Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

So two of these can recur each other forever, and if you can make at least UUU1 with two permanents you can do it infinitely. Time to stock up on High Tide and Gilded Lotus

e: quote for the new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
This should be posted every page.

https://twitter.com/nanikuzu/status/931207057901940736

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The foil version should just be a full art very cryptic command.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When it comes down to it, this doesn't even look that good in limited.

Choose two-
Double Burst of Energy
Mostly Mana Short that hits tokens and maybe a couple other creatures
Tolarian Winds
Call to Mind

is a pretty hard sell, even if it had a mana cost that didn't force you to bend around it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Pharohman777 posted:

The foil version should just be a full art very cryptic command.

I was hoping it had no rules text and you had to look up what it did

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I read the comments. I do it every time. Why?

I guess to get some blazing hot takes.

Coincidentally but unsurprisingly I've banned that guy in every Twitch chat I mod that he's ever showed up in and he's deserved every one.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

suicidesteve posted:

I read the comments. I do it every time. Why?

I guess to get some blazing hot takes.

Coincidentally but unsurprisingly I've banned that guy in every Twitch chat I mod that he's ever showed up in and he's deserved every one.

I think you need something more effective than a button labeled: "ban."

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Star Man posted:

Twitch has yet to implement the "euthanize" button for mods.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Star Man posted:

I'd be so happy if I could shadow ban people.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Have you considered dynamite?

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
This whole thing weirded me out at first, because I legitimately couldn't tell that Spike was a woman in that art. I thought it was just a rather androgynous looking dude. Meh, art's cool, and it's nice they finished the cycle.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

draft tonight was stupid for me. p1p1 foil horizon canopy. wound up being naya burn, pretty sure i was the only red drafter. 3-0.

2x Monastary Swiftspear
2x Pillar of Flame
1x Lightning Helix
2x Borderland Maurader
2x Fireball
2x Heatray
1x Fury Charm
2x Guttersnipe
1x Kiln Fiend
1x Seeker of the Way
3x Splatter Thug
2x Battle Rattle Shaman
1x Prey's Vengeance
1x Heroe's Bane (really wasnt sure on this card but felt I needed a mana sink for a plan B)
1x Savageborn Hydra

land was 10 mountain, 2 forest, 1 plains, 1 horizon canopy, 1 boros garrison and 1 gruul turf.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Jenx posted:

Meh, art's cool, and it's nice they finished the cycle.

The cycle won't be finished until we have Vorthos (red) and Melvin (white)!

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

The cycle won't be finished until we have Vorthos (red) and Melvin (white)!

Nah those are different. Timmy, Johny and Spike are how people specifically play the game. Vorthos and Melvin are different. But yeah, we should have had those as cards anyway.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

what happens if i use more is less to change krark's other thumb to "roll two dice and ignore zero of those results"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

President Ark posted:

what happens if i use more is less to change krark's other thumb to "roll two dice and ignore zero of those results"

why not just use more or less to make "rolle three dice" instead

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm sure there's a good reason for it, but I've always been a little surprised that dice rolls aren't part of the main game. But it's probably wiser to minimize luck as a factor in these games.

President Ark posted:

I would guess you take the sum of your rolls. I see it as "instead of rolling one die, roll two dice and ignore one. Then do ___ equal to the rolled value"

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Kurtofan posted:

Use More or Less to make Hammer Jammer give +2/+1 counters

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

because gently caress you, that's why

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The real question is where am I going to find a seven-sided die?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Devor posted:

Use More or Less to make Hammer Jammer give +2/+1 counters

Oh poo poo then they don't get removed next time you roll a die.Nice .

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

I would also like to point out that Sword of Dungeons & Dragons rolls a d20 and Hammer Jammer doesn't care about the kind of die being rolled.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I would also like to point out that Sword of Dungeons & Dragons rolls a d20 and Hammer Jammer doesn't care about the kind of die being rolled.

so you get that going and then use more or less to change the counters it gains to +2/+1 or +1/+2 which will go on it permanently since it only removes +1/+1 counters and get a 28/14 creature :getin:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I read the spoiler for Iconic Masters when it was first released, but I don't remember much of it except Mana Drain and one other rare. I'm doing tonight's draft (mostly) unspoiled for maximum nostalgia factor.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

The real question is where am I going to find a seven-sided die?

random.org

-------

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Elyv posted:

random.org

-------

Not sure that Fenoxo was the right pick for the Designer Cards reboot

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
finally, the spy kids 2 reference i've been waiting for

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Here's yet another odd little thing to pack in your backpack before going to an unstable draft just in case you need it. Couple other random booster packs from sets that had good creatures, check. Some good banned/restricted cards (preferably black, colorless, blue, or red), check. A piece of notebook paper listing every creature keyword that has ever been printed in Magic history? Check.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Elyv posted:

random.org

-------

"Greetings Mr. Rosewater, may I ask why Willing Test Subject is portrayed as a female, when only about 1% of professional scientists are girls, it's not honest to make people feel included in a representation of a professional base they don't belong."

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I don't get the jokes here

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Rigel posted:

Here's yet another odd little thing to pack in your backpack before going to an unstable draft just in case you need it. Couple other random booster packs from sets that had good creatures, check. Some good banned/restricted cards (preferably black, colorless, blue, or red), check. A piece of notebook paper listing every creature keyword that has ever been printed in Magic history? Check.

or maybe don't tryhard silver border

best keywords:
protection from everything
annihilator 6
denimwalk

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Islandhome!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

*wotc lead designer voice* i'm loving all these unique designs and clever jokes, but can we make sure to include some poo poo Absolutely Nobody Wants?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Rigel posted:

Don't forget your tree lands.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
next on the list for unstable spoilers: it's just demolish again

President Ark
May 16, 2010

triple strike, infect, exalted, and your favorite evasion keyword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Rigel posted:

Hexproof, triple strike, shadow, infect