Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Please let Spell Cascade work with totems so I can play maximum 1812 Overture build with 4 Flameblast Totem Hierophant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Fairly confident I just won the ssf hc saboteur alt art demi

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

What build?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

GC Mines https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rodent1/characters?characterName=Rodent_

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

TheRat posted:

grats buddy

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

TheRat posted:

grats!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

TheRat posted:

/played?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

4 days 6 hours, about 10 hours or so afk

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheRat posted:

Grats man.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

TheRat posted:

4 days 6 hours, about 10 hours or so afk

more than 50% of your past week has been playing path of exile for an alternate art standard item

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

more than 50% of your past week has been playing path of exile for an alternate art standard item

I can live with that

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

The only reaction I can have to that is "gently caress, I wish I had that kind of spare time nowadays".

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Elentor posted:

The only reaction I can have to that is "gently caress, I wish I had that kind of spare time nowadays".

Goddamned :same:.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Elentor posted:

yeah same

im still level 78 with an iceshot raider :shobon:

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
This VP business is giving me hope there's a lot more going on with the sphere grid. Slayer is the ascendancy that is focused on leech, and VP has been retooled to be a leech buff and put in the duelist area. I'm expecting to see a node up at the top of the tree that does something similar with ES, maybe sacrificing some recharge delay for instant ES leech or something. If they don't give other classes some similar options for their flavors then I don't even know what to say except "have fun going Slayer".

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
this means they will also have to nerf Bloodseeker for Zerkers :rip:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
"Doubled" sounds like a more multiplier, which is completely nutso on top of slayer leech. I might respec in and out of VP between mapping and labbing, as regular slayer leech is itself nutso in lab.

Also, I've suddenly had a question: do anyone use Acrobatics and Mind over Matter together? While they're far apart on the tree, they're not that far apart, and there are no anti-synergies in place (unlike say CI and Acro).

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am very excited for the VP change. I did not like zerker/vp being so insanely good, and I hate VP in general because I like to run lab.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
GGG haven't said anything new about the previously-mentioned 'saving your hideout across leagues' functionality, have they?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Pretty sure they said on Reddit in the past month or so that hideout updates are still a work in progress

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Ixjuvin posted:

GGG haven't said anything new about the previously-mentioned 'saving your hideout across leagues' functionality, have they?

Yeah Chris posted on reddit a few days ago that they are being worked on but will not be part of the initial 3.1 release.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
1. Does Dark Pact Zerker have a much harder time with sustainability now?
2. How's Scorching Ray/Flameblast, anyways? Is there a good build for it that isn't Templar? I just... I can't handle the Templar shoulders

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jinnigan posted:

2. How's Scorching Ray/Flameblast, anyways? Is there a good build for it that isn't Templar? I just... I can't handle the Templar shoulders

1. yes
2. good / probably witch

J
Jun 10, 2001

Jinnigan posted:

1. I don't think I'd want to play dark pact berserker without instant leech. Plus I'd wait for 3.1 patch notes to see if dark pact gets nerfed.
2. Scorching ray can be played as trickster as well, example here. Mathil also made a trickster guide that doesn't use RF with a somewhat different skill tree but the overall theme is the same. Melt poo poo with SR, against anything tough drop orb of storms to activate elemental equilibrium and elemental overload. Dodge around with shield charge as needed.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I don't know how I feel about the new Melee Splash-esque gem.

I feel like it's objectively worse than Melee Splash unless you're dealing with two or three targets.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Seems like it would synergize really well with melee splash though, or better yet slayer's impact.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

It also might interact differently with skills like wild strike, molten strike, frost blades that launch projectiles. If all 3 instances of the attack trigger those instead of just the initial hit, that’d help build a niche.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I'm kind of excited to gently caress around with the new necro skills, might do my league starter as some horrible poo poo build vomiting corpses all over, teleporting to them and exploding, and then causing volcanoes to pop out.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

this means they will also have to nerf Bloodseeker for Zerkers :rip:

Yea , a lower base damage weapon is a small price to pay to get to keep 100% leech + insta leech. Its the difference between leeching 200k health per second, or 20% of max life (so 1.5k life per second).

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I really want to see how a Nghamu Cyclone with Cast on Melee Kill Cremation strapped to it would work.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Keru posted:

I really want to see how a Nghamu Cyclone with Cast on Melee Kill Cremation strapped to it would work.

that but with cast on melee kill bodyswap :getin:

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Flickerstrike - Cast on Melee Kill - Bodyswap

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
COMK Volatile Dead seems interesting too. The volatile orbs even bunch up behind you if you don't need them when they spawn, which means if you hit a hump (rare mob) they'll get you over it.

The March Hare posted:

oh god

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
What's a good Mayhem-friendly build to run if I plan to play the race co-op with my friend who's playing an ED/Contagion Occultist?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Attorney at Funk posted:

What's a good Mayhem-friendly build to run if I plan to play the race co-op with my friend who's playing an ED/Contagion Occultist?

Your friend will lower the chaos res of all the enemies around him, so maybe dark pact berserker?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

An aurabot or curse bot can help a ton with survivability

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

The March Hare posted:

I think I just threw up a little bit.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ED/Contagion really doesn't get much out of aurabots though, at least offensively.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
So with tonnes of 6L shaped/elder items in slots that arent normally 6L, as well as that 5L ring, i've been thinking of what good uses for all these links going to be. You have your aoe skill and your single target skill on two 6L, but then you have a few more to fill up.

Ideas:
- Could you do a herald autobomber build while simultaneously self casting some kind of spell/doing some kind of elemental attack build?
- Summoners can now benefit from 6L zombies/spectres/animated weapons/skeleton mages all at the same time.
- Maybe Vaal attacks/spells will actually be useful rather than just taking vaal haste? If you can afford to 6L some kind of vaal attack/spell in addition to your normal single target/aoe abilties.
- You can 6L a totem to drop on bosses, even if you arent a totem build.
- Would it be worth actually using the riposte/reckoning/vengeance gems if they are 6 linked? Imagine a high block melee character could get quite a damage boost out of that. Alternatively you could throw utility gems like blind on hit, curse on hit for pseudo blasphemy without mana reservation, life leech/life on hit on them.
- Probably quite a few interesting things you could do with a 6L cast when stunned or cast when damage taken or four of them.

Applebee123 fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The March Hare posted:

Things I never thought I'd say: thank god for the Cast on X internal cooldowns