Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Giedroyc posted:

Also I must point out this the second game KelpPlankton has been associated with that's shut down prematurely. Can he start playing DCUO next?

More like the 5th or 6th. Games I like tend to die. Either my tastes just don't align with the wider gaming market or I'm just cursed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Holyshoot posted:

what company could do it? EA would gently caress it up. Blizzard has diablo. GGG has path of exile. You can't give it to a tripple A publisher because they will just pay to win the gently caress out of it.

netmarble obv :rolleye:

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
RIP marvel heroes, you were bad, and then good, and then bad, and now you're dead.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

also frankthebank is going to be sad when ccp closes their doors after the chinese mobile market scramble fails just like their last 5 ventures except the capital has finally run out

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Giedroyc posted:

Also if they make everything in the shop free ICR do a December RIP tournament.

I’m getting through this work week then I’m 50/50 on doing this.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

also lmfao the ncsoft dota like is getting shutdown too loving statesman is game poison i guess it died faster than the dc dota like i used to play with my main man osama bin laden i just assumed it was him since only the two of us played it

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Does this mean we defeated britcrew too???

yeah probably

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

ICR never got to play M.O.D.O.K. :(

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

ICR never got to play M.O.D.O.K. :(

It’s awful. Terribly awful. :(

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I miss triple small Wolverine

Gone, like tears in rain

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Percelus posted:

also lmfao the ncsoft dota like is getting shutdown too loving statesman is game poison i guess it died faster than the dc dota like i used to play with my main man osama bin laden i just assumed it was him since only the two of us played it

i played both of those games too

hire me to kill games you don't like, I accept payment via PayPal

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Launch was bad, but the game really shined during the doomsaw era.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Percelus posted:

Its a wonder why NCsoft hasnt put down wildstar yet

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They need another dead on arrival mmo to switch the servers over to first.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Drythe posted:

I enjoyed writing a bot for that poll to make sure wasp never won and getting icr to buy me Angela for doing it

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

because there's no sexual harassment scandal that makes the potential liabilities of leaving it open greater than the minimal costs.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Info And Images From White List PC Server Surface

Here is a private message from a WhiteList player discussing their take on the situation:

"I can tell you that the WhiteList program is a mess pretty much, and I hope this doesn't have repercussions on people who were actually contributing because the program has a lot of people and they don't add/remove any. But like, I haven't commented since BUE whitelist and they never removed me. Every detail you guys probably had issues with on BUE it was addressed by someone when feedback was asked and rarely if ever, changes were made. So it was more of an early access to bugs that are going to make it to test center that are going to make it to live. I don't know what's going on with gazillion but I do know it must be something big because there was a lot of content planned for the thor update. And by content I mean costumes. There was a Hulk enhanced costume, and a bunch others. There's like 30+ costumes already made that I guess are awaiting loot boxes to be released, like there were these cool looking 90s costumes for the xmen that made them look like they were straight out of the cartoon series. As far as actual content goes, there was nothing new planned and Omega is what it's currently on Consoles. Same issues that are there, are present in the pc version which was unfortunate. My advice is to really speak with your wallet, because even though the news of stuff added to whitelist might make you feel there's still traction, believe me, there's nothing actually happening to solve the issues the game has."

October WhiteList Patch Notes

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Stark Tower 33 forever.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm actually extremely bummed about this closing. I haven't played it for over a year and I haven't even logged in for months until this week, but I still have a good year's worth of great memories about this game and how lovely but fun it was. It was awesome when Muspelheim first came out and the raid was actually difficult but we were all grouping up together and hopping on Mumble and waiting for them to release the next encounter for it and holy poo poo did they even loving test this? That was loving great. And destroying multiple servers with boon parties was also incredible. Somehow I managed to miss out on half of them so as I logged in tonight I noticed that I no longer have any boon time left.

I'm super bummed about this thing closing and despite all the problems it had and poor direction at the top, it was an incredibly fun ARPG and, for a time, was the best one on the market. I'm going to miss this stupid game.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think ultimately what killed this game was Gaz trying to overreach from the start. Like there's a reason your average ARPG has like five classes tops.

