Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't know what else you call the wins against Darkness guy and 10x gravity alien before Buu arrived besides clean wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

I don't know what else you call the wins against Darkness guy and 10x gravity alien before Buu arrived besides clean wins

Those guys barely count as existing.

It's like counting farmer with a shotgun a win for Raditz. Or Yamcha a win for the Saibaman.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh right I totally forgot about Zarbon.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Andrast posted:

There were plenty cleans wins in DB. Once they get to DBZ, not so much.

Frieza was pretty clean but even that had people distracting Frieza while he loaded up the spirit bomb

Freeza did more damage to himself than Goku did to him.

Also it's Freeza not Fries-a.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Freeza did more damage to himself than Goku did to him.

Also it's Freeza not Fries-a.

Him being a dumbass and bisecting himself doesn't really make it any less clean

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Andrast posted:

Him being a dumbass and bisecting himself doesn't really make it any less clean

It a million percent does when he could have just stalled for time until the planet blew up even if he couldn't directly overpower Goku.

goku can breathe in space like the cold man. Goku was saved by Freeza's stupidity and hurt ego.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It a million percent does when he could have just stalled for time until the planet blew up even if he couldn't directly overpower Goku.

goku can breathe in space like the cold man. Goku was saved by Freeza's stupidity and hurt ego.

I still fail to see how that makes it not clean

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

No he couldn't have, though? Goku was already walking away from that fight.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

No he couldn't have, though? Goku was already walking away from that fight.

He could have continued to pursue Goku, blow up his ship as it left. Any real number of things to keep in on planet the minute longer it would have taken to blow up with him on it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

He could have continued to pursue Goku, blow up his ship as it left. Any real number of things to keep in on planet the minute longer it would have taken to blow up with him on it.

Yeah freeza could potentially have won if he was a totally different character who wasn't an arrogant idiot with a gigantic hurt ego. How is this relevant?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

My point is it's not so clean a victory for Goku as much as it is Freeza beating himself.

Which is repeated in the RoF fights since he just shows up the second he gets Gold Mode and doesn't try and master it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My point is it's not so clean a victory for Goku as much as it is Freeza beating himself.

Which is repeated in the RoF fights since he just shows up the second he gets Gold Mode and doesn't try and master it.

That's a clean win. Characters' personalities are a part of the fight.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's a clean victory, not Goku's fault Freeza can't gameplan, that's a weakness of the fighter.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Plus Goku outright won the fights from any perspective, Freeza just missed chances at assassinating him.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Well so much for the two episode stretch of Pat being better at TEW2 jesus christ just firing five rounds into someone's chest over and over again

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Goku couldn't even kill Freeza. Trunks had to finish the job.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't know where to share this or if it's old news but I was made aware of it and it's semi-related because of Liam and Paige:

http://www.factmag.com/2017/11/09/john-carpenter-sonic-the-hedgehog/

John Carpenter is a man of fine taste.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dias posted:

John Carpenter is an unironic sonichu fan

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
oh my god the start of this podcast

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matt's cereal tycoon adventure begins now! :allears:

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Depths posted:

oh my god the start of this podcast

The coldest mikes ever

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

cereal reviews will kill the best friends

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
they’re gonna need that ramp once matt loses his legs

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSHjHhT7ndo

nice i get to experience matt dying again

he's already dying on the first stage

it's great

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Without Liam the balance is off. Matt is too clueless and Woolie is too depressed.
Sometimes you need a devil's avocado.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It would've been perfect with Pat (Because he's a super fanboy of the 2d sonics) but I guess he didn't want to repeat the nightmare after Paige's stream.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

HGH posted:

Without Liam the balance is off. Matt is too clueless and Woolie is too depressed.
Sometimes you need a devil's avocado.

Lima bean's absence is always felt most strongly when Sonic comes up. Hopefully he'll return just to finish Unleased one day.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm going to assume Woolie depression has nothing to do with Liam being there or not and more to do that he came back from a family crisis to play Sonic Forces

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I'm going to assume Woolie depression has nothing to do with Liam being there or not and more to do that he came back from a family crisis to play Sonic Forces

Yeah I think they're saying that Liam being there to try and keep energy up would help.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah I think they're saying that Liam being there to try and keep energy up would help.

I'm saying there's no amount of Liam that could help with that

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I'm the guy who's super glad Liam isn't there anymore. I even gave his Sonic Forces stream a look and was just staggered at how much I disagreed with nearly everything he said. I dunno, I guess I'm in the minority in that.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I liked Liam at a time, but when their whole gimmick became "Bad arguments and creepy game defense" it wore out quick for me.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Liam was much needed for the injection of Castlevania into the Best Friends.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I miss Liam if only because sometimes the I Haven't Played This And I Already Hate It levels on the guys are a bit hard to digest.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
While Forces is not a great game. Lots of stuff they were complaining about was not even true.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Now that Liam's been gone for a while it's clear they benefited from having someone around with different interests who challenged their opinions and was enthusiastic about new stuff, or at the very least, could pass the bare minimum competency when it comes to, like, pressing buttons and retaining information. The increasing amount of videos with them playing games they don't like, aren't paying attention to and don't understand is embarrassing and I wish they'd come up with something new to renew their enthusiasm or just quit already.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
these sonic forces videos much like sonic forces were not great

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think they've done some of their best LPs since Liam left. Not that Liam leaving was the reason they were good, I just disagree that they are doing badly now.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
They just need to lay off full LPs of really bad games. Laughing at a bad game is one of the internet's pastimes, sure. But after a while it stops being funny outside of occasional schadenfreude moments, and just turns into people slogging through something they genuinely hate.

Save that poo poo for one-offs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Neo_Crimson posted:

They just need to lay off full LPs of really bad games. Laughing at a bad game is one of the internet's pastimes, sure. But after a while it stops being funny outside of occasional schadenfreude moments, and just turns into people slogging through something they genuinely hate.

Save that poo poo for one-offs.

On the other hand

David Cage