Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Throw moira's ball into the point of Lijang Gardens.

You're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
It's hard not to die as Moira.

Also they should make it so you can hold the button for Rez and it starts casting when the spell is in range.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Moira at low ranks is going to destroy with her death orb on the 2CP maps where people have a tendency to fight at the choke for 4 minutes straight

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so is it just me or can moira not hit torb turrets without her ult

I swear you can't lock on to them. didn't pay much attention to the orb tho

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Manatee Cannon posted:

so is it just me or can moira not hit torb turrets without her ult

I swear you can't lock on to them. didn't pay much attention to the orb tho

I came to post this, I'm not even sure her ult works on them. I only played one game with her, No Limits with about 4 Moira against 4 Tjorbs. Will probably mine arcade boxes as him and try to snap pick Moira in normal quick play.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun
Also, Moira's juice refills very slowly out of combat. Does it refill instantly when she respawns? Is it the correct move to suicide after a won teamfight when you have spawn advantage if you're out of juice?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I can't imagine that would ever be the correct move, especially considering spawn times/distances. Use the orb (which requires no juice) to heal your teammates in the interim, charge with the hand when the enemy arrives.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

I came to post this, I'm not even sure her ult works on them. I only played one game with her, No Limits with about 4 Moira against 4 Tjorbs. Will probably mine arcade boxes as him and try to snap pick Moira in normal quick play.

her ult deals damage but I'm pretty sure torb can out repair it (he will die in the process unless he's getting healed tho)

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

I swear I hooked someone that was using it but it's hard to say

e:

might have just been insane timing but idk

Fade is weird. I've been halted by Orisa into the illios well while using fade. I thought it was a mistake on my part but then the killcam showed I vanished from the orisa's pov and she never saw me fall into the pit, because I was still fading out. At the same time, I've used Fade when Tracer put a bomb on me to make it disappear. :iiam:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm getting a distinct feeling that moira's ult is pretty loving bad, for a support ult

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
The problem is that it's optimal usage means forming a congaline and uh, well that's really bad from any point of view.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
reloading is habitual muscle memory any time i have a spare moment in combat at this point, so I rebound that to Moira’s very sarcastic ‘grand.’ voiceline.

Now she’s constantly busting my chops whenever I waste her time in a fight and I absolutely love it.

:redass:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it goes through everyone and everything on both teams, which is crazy. you can heal your rein while you damage the enemy rein and the people behind the enemy rein's shield at the same. people that can't aim aren't gonna do poo poo with it tho

also I noticed that people suck at actually healing you as moira, even in no limits when there are a minimum of 2 on each team at all times. I've been surrounded by 3 moira's on my team and not been healed

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

also I noticed that people suck at actually healing you as moira, even in no limits when there are a minimum of 2 on each team at all times. I've been surrounded by 3 moira's on my team and not been healed

I think the issue is that (especially in QP and arcade matches) tons of people are trying new characters when they come out, and are always bad at them for obvious reasons. So matches often tend to suck, and in the case of a healer like Moira, most people have no clue what to do because so few people play support characters to begin with.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Watching Moira's orbs bounce around made me wonder what it would be like if Moira's ult reflected off of walls similarly

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Manatee Cannon posted:

it goes through everyone and everything on both teams, which is crazy. you can heal your rein while you damage the enemy rein and the people behind the enemy rein's shield at the same. people that can't aim aren't gonna do poo poo with it tho
I feel like the damage it does is anemic enough that damaging enemies with it rarely results in anything though.

more importantly though I don't mean it's a bad ult period, I mean it's bad for a support ult because all the other support ults are great

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Maybe if they made the healing hitbox a little bit bigger it would be better, because they have to be lined up pretty close to hit more than one person, which is a lot to ask for 3 or more people moving independently. 140 HPS is good but it's not even close to transcendence, so you generally need to pick 1 target at a time and stick with them for it to really be meaningful.

