Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Super No Vacancy posted:

ughhhhhhhh I dunno maybe

If they have a white background when you try to transfer them to X that means they've been formatted for 7th generation and can't be transferred back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they went into ORAS fine so i guess its a move or something

last call for gifting me a gen 6 snorunt get it while its hot

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

dungeon cousin posted:

Oh hey, Tentacool finally gets some...love?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEv8i5gLUz0

rip

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I was super stoked to find out that my store was on the midnight release list and that I had the opportunity to go.
I get to my store, no midnight release.
Fine whatever, they're a Gamestop they don't deserve my money anyway I'll digitally download.
My SD card is too small.
Fine, whatever. I'll buy it in the morning.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I made it to the first PC. It looks like Bank hasn't yet been patched to support US/UM, however.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I am locked with indecision on the screen where you nickname popplio

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

cheetah7071 posted:

name it countblanc

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Countblanc posted:

name it countblanc

done

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Name your starter BOX 1 to match its new home

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

cheetah7071 posted:

Name it Pooplio.
Original, mature and will never become dated.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

ChrisBTY posted:

Name it Pooplio.
Original, mature and will never become dated.
I will not stand for this disrespect of my adorable aquatic son

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Probably asking way too soon, but, does anyone know when you can get Tyrunt/the Jaw Fossil in USUM?
Basically, I just wanna know if it's gated behind postgame content or not.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

the_steve posted:

Probably asking way too soon, but, does anyone know when you can get Tyrunt/the Jaw Fossil in USUM?
Basically, I just wanna know if it's gated behind postgame content or not.

Its at the shop that sells fossils on Melemele. Sun exclusive.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I now have a largely OP team of Giratina (level 1 from the sinjoh ruins), Celebi (level 10 from the bank event), charmander, porygon, and gible all prepared in Bank and ready for hopefully transferring into Ultra Sun if I can get it tomorrow. Starter will of course be popplio this time around

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Petting random NPC pokemon is a game mechanic now.

I've been able to do it to a Rockruff on the early route and Tauros right after the Trainer School.

The important mechanics.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Haifisch posted:

I've been able to do it to a Rockruff on the early route and Tauros right after the Trainer School.

The important mechanics.

Therrs a Pyukumyu pretty soon too.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Haifisch posted:

The important mechanics.

Pokemon... Is good.

First trial captain got a minor buff and now I have to grind though. :(

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zore posted:

Its at the shop that sells fossils on Melemele. Sun exclusive.

drat, guess I have to get my Sun having friend to get cracking so they can send me one.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Haifisch posted:

The important mechanics.

There's a slowpoke in Hau's grandpa's house.

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to curse this thread, where I first read about resetting for starter nature.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

the_steve posted:

drat, guess I have to get my Sun having friend to get cracking so they can send me one.

Or just get one from the GTS. Version exclusives always go pretty fast for their opposite exclusive.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I feel part of my problems with previous games since Black/White is I spent too much time trying to plan out a "perfect" run with figuring out which pokemon come where and what. Well, that and B/W2's story felt rather uninspired and X/Y was a mixture of Team Flare feeling hilariously non-threatening mixed with how much I could not care less about the group of "friends" that welded themselves onto the player character.

Sun/Moon had a much better story but I fell into the trap of over-analyzing the game and getting bored. So I'm avoiding as much as I can. I only have one real question: is Rockruff decently early again? Please say yes: I need to level him up into my favorite adorable psycho werewolf puppy!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Dusk Rockruff is the current Mystery Gift, so it's literally available as soon as you reach a Pokemon Center.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
What's a good nature for Rockruff? Jolly or adamant?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Mesadoram posted:

What's a good nature for Rockruff? Jolly or adamant?

You can breed the special Rockruff to get more so you can do both if you want.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

cheetah7071 posted:

basura

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

cheetah7071 posted:

That's the point where you restart the game and pick the proper starter: Rowlet.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

iospace posted:

That's the point where you restart the game and pick the proper starter: Rowlet.

While I don't deny that Rowlet is the proper starter, using the same thing twice is boring, so I won't blame anyone who picks Litten this time around, as I myself intend to.

Unrelated: can anyone lend me a Timid Ditto? I want to get a good Vulpix for USUM but all my Vulpix/Ninetales and Ditto are of the wrong nature. IVs are unimportant, I have Gold Caps and I also don't particularly care, it's just to play in-game.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

the_steve posted:

I have some spares from when I bred one up for my US run. I could trade it to you later after work.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Emong posted:

You can breed the special Rockruff to get more so you can do both if you want.

That is actually pretty drat awesome. Thank you!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Since we have tutors in USUM, I'm looking forward to moving all my breeding dittos up from ORAS.

Alvarez IV
Aug 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I look forward to doing as is tradition and picking the same kind of team I would have picked when I was seven and just got Yellow for the first time. All three starters, Toucannon, Vikavolt, and Kommo-o ahoy!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Alvarez IV posted:

I look forward to doing as is tradition and picking the same kind of team I would have picked when I was seven and just got Yellow for the first time. All three starters, Toucannon, Vikavolt, and Kommo-o ahoy!

make 7 year old you really happy and put all moves of the same type on each pokemon

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Bongo Bill posted:

I made it to the first PC. It looks like Bank hasn't yet been patched to support US/UM, however.
Oh no my shiny mawile is stuck. Maybe it's a good thing my game is still is transit.

EDIT: Also how do you get the rockruff?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

I'm happy that you can finally get Murkrow during the early game. I admit that I let Rowlet defeat everything just to get to the cementery before 6:00 AM

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
So how lat are move tutors introduced? Also, isn’t there any access so the magnetic evolution area sooner than before?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Geostomp posted:

So how lat are move tutors introduced? Also, isn’t there any access so the magnetic evolution area sooner than before?

First of them are on the first island, and you now can evolve magnetic pokemon at the power plant on the third island.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Can you trade yourself your own Pokemon from the regular ole Sun/Moon games somehow? Or like, is that not possible? I have a team of 6 level 1 dudes bred just for Ultra Sun and now I can't use em :/

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Can you trade yourself your own Pokemon from the regular ole Sun/Moon games somehow? Or like, is that not possible? I have a team of 6 level 1 dudes bred just for Ultra Sun and now I can't use em :/

I'm about to go impulse buy US. I'll trade em back and forth for you. I have a shiny Vulpix that I hatched on Moon that I want to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I'm assuming you can, granted you have a copy of both games and a spare system to trade them on.

e: or a friend.