate behavior’ with another man in state office

Man gets power, man says gay is bad, man does a gay, man loses power. Never gets old.
Does that fit into a thread title?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Ariong posted:

Wowie

quote:

Goodman is the second Ohio lawmaker to resign within a month’s time, according to the Dispatch. Sen. Cliff Hite resigned after a staffer filed a sexual harassment complaint, alleging the Findlay Republican asked repeatedly to have sex with her.
Zowie

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

can someone post the gif of that one guy who tried to cook a trashcan turkey and accidentally incinerated the turkey? Thanksgiving prep is making me think of that gif but I can't find it :(

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Ariong posted:

Man gets power, man says gay is bad, man does a gay, man loses power.

Dinosaurs eat man, woman inherits the earth?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Byzantine posted:

Dinosaurs eat man, woman inherits the earth?

Woman dies in tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Years Day.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Phanatic posted:

Woman dies in tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Years Day.

Goodyear?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

This is correct. It'd be a little less clear if he'd simply told them to go rob the house, and then they instead killed everyone. Then you'd still have murder charges, just not first degree. But he specifically instructed them to go to the house and kill everyone, and it was proven during his trial that he was the leader/authority of the group and he had every reason to believe that if he gave an instruction that it would be carried out.

This falls under joint enterprise usually which exsists to prevent he said she said defences against crimes. Like one person delivered the killing blow so technically they're the murderer and everyone else is an acomplaice. But if you're doing that then everyone can simply blame everyone else and you've got reasonable doubt. So instead they just go 'you're all murderers' and don't bother sorting it out. It does lead to some gross over prosecution but today's society is sadly fine with that.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

No, the worst.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah aint no partisan sides in the whole harass and grope people department, it aint political its just wrong. idgaf what "side" they are on.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Good Day Blimp (Ice Cube's a pimp)

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
https://i.imgur.com/wPhqqmO.gifv

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
He showed some serious determination, I'll give him that.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Remake of "A Fistful of Dollars" is looking pretty interesting.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Being so brazen as to try that without anything covering his face.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

syscall girl posted:

Good Day Blimp (Ice Cube's a pimp)

"Ice Cube's a pimp." - Goodyear Blimp, 1992

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
nice assist from the customer

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/931261896837144576

Just in case:

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
But I thought he wanted a world where everybody agrees and nobody is different - oh...
:irony:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Aramoro posted:

This falls under joint enterprise usually which exsists to prevent he said she said defences against crimes. Like one person delivered the killing blow so technically they're the murderer and everyone else is an acomplaice. But if you're doing that then everyone can simply blame everyone else and you've got reasonable doubt. So instead they just go 'you're all murderers' and don't bother sorting it out. It does lead to some gross over prosecution but today's society is sadly fine with that.

Isn’t this actually called Felony Murder?

Seems like if five people are involved in something significantly illegal and, in the course of that act, an innocent person ends up dead, it’s reasonable to hold the lot of them accountable for that person’s death. After all, they did something illegal to begin with.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Schubalts posted:

Being so brazen as to try that without anything covering his face.

But he's a criminal mastermind since he's wearing nitrile gloves to avoid leaving fingerprints!

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Oh no. Please. Anything but that.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RyokoTK posted:

Seems like if five people are involved in something significantly illegal and, in the course of that act, an innocent person ends up dead, it’s reasonable to hold the lot of them accountable for that person’s death. After all, they did something illegal to begin with.

If someone dies in the process of committing a crime, everyone who was involved in committing the crime is charged with the resulting deaths.

For a similar case that ended differently, the Marin County courthouse hostage-taking where a group of Black Panthers assaulted a courtroom during the trial of a prisoner for the murder of prison guards and took a number of people hostage to negotiate for the accused group's freedom. During their attempt to escape, they ran into a police roadblock; the judge was killed (they taped a sawed-off shotgun under his chin) and three of the four Black Panthers were killed by the police and one of the jurors disarming his captors and turning the gun on them.

UCLA professor Angela Davis was charged with murder for all four people who died, as she had purchased the firearms used and was corresponding with at least one of the inmates involved. She ended up acquitted because they weren't able to conclusively prove that she was an active part of the plot, but if they were she would have been put away for life because of her part in the gunfight.

In the case of Manson, members of his "Family" ended up testifying as to the amount of influence he held over them and prosecutors were able to prove that he had sufficient sway over them to order the murders, not unlike a mob boss. He also personally participated in the LaBianca murders that followed, as he disapproved of how messy the Tate murders went and wanted to make sure they did it right.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I've been catching up on this thread and, lol, the schadenfreude was coming from inside the thread with the whole time.

