Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

new phone who dis posted:

The point I'm making is that you can quote the Europe model as much as you want, but a much better measuring stick for what socialized healthcare would look like in the US is the already existing socialized healthcare in the US. You would probably see worse shortages of resources in a 100% all-in public option than somewhere like the VA.

so lift the residency caps, it's not like there is a shortage of people who want to become doctors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Because it's beneficiaries get to take advantage of a pay-for-play healthcare system with all the bells and whistles as part of an exclusive group who doesn't have to contribute significantly to it.

What, old people? You know how Medicare works right you have to have paid into it otherwise it costs money.

It's the difference between getting a fast pass ticket at Disneyland as it is today vs. opening the park for free to the public all the time.

Yeah you don't understand how risk pools and insurance works. :shrug:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Free Disney? gently caress YEAAAAH! Wait would this mean lessers would get to see Elsa? No no no that can't stand!

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

my main take away is SA poster new phone who dis would rather continue letting people go into bankruptcy or die from lack of preventative care than be inconvenienced in the slightest by poors while in a waiting room

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
MAGA

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

COMRADES posted:

What, old people? You know how Medicare works right you have to have paid into it otherwise it costs money.

Yeah you don't understand how risk pools and insurance works.

I understand perfectly how having the federal government as your sole client works. I work in the defense industry. Do you think the US being the sole entity contracting with these companies for certain products is keeping the cost down? Because LOL if so.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i mean he works in the defense industry so it was already established he is a terrible person and 100% apart of the problem

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
just lol if daou hasn't blocked you on twittwr

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

you see i work in the defense industry and providing healthcare for all the citizens of a nation is just like the endless f-35 grift

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I think it's important for you all to realize I am now posting on a computer with a keyboard. You realize that means I am more capable to post more often and more! YAAAAY longer more well thought out posts arriving in a timely manner is very important when it comes to these types of threads. Like have you ever tried properly being rude and dismissive to someone on a tablet? Yeah it's so much more work but those dark times are gone now! Maybe I shouldn't have bought this though seeing as I have yet to figure out how much my insurance is going to cost. If only I could have pretend insurance that covers nothing but allows me to give plenty of money, that'd be great.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Percelus posted:

you see i work in the defense industry and providing healthcare for all the citizens of a nation is just like the endless f-35 grift

It absolutely would be. You would have to nationalize the surrounding industries to even have a chance at not getting gouged. Any industry that interacts with the government sees it as a giant idiot to be fleeced.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The more manufacturers of dragon dildos the cheaper the dildos become. A fact. What is the cost though? What corners have been cut to get you that dirt cheap dragon dildo? Like silicone ain't free you know? Less silicone will make for a less durable dildo. Why stop there? Cheaper materials exist. See we don't want cheaper dildos for our troops. Besides my friend (he gave me a wagon load, and new hardwood floors) manufactures the best quality american made dildos ever! We can buy from my friend. We should buy from my friend. Best dildos. Oh sweet my shipment just came and soon I will too.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It absolutely would be. You would have to nationalize the surrounding industries to even have a chance at not getting gouged. Any industry that interacts with the government sees it as a giant idiot to be fleeced.

Full communism now

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Blue Train posted:

Full communism now

this guy gets it

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

haha

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Someone please buy moridin his av back

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Everyone that's sick or might get sick should just die alone at home in their beds and then health insurance will be cheaper for everyone else.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
0 dollar copay for suicide booths

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

We Know Catheters posted:

I can see his posts when they are on here. I'm just sad I can't respond to him anymore. He didn't like me implying he wanted to gently caress Hillary.

id like to gently caress hillary :mrgw:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

It's not any worse than the health industry as it is now or as it was before the ACA, honestly.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Have Blue posted:

0 dollar copay for suicide booths

suicide still illegal so you're arrested after flopping lifeless out of the booth

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Blast of Confetti posted:

suicide still illegal so you're arrested after flopping lifeless out of the booth

your corpse is then used for prison labor, serving as a footrest in Hillary's mansion. luckily you are regularly dusted and vacuumed by the living laborers

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Vargs posted:

your corpse is then used for prison labor, serving as a footrest in Hillary's mansion. luckily you are regularly dusted and vacuumed by the living laborers

Your next of kin are billed for the upkeep* of your corpse indefinitely.

*Upkeep may not be very good, or happen at all, but the billing will continue regardless.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

the milk machine posted:

just lol if daou hasn't blocked you on twittwr

I don't use twitter, does that count?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Who smeared D&D all over my GBS again? Clean up after yourself.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Clinton turned the DNC into her personal money laundering organization. Just like every other organization she was involved with. lmao. People were surprised by this.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

:discourse: :discourse: :discourse: :discourse: :discourse: :discourse: :discourse:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

only a fringe group of self-described democrats are defending franken at all, so as much as i loathe the dnc for being a center right corporate whoring corrupt institution i can't laugh at the dems as a group for franken if anything they showed why as bad as they are the republicans are always worse in the handling of this scandal

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Franken is clearly not even touching her in that picture

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Lets lol at the dems while the gop openly support a pedophile and tax rape of their citizens

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Tonetta posted:

Lets lol at the dems while the gop openly support a pedophile and tax rape of their citizens

:henget:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I'm the tax increase on everyone making under 75k

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I'm also median household income rose to $56,516 in 2015, up 5.2% from a year earlier, according to data released by the U.S. Census Bureau Tuesday.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Avirosb posted:

I don't use twitter, does that count?

i'll allow it

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/931527719673876480

The irony dimension...becoming stronger by the day...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Blue Train posted:

I'm the tax increase on everyone making under 75k

Need those private plane tax cuts

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tonetta posted:

lol at both?

COMRADES has issued a correction as of 18:51 on Nov 17, 2017

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Huh weird that sounds exactly like how providers view insurance companies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Terry McAuliffe just waved at me :aaa:

• Locked thread