I don't think the damaging aspect needs to be better though, it's like a mid-high charge, long range Zarya beam that penetrates barriers, so it's good at finishing people off. The fact that you can flick from one role to the other in an instant seems like a good justification for not making either one too strong

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Moira's ult heals for under half of what Zen's ult does and is almost always going to hit fewer people. The offensive flexibility is nice but the damage is ridiculously low for an ult. She might still be a decent hero overall but you are sacrificing a lot ult wise compared to Zen or Lucio.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Moira is cool, she's like a short range Zen with an escape ability.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Moira's ult heals for under half of what Zen's ult does and is almost always going to hit fewer people. The offensive flexibility is nice but the damage is ridiculously low for an ult. She might still be a decent hero overall but you are sacrificing a lot ult wise compared to Zen or Lucio.

You need to be hitting both your team and the enemy for her ult to be worth it. It seems like it's going to be way harder to get good use out of than the other support ults. The best usage I've gotten out of it has been sitting on the back lines and popping it when my team is in a cluster gently caress of a group fight.

Also her invuln I have been using primarily to position myself. I almost use it like Doom uses his upper cut/dive in the sense that I use it less for its utility and more for jumping to a teammate who needs healing. I don't know if that's the correct way to use it but given her range is so short for healing it kinda feels that way.

Obviously you want it available for defense when you can help it but sometimes it feels like I have to use that thing to get to who I need to heal.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I've been running dry on healing juice on Moira all night just doing QP.

I've done really well only using the healing orbs on CD and neglecting the damage orb, just playing her like a more offensive shadow priest. You have to be doing RMB damage to get the real healing sustain.

Her ult is really good, and I'm happy with where it's at right now. The make or break moments for me so far have come when I don't aim my healing orbs right. One time I aimed it poorly the point in Nepal and it just wasn't lined up right, bounced off the center pillar and bounced off the point into nothingness and we wiped and never recovered.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 17, 2017

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
I haven't played much moira outside of dumb no limits games, but one thing nobody mentions is that her M1 continues to heal people at a reduced rate for like 3 seconds after she actually hits them. I dunno how much it actually makes a difference, but if you're not currently in battle, you can probably conserve resources by just spritzing people with healing every few seconds to heal them at a slower rate

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
From a dozen games or so of experience, Dva poops so hard on moira it's unreal. You can just be in her face nonstop. She has to hope she can outthink you with fade, or you can just booster into her, melee, and continue holding down lmb

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Overall I haven't noticed any changes in my effectiveness as Mercy with the changes to resurrection, but I do like that it takes a bit more thought and planning to get it right.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Montalvo posted:

Overall I haven't noticed any changes in my effectiveness as Mercy with the changes to resurrection, but I do like that it takes a bit more thought and planning to get it right.

I've seen quite a few try to res in the middle of a fight and get smashed.

What I'm saying is it's great!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Thor-Stryker posted:

I've seen quite a few try to res in the middle of a fight and get smashed.

What I'm saying is it's great!

I love when you find people who didn't bother reading patch notes. Killing them is great. Thanks to the Mercy nerf Overwatch is fun again!

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

My res numbers a Mercy haven't gone down, either. I am spending more time running away, though. Matches end quicker, since I can't suicide dive on a point and res a tank to contest until the rest of the team gets back. Guess that just means other people need to get better. Still the best at healing, and now the game isn't broken.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I opened a loot crate from a level up and it gave me the default skin for Moira as a reward. What the gently caress.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

I opened a loot crate from a level up and it gave me the default skin for Moira as a reward. What the gently caress.

Are you sure it wasn't something like an emote/victory pose/highlight intro? The item model for those will be the character standing in their default skin.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i played as moira for one koth match and it is indescribable how badly i was repulsed by how she plays. all y'all have fun with her but i can immediately tell i want nothing to do with her. it's a shame but so far the only post launch character i've clicked with is orisa. it's ok though she's unpopular enough i get to pretend that she's made just for me.

in other new patch news i took my boy winston out for a spin and lmfao at the health bar for his bubble. like yeah ok it's there for consistency but it's so pointless. either it's up or it's immediately going down or you plunked it and then took off. i played a full gibraltar round and literally only noticed the health bar once and went "oh yeah that's a thing now" and didn't pay attention to it ever again

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
It would be really nice if there was a visual indicator for when Winston's (and sure, Orisa's) shield(s) expire due to time. There's little pulses for visual effect on Winston's shield, just make it like, 3 pulse lines and it expires, or it loses its blue/red hue and turns whitish the closer it is to time-out.

