Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Huh. It's something I'm still intending to watch at some point, but I wasn't expecting an S2.

e: amanchu for snipe-context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah, that'll do.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sounds like it's coming in Spring. At least, I assume that big 4 I saw in another promo tweet was referring to April...

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So, I know there's no one following that Imouto show from this season, but the latest episode was brutal in that depiction of somebody's creation getting poo poo on publicly via twitter. :(

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wark Say posted:

So, I know there's no one following that Imouto show from this season, but the latest episode was brutal in that depiction of somebody's creation getting poo poo on publicly via twitter. :(

...so the first episode in real life :v:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Wark Say posted:

Gosh there were two of us last page who said we're watching it.

Also that started off really funny, then it got progressively sadder, the following scene was pretty emotional. It's what made me bring it up here before, things like that are what I'm watching it for.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's a sister show in title only

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ah the ol non related sister trope

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Gosh, there were two of us last page who said we're watching it.

Also, that started off really funny, then it got progressively sadder, the following scene was pretty emotional. It's what made me bring it up here before, things like that are what I'm watching it for.
My bad. It's been a while since I posted in this thread, CP. :(

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
good drunk wife show this week

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

dogsicle posted:

it's a sister show in title only

i remember when people said this about oreimo, rofl

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I like the new version of Kino for the most part so this isn't really a criticism but it is pretty funny that it is airing same season as Girl's Last Tour which is so much better at channeling the original Kino's vibe.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Space Flower posted:

That was because they weren't blood related or whatever, right? I never watched it.

Imouto Sae is a sister show in title only because there actually isn't a little sister character in the main cast. The main dude's bff has a little sister who has showed up all of twice for quick gags, but that's it. It's just the main character's obsession since he likes that trope and writes light novels with little sister characters.

Wark Say posted:

My bad. It's been a while since I posted in this thread, CP. :(

No worries! I'm just glad someone else is enjoying it. :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Space Flower posted:

I still feel dumb for thinking that the MC was going to end with Kuroneko or... whatshername that was voiced by Saori Hayami?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I watched it cuz of you two people mentioning it and gently caress the caveats, I Love The Smell Of My Little SISTER or whatever it is called is an actually good show. Parts of it remind me of Golden Time from a few years ago, where it's a bunch of semi-adults bungling their way through life, parts remind me of something like Shimoneta where it is lewd as gently caress but pretty drat funny about it.

Also I'm pretty sure it is constantly taking the piss out of Eromanga Sensei and if you could stomach that this is so much better.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Is it about right to postulate that Imosae is to Eromanga as Konosuba is to Re:Zero? I've not watched Eromanga Sensei.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
please do not

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ranzear posted:

Is it about right to postulate that Imosae is to Eromanga as Konosuba is to Re:Zero? I've not watched Eromanga Sensei.

i'm intrigued, and would like to subscribe to your youtube review channel

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

i'm intrigued, and would like to subscribe to your youtube review channel

Should I stop making real content and just sit with my buddy and blather on for three hours?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

But what's the Dark Souls of Imouto shows

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

But what's the Dark Souls of Imouto shows

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

but dark souls is good, and chuu2 is not

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's also not an imouto show, but drat it that's someone's little sister beaning them with a sword and a :darksouls: edit and well here we are.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
actually the dark souls kyoani show is the bit in maidragon where they literally play dark souls but with a pause button

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That pause made me so mad

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

The Colonel posted:

actually the dark souls kyoani show is the bit in maidragon where they literally play dark souls but with a pause button

I want to say it looked more like Demon's Souls (Fluted Helm mostly) but that didn't have mimics either, if we're continuing to be pedantic.

At least, I don't think anything past Demon's Souls had the 'skinny' fluted armor, just the Elite Knight set. I missed that look.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 16, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

That pause made me so mad

:same:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/930999472259137538

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It's a good face

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

They're good faces, Brent-san.

I'm not blown away by the rest of the show, but it's pleasant and low key in a way that's appealing when I don't feel like concentrating.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I really wish I could get into Kotohana, it has at face value a lot of elements that I usually love in a SOL show but somehow the sum of its parts always leaves me thinking each episode was poorly storyboarded or put together and leaves me vaguely disappointed. I guess broadly speaking it just feels sort of badly paced; it kind of gives me the same feeling when Angel Beats would just suddenly shift gears and rush through some beats.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Princess Principal was my first and fastest drop in a very long time. Just couldn't stand to finish the first episode. The visuals weren't inspiring me and it struck me as tacky espionage stuff with a cute slice of life flipside. The OP was a fuckin choon, though.
Does it hit its stride later on, or does it continue going exactly like that? Askin' for when i'm feeling more Anime Tolerant.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

FauxLeather posted:

Princess Principal was my first and fastest drop in a very long time. Just couldn't stand to finish the first episode. The visuals weren't inspiring me and it struck me as tacky espionage stuff with a cute slice of life flipside. The OP was a fuckin choon, though.
Does it hit its stride later on, or does it continue going exactly like that? Askin' for when i'm feeling more Anime Tolerant.

Uh, I really liked that show and I'd definitely say it gets better in its second episode and onwards, but if you had that negative a reaction to the first ep I don't know if there's anything in the rest of the show that'll really save it for ya.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

FauxLeather posted:

it struck me as tacky espionage stuff with a cute slice of life flipside

well, that's what the show is shooting for, so if you don't like that, well,,,

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

FauxLeather posted:

What was tacky about it? I can see some people not liking the very cutesy artstyle, but I found it to be a remarkably subtle show. Lots of small details that help sell the world and the characters.

I would stick it out for one more episode - the second episode is fantastic and hooked me completely. If you're not interested after that, I think it's fair to say you aren't going to like it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Princess Principle was really good but the first episode is kind of chaff unrelated to anything and I definitely remember having similar thoughts. The second episode is the best of the show.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i was hooked when ange told the guy the gun wasn't loaded, and then used that same gun to kill him.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i was hooked when ange told the guy the gun wasn't loaded, and then used that same gun to kill him.

Yeah that scene and the delivery was so loving good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

FauxLeather posted:

I liked the first episode of Princess Principal quite a bit but the second episode I think does a really good job of selling the show. It lays out the real backbone and focus of the story in a compelling and honestly fairly surprising way. At the very least I was thrown for a loop. But y'know in a good way.

But if you really disliked the first episode and aren't seeing any reason to continue then just drop it, I don't think the first ep is really so far divorced from the rest of the show that if you completely hated it you'll turn around on the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The VA for Bulma died due to apparent illness.

• Locked thread