They got so caught up trying to make characters and balance them and re-balance them that content fell behind, and since they couldn't pump out new content for people to play regularly enough they had to invent new gear slots, new progression systems, new costumes, basically anything that didn't require a ton of asset creation until they drowned in it. I don't doubt some of these were corporately mandated and the team did the best they could with the resources and people they had, but you can't keep that pace up forever by making twenty people work 80 hour weeks.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 17, 2017

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Personally I blame the pedo CEO

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

the new poe expansion is dope as hell, again, for the second time in four months. how do they do it? how do they crank out so much content and then give it away for free, every time? dozens of new maps, a dynamically shifting endgame, d2 style oskill items, half a dozen new corpse explosion skills, and new endgame bosses :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

ndub posted:

the new poe expansion is dope as hell, again, for the second time in four months. how do they do it? how do they crank out so much content and then give it away for free, every time? dozens of new maps, a dynamically shifting endgame, d2 style oskill items, half a dozen new corpse explosion skills, and new endgame bosses :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

they make new content to play through the main priority

gaz always had this serious problem where improvements to the game were mostly in the form of new stuff to play as, instead of new stuff to do. i mean there was new stuff to do occasionally, but a more actively expanding game would have implemented in a year what MH did in five years, especially considering how much of the "new" content was mostly just recycled content.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Jazerus posted:

they make new content to play through the main priority

gaz always had this serious problem where improvements to the game were mostly in the form of new stuff to play as, instead of new stuff to do. i mean there was new stuff to do occasionally, but a more actively expanding game would have implemented in a year what MH did in five years, especially considering how much of the "new" content was mostly just recycled content.

You really don't get fandom, do you

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
:rip: game, had some good times with you bros

found some screenshots from 2015:

the time i literally got anxiety from how bad Leowyld's insignia was so i traded him a new one because he'd only use racon insigs

Some chat nonsense

And my favourite, a family of wild vans in their natural habitat. I think this was around when Daddy Punpun got reworked

Edit: forgot to include my posting credentials

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ndub posted:

PoE basically took the same problem that MH did - virtually impossible character balancing - and made a game of it. Instead of slamming every character of the month into the ground with immediate nerfs they simply let them rotate down into the permanent Standard sandbox and rebalanced the next league. So instead of people constantly getting angry that they have to eat dirt until their guy gets rebalanced up from the kneejerk reaction, everyone's fully informed of when things are changing and they even get to keep their overpowered items and poo poo. In turn, they're invested in their builds and the game and buy customisations.

It double helps that nobody is lore-policing their microtransactions.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

lmao, forgot I made this goblin slider emote for Frank's rework

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Pour one out for my homeboy, Summoner Doom.

:rip: :gaz: :rip:

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Kenby posted:

Five years from now this is gonna be like the CoH thread where everyone wonders why they still post about their dead superhero waifu's while throwing money at every kickstarter with the words City of Heroes in it, but no one wants to shut the thread down because those poor souls have suffered enough.

This is our future.

oh god

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i miss my dead waifu already

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
But..I'm Unstoppable...

:rip: Elbow Drop Man, and this bad game that was sometimes good.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Rest in peace you big dumb superhero videogame, I cosmic'd two Canadian killing machines, played punisher before he was good, and learned to love ol Hornhead. :gaz:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

:negative:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Played for about two years, goon community was great. Holiday raffles and just general camaraderie. Hope another marvel arpg comes around.

Triple tiny babby hulk buster better than triple big hulk buster.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Triple tiny Joe Fixit put me in hysterics once.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ICR posted:

Baby Wolferine strikes again and here is the build to end all builds.

Baby Wolferine: Small Body, Big Heart, Wins Games

Goons, as you know, Wolferine is not a man. He is a child. A small child at that. How can a child defeat big giant enemies with such baby nails? What will Tombstone think of my talents? Easy.

