Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Waffleman_ posted:

They did make a Haunted Mansion movie, though.

It had Eddie Murphy and was very bad, which is why you don't remember it.

I'm aware of the movie, and am forever grateful it sucked as much as it apparently did.

I don't even mind Jack Sparrow being there, but every loving character has to keep saying his goddamned name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Beachcomber posted:

I'm aware of the movie, and am forever grateful it sucked as much as it apparently did.

I don't even mind Jack Sparrow being there, but every loving character has to keep saying his goddamned name.

Captain Jack Sparrow. :colbert:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Beachcomber posted:

Ah, but you have heard of him

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Geoff Johns is pretty much single-handedly holding a few superhero franchises back by insisting on only using the blandest personality-free original versions of them instead of the ones that anyone actually remembers or likes.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Grassy Knowles posted:

Show me in the comics where he claims that

because he's mute

Uuuum actually!

He's not a mute, his voice is just all powerful.

Context spoilers:
he's in a prison where his powers are controlled so he can speak freely

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Cerepol posted:

Uuuum actually!

Context spoilers:

Well drat

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I like eBay, mainly because I can buy Parker Jotter pens from India where they cost half what they go for in the United States. Why India? I'm going to guess British colonialism has at least one good side effect, which is a love for good pens.

Edit: content:

Those Jardiance commercials are weird because it's a bunch of really healthy looking people (cameraman, host, producer, sound guy) chasing unhealthy people around to tell them about diabetes tablets.

I think it'd work better if you had someone like John Goodman telling you about the medicine. Like, "I'd be dead right now without these pills. You could be dead soon too."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF_JBvEH6Qc

Krispy Wafer has a new favorite as of 16:47 on Nov 15, 2017

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Krispy Wafer posted:

I think it'd work better if you had someone like John Goodman Wilford Brimley telling you about the medicine.

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

Krispy Wafer posted:

I like eBay, mainly because I can buy Parker Jotter pens from India where they cost half what they go for in the United States. Why India? I'm going to guess British colonialism has at least one good side effect, which is a love for good pens.

Edit: content:

Those Jardiance commercials are weird because it's a bunch of really healthy looking people (cameraman, host, producer, sound guy) chasing unhealthy people around to tell them about diabetes tablets.

I think it'd work better if you had someone like John Goodman telling you about the medicine. Like, "I'd be dead right now without these pills. You could be dead soon too."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF_JBvEH6Qc

John Goodman has lost something like 150 lbs since 2015. He's still 6'4" and about 250 now, but the dude lost an entire person.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Beachcomber posted:

This is a gift to humanity. No matter how good the movie was, Disney would have shoved some actor into the Haunted Mansion three different places and ruined it forever.

gently caress Jack Sparrow.

Apparently when Johnny Depp is in town he likes to for whatever reason get in full Jack Sparrow wardrobe and makeup and spend an hour or two pretending to be a fourth animatronic of himself on the ride, and Disney just lets him do it.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Sunshine89 posted:

John Goodman has lost something like 150 lbs since 2015. He's still 6'4" and about 250 now, but the dude lost an entire person.

He’s done that before, seesawing with his weight. Its good that he’s lost some though. He sounded unhealthy as gently caress in 9 Cloverleaf Lane.

He’ll probably gain weight to play Dan Conner again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Choco1980 posted:

Apparently when Johnny Depp is in town he likes to for whatever reason get in full Jack Sparrow wardrobe and makeup and spend an hour or two pretending to be a fourth animatronic of himself on the ride, and Disney just lets him do it.

I would, tbh.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

If the Depp story is true it would be some exceptionally poor marketing for Disney to let that continue.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Eh, apparently Mark Hammill showed up for Star Tours the other day.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mark Hamill is not a wifebeater is the difference here.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Waffleman_ posted:

Mark Hamill is not a wifebeater is the difference here.

Fair enough, it's too early for me to make connections

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Johnny Depp visited a school in full Jack Sparrow getup. Surely that excuses at least a little wife beating?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

If the Depp story is true it would be some exceptionally poor marketing for Disney to let that continue.

Apparently he did it most recently last May to promote the new movie and Disney filmed it that time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwauqxGbgQ0

Also sometimes when he does this he goes and works the pirate show out front that's for entertaining the line.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Phlegmish posted:

1000-year-old vampire in a little girl's body before it was cool

e: wait it's the opposite of that

I think their lame after-the-fact explanation was, "yes, she's twelve 'years' old, and has the body of a little girl, but her planet's years are two Earth years, so she's really 24 and oh god make it stop"

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Mister Mind posted:

I think their lame after-the-fact explanation was, "yes, she's twelve 'years' old, and has the body of a little girl, but her planet's years are two Earth years, so she's really 24 and oh god make it stop"

I can't remember the title but I remember reading some story where an adult woman was put into/transformed a new body of a teenager. She was loving repulsed by how many men hit on her repeatedly, even after she explained she was loving 15 years old. "Well yeah but you're mentally so in tune with me, a 40 year old man!"