RE: post launch characters; I tend to stick to QM or random heroes, but Sombra to me is just super fun stealthing behind enemy lines, hacking health packs, placing escape teleport-homers next to the hacked packs, and harassing supports until I have ult. I'm probably playing her wrong, but I love denying health packs to the enemy team and blinking away once they think they have me. I'm totally lost with what to do for Ana/Doomfist/Orisa, though.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
low grav mode sucks rear end

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Anyone else find it much more comfortable to swap Moira's right/left click? Feels a lot better for the attack to be left-click, even if it results in a visual mismatch.

I guess they put healing on primary as a way of communicating "you're a healer, don't forget to do that, dummy!".

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Supercar Gautier posted:

Anyone else find it much more comfortable to swap Moira's right/left click? Feels a lot better for the attack to be left-click, even if it results in a visual mismatch.

I guess they put healing on primary as a way of communicating "you're a healer, don't forget to do that, dummy!".

I swapped it on console so L2 = left hand and R2 = right hand. Did the same for Doomfist. It just feels more natural.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

also can she fade while in/away from junk trap/zarya ult?

Nobody answered you, but yes. She got out of my grav's in last nights scrims.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Dodgeball posted:

It would be really nice if there was a visual indicator for when Winston's (and sure, Orisa's) shield(s) expire due to time. There's little pulses for visual effect on Winston's shield, just make it like, 3 pulse lines and it expires, or it loses its blue/red hue and turns whitish the closer it is to time-out.

RE: post launch characters; I tend to stick to QM or random heroes, but Sombra to me is just super fun stealthing behind enemy lines, hacking health packs, placing escape teleport-homers next to the hacked packs, and harassing supports until I have ult. I'm probably playing her wrong, but I love denying health packs to the enemy team and blinking away once they think they have me. I'm totally lost with what to do for Ana/Doomfist/Orisa, though.

Sombra is weak unless you build your team around her ult and that won't ever happen unless you have a dedicated comp team. She's very fun though.

Ana requires too much effort compared to every other support and the fact that she has no escape makes her unfun, but that's just me.

Doomfist is useless, feels useless, I don't think anyone plays him, half of the time his abilities don't do anything and the other half you get to cry about how little damage they do. Why is he even in the game? As a bonus he might have the worst ult in the game.

Orisa is good and fun at least at the middle ranks, I really like advancing with her shield and pulling bad players into pits.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It's really weird, Doomfist is one of those heroes you'd expect to be better in higher ranks where people are more mechanically skilled, but hit hitbox is so small you're better off using him in plat where people are stood in the wrong place more, so even if you miss you can get out.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

So i don't really know how to explain this, but I'm having mechanical trouble with Ana. She's my favorite character by far, but lately I've been having trouble hitting sleeps, scoped shots, and unscoped shots. I've been playing her at 7sens in game with 800dpi, and with a scoped percentage of 50. Last night i tried lowering the sens to 6 with same dpi and the scoped percentage to 40. I had been playing with the previous settings for several months, but I'm finding I'm moving the mouse too far a lot of the times. Hopefully after the break-in period of the new sens settings I'll be a little better able to hit things reliably.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

doomfists punch hitbox nerf was the stupidest decision the devs have ever made, gently caress every single nerd loser who whined about him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

HerraS posted:

doomfists punch hitbox nerf was the stupidest decision the devs have ever made, gently caress every single nerd loser who whined about him

Agreed. He went from the most fun hero this side of Junkrat to someone I forget is even in the game. Bring back vanilla Doomfist.