Today, I present to you Baby Wolferine, a story about how a very small person can make a difference and save an entire planet. Why use a superhero who is a baby? Isn't that against gaming rules? Here's why you use him:

He is single target damage and he melts all bosses. Camp him by the students in Xdef while the other 4 fight bosses? That's domination. MODOK runs away like a ninny and nobody goes after him? You go after him and kill him in 5 seconds. Really. You're in charge now. Same goes for Holosim. You will always go far in these two games if you play him right. Failure is for adults.

Terminals: He will solo cosmic over 20K health and Kurse runs scared. Wolferine, please do not ever grow up. That's too many responsibilities and bills to take care of. This vertically challenged creature is incredible on all terminal rushes.

Story Mode: Never heard of it but I'm sure he can handle it bub.

Midtown: Pop the sig and tell the other players to go away. Baby's First Destroy. Precious Moments...

Baby's First Skill:

MAX:
Bloody Claws (Basic and Fury Generator. Bleed 1)
Bloody Sweep: (Major AOE and Bleed 2)
Crimson Leap: (Great initial damage and positioning skill, Bleed 3)
Eviscerate: (The main beast skill--mega damage for single target, use all those bleeds)
Chudan-No-Kunae: (Crit and Brute and Dodge--so crucial. Toggle skill)
Furious Assault: (Signature. Do you like Moon Knights sig? Oh boy, if so, you'll loooove this)
Adamantium Skeleton: (Passive. Damage rating stuff you know.)

10 Pts: (CraZZZY stuff I know)

Feral Meow: (Stuns my opponent longer and scales my fury regeneration up? That stun is amazing. Some builds overlook this skill and if you do, YOU ARE CRAZZZY with lots of z's). NOTE: ALL REMAINING PTS go here after even the 1 pointer. Got it? Good.

Unstoppable Beast: (Passive, Health Scale. You need some points here.)

1 PT:

Wetwork: (Oh how I wish I could 20 this. But it's not happening. I love this buff, especially while leveling. 1 point it and activate it a lot.

Can't Hold Me Down: ( 1 Pt Revive skill. Yes mr Gaz pls)

Baby's First Scooter aka Bike Skill: (1 pt. Great for the raids. Really great actually.)

Rotation: Crimson Leap>Wetwork>Bloody Claw>Bloody Sweep>Eviscerate>Feral Meow>Furious Assault>Turn off monitor

Here's the slots: (Cosmic Prestiging, I'll post these another day)

The tiniest items ever:

First, the artifacts:

Artifacts:

My four are: GoK, PSS, ACCoC and Advanced Kung Fu. Other great options are anything physical damage or melee of course. White Suit Jacket is delish. Even Advanced Meta is great for him.

Medallion: Juggernaut. Whoa right? Yeah you use this. You see, we gear so hard for damage and things get neglected like health. Not this time bub. 2,300 health, 4Sec Invulnerable proc? Believe me, this is an excellent choice. You NEED OVER 20K health and this is an easy way to do it. It allows me to equip Nate Grey's over Worn Leather Jacket, the inferior choice.

Hydra or Magneto or Kurse are fine if you do want damage stuff. Mags reduces fury cost. Hydra is EXCELLENT of course. Kurse is mega melee damage. If you don't need the health, please use Kurse instead only. It is monstrous in raids.

Relic: I always find these to be expendable. Lemuria is such a given. But there's the crit damage one and melee one. How about you decide? I use Asgard.

Runeword: You got tons of options here. Really...Vikings, Allfathers, God of Mischief, Lady of the Sword, etc. I love Bone Breaker because I bet you can make it right now. It's soooo cheap! 200 melee and +1 STR--that's about 8-10% extra damage. Wolverine loves dominating. I believe I'm gonna head up to GoM or Lady's later.

Legendary: Neptunes Trident: just kidding. It's Gungnir. Accept no substitutes. Crit and brutals need it.

Ring: look for brutals and crits and health. Wolferine demands it.

Insignia: WOLFERINE Something tells me they were made for each other. More crits. More brutals.