Testekill posted:

She's a 15?-16? year old girl that is embarrased about something that she did when she was 12. Also the producer on the track (the guy that's on screen there, I don't remember his name) comes across as a bit of a creep and a weirdo.

Jastiger posted:

Um shes totally talented and hot and stuff so i dont see the schaden

"Jastiger's Rap Sheet posted:

Perhaps you're being permabanned for just generally being a lovely poster. Perhaps you're being permabanned because you read a story about someone secretly videotaping a middle school girl in a changing room and your response was "It's so hosed up that this man could get in trouble just because of thought crime in puritan America!" But maybe, just maybe, I'm banning you because you made me read that and piece it together. Whatever the cause, I'm just going to leave everybody with this post you made in the same thread. Ahem. 

"So its ok for you if shes 18? Plus how can he know before hand? No one has their age on their forehead, and its hard to tell"

Thank you, Jastiger. Please never, ever come back.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
a good week for the forums, much needed purging overall it seems

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
The EA schadenfreude has done a 180-degree turn.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/hours-before-launch-star-wars-battlefront-2-drops-/1100-6455042/

The whole microtransaction system has been put on hold until they figure out a nonalienating version of it, because apparently Bob Iger called the head of EA and said "I'm about to board my private jet, now what the gently caress are loot crates and why are they making people trash your game?"

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Phanatic posted:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/hours-before-launch-star-wars-battlefront-2-drops-/1100-6455042/

The whole microtransaction system has been put on hold until they figure out a nonalienating version of it, because apparently Bob Iger called the head of EA and said "I'm about to board my private jet, now what the gently caress are loot crates and why are they making people trash your game?"

"They(microtransactions) are already accepted," he said. "All that's happening is EA tweaking the system to make it 'fun and addictive" instead of 'intrusive and predatory."

I'm pretty sure they're still gunning for predatory and addictive. That's the entire purpose of the model.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If Bob loving Iger (or anyone above the regular people that deal with EA) called up EA due to the backlash, that is amazing. Don't gently caress with the Mouse.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Bethamphetamine posted:

"They(microtransactions) are already accepted," he said. "All that's happening is EA tweaking the system to make it 'fun and addictive" instead of 'intrusive and predatory."

I'm pretty sure they're still gunning for predatory and addictive. That's the entire purpose of the model.

I mean the fact that they're equating addiction with fun is pretty loving telling.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Phanatic posted:

“They make lots of money and gamers are whiny bitches.”

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
They really are though. The only reason this problem is still a thing is because people have no willpower, a point I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing about by now.

I'd assume self-described"gamers" would be knowledgable enough about their hobby to know that there are better options out there no prob (even if it isn't star wars related per say)

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

cohsae posted:

I mean the fact that they're equating addiction with fun is pretty loving telling.

FWIW the person they quoted "Fun and Addictive" from is a video game pundit/analyst/whatever, not an EA rep. EA would never be so honest.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

KingSlime posted:

They really are though. The only reason this problem is still a thing is because people have no willpower, a point I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing about by now.

I'd assume self-described"gamers" would be knowledgable enough about their hobby to know that there are better options out there no prob (even if it isn't star wars related per say)

They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a lovely head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.

quote sourced

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Sorry to interrupt pathetic nerd chat, but here's a bear smacking itself in the nuts:

https://i.imgur.com/DGCYWdh.mp4

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Gorilla Salad posted:

Sorry to interrupt pathetic nerd chat, but here's a bear smacking itself in the nuts:

The tank represents EA, the hose represents microtransactions and loot chests, and the bear represents gamers. It all fits.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://gamerant.com/star-wars-battlefront-2-hours-cost-unlock-all-content/

The amount of time or money required to 100% Battlefront 2 is...excessive.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

chitoryu12 posted:

https://gamerant.com/star-wars-battlefront-2-hours-cost-unlock-all-content/

The amount of time or money required to 100% Battlefront 2 is...excessive.

so don't spend any time or money in/on Battlefront 2?

lol as if any "gamer" has the willpower not to

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

RyokoTK posted:

No Felony Murder is when you commit a crime like robbery and a cop dies trying to stop you while you were committing a felony. Even though you didn't kill him per se because you created the situation, you become liable. Its pretty different.

This is just conspiracy to commit murder and murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Gorilla Salad posted:

You beat me to it. That wobble as it tries to walk off is priceless.