Sooooo can anyone explain why UPS trucks have Taylor Swift ads on them?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Taylor Swift owns.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Choco1980 posted:

Apparently he did it most recently last May to promote the new movie and Disney filmed it that time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwauqxGbgQ0

Also sometimes when he does this he goes and works the pirate show out front that's for entertaining the line.

He's so entertaining when he's not abusing women.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Cerepol posted:

Uuuum actually!

Context spoilers:

Thanks for this! I actually kind of love checking out wiki articles on comic heroes/villains I'm not very familiar with, they're always entertaining and extremely :wtc:

Plus they add to my well-fortified ubernerd facade. Don't tell anybody. B)

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Inescapable Duck posted:

Geoff Johns is pretty much single-handedly holding a few superhero franchises back by insisting on only using the blandest personality-free original versions of them instead of the ones that anyone actually remembers or likes.

I don't know anything about comic books so I looked this dude up on Wikipedia. It says:

quote:

Geoff Johns (born January 25, 1973)[2] is a proficient American writer for comic books

Maybe they mean 'prolific'?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Krispy Wafer posted:

He’s done that before, seesawing with his weight. Its good that he’s lost some though. He sounded unhealthy as gently caress in 9 Cloverleaf Lane.

He’ll probably gain weight to play Dan Conner again.

Didn't Dan die?

dissss posted:

I don't know anything about comic books so I looked this dude up on Wikipedia. It says:

Maybe they want to say that he's good at his job, but not famous? Because what comic book artists/writers are famous

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

dissss posted:

I really liked his run on JSA before they signed the whole universe over to him.

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Postal Parcel posted:

Didn't Dan die?

Rosanne has said that if they make the new season she will figure out a way to explain that Dan didn't die, just ran out on his family. The whole thing is nuts.

"On December 20, 2009, Barr posted an entry on her Web site regarding what a possible Roseanne reunion would be like, which includes: DJ's being published, Mark's dying in Iraq; David's leaving Darlene for a woman half his age, Darlene coming out of the closet and meeting a woman and having a test tube baby with her, Becky's working at Walmart, Roseanne and Jackie's opening the first medical marijuana dispensary in Lanford, Arnie's becoming the best friend of the Governor of Illinois and remarrying Nancy, Bev's selling a painting for $10,000, Jerry and the grandsons forming a music group similar to the Jonas Brothers, Dan's reappearing alive after faking his death , and Bonnie's being arrested for selling crack"

TyrsHTML has a new favorite as of 17:19 on Nov 17, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Recently, people started receiving phishing scam emails that looked like they were from Netflix. This week, Netflix themselves promoted The Punisher using a suspicious email.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Recently, people started receiving phishing scam emails that looked like they were from Netflix. This week, Netflix themselves promoted The Punisher using a suspicious email.

That's nuts. It might be okay if the body text didn't essentially say "you've been hacked"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The MSJ posted:

Is it just a .GIF, a link to a page with that letter, or what?

I don’t let scripts run in my mail client.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Is it just a .GIF, a link to a page with that letter, or what?

I don’t let scripts run in my mail client.

It doesn't help that the subject is this as well:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Watching old shows on my dvr and sometimes I don't get to the remote in time to fast forward the commercials, so I keep hearing one for Chuck E. Cheese about "how did we make Chuck E. Cheese more mom-friendly? We surveyed moms to find out" and they give all these stupid suggestions and then determine they're going to make the pizza taste better. They end by saying paraphrased "Come on by and try the pizza that beat Pizza Hut in a taste test!" Like be careful guys someone's going to trip over that low bar you set for yourself.

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
tbh i think that gif is a pretty cool marketing concept, but they're wasting it on yet another useless loving comic-derivative waste of space that goons are going to earnestly debate upon like it's an undiscovered fellini

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Punisher isn't even known for hacking! He's a gunman!

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Waffleman_ posted:

What about Punisher 2099

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

sometimes he hacks at people with a knife though

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Waffleman_ posted:

A gunman is just a biohacker.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

He has a hacker sidekick, though.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Since we just talk about spam now:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

nerdz posted:

Since we just talk about spam now:

Not even gonna tell us who this was from so we can make fun of them?