Costume: Get your hands on that 3K Med and 2sec invulnerable AND DO NOT FORGET: You must attach PSS as your visual effect. If you aren't small, your character is not tough enough for Tombstone. All CDR all the time.

Teamup: Passive Firestar. -3% Fury but Falcon is BiS. +240 DR, +120 crit rating

Synergies: Black Panther, Cable, Colossus, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Loki, Moon Knight, Nightcrawler, Squirrel Girl, Baby Wolferine

Omega System: Yeah, we are getting real deep with this and I even got his Umaga points out there. Here's the drill--Shadow King's Possession first, Tactical Neural second

Now, for the big dogs (or small, to drive this thing home even more). Slots 1-5

1: finally, Boner Claws have a purpose. 1,001 DR, beast mode. I love Dragonfang in this slot as well as an alternative, but his slot 1 is excellent now. Baby Man gets an A+.

Slot 2: I'm gonna list two and let you decide--Worn Leather Jacket and Nate Grey's. They are health focused and damage focused respectively. You make the choice. I personally love WLJ because I need the survivability. But, I am over 22,000 HP now with Nate Grey's so I use Nate Grey's now and I murder the boss dummy in the top left Training Room in 5 secs. I murder the boss dummy before that one in 17 secs alone. I'll take it for now.

Slot 3: I would use the Team X Belt. That thing rocks. And it summons Sabrekitten, who will not be small with you. . It's excellent and has lots of health. You need it.

Slot 4: Work Boots. Awesome. Baby Wolferine gets so mad wearing these. Babies HATE work and bills.

Slot 5: I use the Xforce Commander however, I KNOW that Master Ogun's Sword is the way to go. Get MOS. Xforks commander blows. Take a cosmic if ya can't find Ogun's.

These slots also get runes attached to them. 2-4 are cattle for health (600 total are highest totals) 1 and 5 get Stone for more damage to physical. Physical scales with strength--HOORAY!

I treat the tiniest baby man as a tank really and I love it. It's much more comprehensive compared to pre-52. I actually need a larger hot bar for all my skills I want to use. I have to put Chudan-No-Kunae and Motor Bike on the 2nd key. That's deep for my normal play style. Also, I put in about 2 1/2 hours of testing and I went through 4 major builds and logged TTK and damage done on brutals. I basically wanted to see max numbers. I crit at 48% and brutal at 50% right now. I would like to go higher by about 4% each. I take a lot of bosses out in 5 seconds or less (not all the time, but many times) and I absolutely LOVE this review.

Disclaimer: I am a die-hard Wolferine fan anyway. Probably not as big as Dave, but I did go as the guy for Halloween when I was a kid haha. That was last October--I'm 7. Anyway, if I threw my bias aside, I do believe Wolferine needs to be a top tier character. It's hard to hate on this 52 review as it is one of the best they have done and rightfully so. As I go through cosmic prestige, I am figuring out his strengths and weaknesses. His biggest weakness besides melee (who are still a little unfavorable compared to ranged) is that his signature does have a bug that creeps up where the cooldown doubles. It's weird and just let it ride. Please know that when you play Baby Wolferine...

...You're playing the best cher bebe in all da land, I mean, bub.

Oh, and one other thing. You must be small for this build. Your Wolferine sucks if you do not use double Pym's Shrinking Serum. Don't go little? Your build is shittle.

For bonus fun, get the Vision pet. Babies stick together. Remember, stay small and enjoy one of my favorite heroes in the game. He gets a bad wrap sometimes even after this review but he is a lot of fun, especially when you create that fun. Cheers goons and get to bubbing! Grow downward.

Baby Wolferine: Small. Proud. Would Make A Great Mouse. Says Bub A Lot.
SUN GOD AVATAR hosed around with this message at Jul 11, 2014 around 11:05

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I remember goons would get really mad about the stupid size stuff but I always thought it was funny

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_TgEEpgnQ0

post your pro music choices while playing MH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Baby Wolferine lives on forever.