Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

She was married to Dan Harmon for about a year.

learning that was one of the saddest things I ever learned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The saddest part was watching it all happen in real time. The relationship was incredibly toxic from the beginning. When Harmontown went on tour, they had one or two breakup-worthy fights on-stage in front of a live audience. They must have thought that getting married would save the relationship.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Protip: the Harmontown episode with The Doughboys as guests is :discourse: . Also the reason I got into this dumb show about two goofs eating food in the first place.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Harmontown can be really interesting, but Dan does that Pete Holmes thing where he'll believe some truly dumb poo poo in the name of being open-minded.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
the shrimp episode was peak doughboys for sure.

my favorite part was the waitress saying "oh, that's funny" when one of the HH guys (despite listening to the show i can't tell them apart) said he ate 69 shrimp

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Know Such Peace posted:

She was married for a month or two, took an extended vacation to Ireland, and came back to find that Dan Harmon had not bathed for several weeks. He thought it was cute that a grown man couldn’t function as an adult while his wife was away. She didn’t feel the same way.

Are there any specific episodes that dig into it? I'd love to hear more specifics like this.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Are there any specific episodes that dig into it? I'd love to hear more specifics like this.

The whole first few years of Harmontown feature this slow moving train wreck. Episode 33 is the main on stage fight, if for some reason you'd want to hear that. The fact that Dan stinks and never showers is kind of a minor reason they broke up imo. He always stank. They had real personal reasons they shouldn't have gotten married and continuously made those reasons public on multiple podcasts, which is itself a reason not to get married I think.

Edit: 163 is the episode where she comes back to his stinky butt, and it's really loving awkward. You also have to sit through an annoying autism author to get "rewarded" with their awkwardness.

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 29, 2017

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The rumor is also that Dan was getting too friendly with Cody Heller, who I believe he is still in a relationship with. Harmon and McGathy were both in new relationships suspiciously quickly after the marriage imploded.

If I remember correctly, Erin made an episode of TFT about the wedding, took a hiatus, and the next episode she had Dan on to talk about getting divorced. The whole situation was weird.

vedicardi
Oct 17, 2012

little munchkin posted:

the shrimp episode was peak doughboys for sure.

my favorite part was the waitress saying "oh, that's funny" when one of the HH guys (despite listening to the show i can't tell them apart) said he ate 69 shrimp

hayes has the SLIGHTLY deeper voice

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Hayes has cleaner mannerisms that were picked up from his Boston-area education. Sean has a rougher edge to his voice from clawing his way up the ranks at UCB.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

today's drop was my favorite kind of drop

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

finally got around to listening to the Double with Mitch's mom and it's so great that I actually emailed it to my mom :)

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Claim to fame: you can hear me faintly shout ONE QUARTER PORTION to Nick, I will claim that applause break for myself.

EDIT: Fair
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 7, 2017

cams
Mar 28, 2003

caligulamprey posted:

Claim to fame: you can hear me faintly shout ONE QUARTER PORTION to Nick, I will claim that applause break for myself.
gross

edit: one of my favorite things about comedy podcasts is hearing professional comedians out themselves as having embarassing grasps of science or history

mitch delivers big in this ep

cams fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 7, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Susser's "... you mean a mexican standoff?" is the best line of the entire podcast

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
Love how Portland crowds apparently constantly just yeah "AAAAAAA" instead of cheering or clapping or whatever

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats
Mitch, as Nick, asking if "schools not in session or what?" is a new top 5 doughboys moment for me. What a funny podcast :)

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The crowd erupting into “SALAD!” was incredible.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Is this a live you all went to or is it on a double?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Drunkboxer posted:

Is this a live you all went to or is it on a double?

It's the most recent double.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

lmao if you didn't get a text from Bug Mane's lawyers

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Are all the live shows as good as the Seattle one because good lord thats a good Ep

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Susser did much better in the Seattle EP vs. the Portland one. Probably a bit less nervous.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Work Friend Keven posted:

Are all the live shows as good as the Seattle one because good lord thats a good Ep

Come for the Frasier discussion, stay because there's yet more Frasier discussion.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Not as good, but close. I bet the Vancouver one is even better because the show gets better with tension and Vancouver is tense city.

mennoknight fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 17, 2017

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats
The Seattle ep was really topnotch. This is what a live podcast ep should be.

Smells Like Preteen Spirit 🤤🤤

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the 7-Eleven live ep from last summer with Fran Gillespie is great

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Doughboys are one of the few podcast that the live shows are as good as the regular episodes. This is probably due to their improv background.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
I was ready to angrily tweet at the boys for how wrong they are about Dick's but their review was fair and perfectly accurate

The dude from the audience they had on for the challenge was an absolute tool, though.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

The dude from the audience they had on for the challenge was an absolute tool, though.

the number one rule of live podcasts is to never, ever, ever let your audience participate unless they are a plant.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

on the how did this get made with the doughboys, they went to audience questions after like half an hour, so that was all i heard of it.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I tweeted them to get rid of half fork ratings. Primarily because Dicks should be platinum plate club.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
Is in-n-out Platinum? If not I could see Wiges spite-rating Dick's lower

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Wiger gave Dicks 5 forks.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I went to Dicks once (quite drunk) while visiting friends in Seattle and I agree that it's a five forker.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

New episode of Jon Gabrus’ High and Mighty features Nick Wiger, Nicole Byer, and some other guys playing power hour live. It’s already a must listen but...

At the end of the episode, they take turns saying something they’ve never admitted out loud. And what Nick says causes Nicole to snatch her own weave, Gabrus to rip his shirt off, and the crowd to yell as loud as I’ve ever heard at UCB. The ep drops tomorrow. It’s an insane admission and maybe not a joke?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Mitch knew.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Gonna have to dip back in for that shiz.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

holy poo poo, the acoustics at the ucb sunset are garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMP
May 5, 2009

For anyone who doesn't want to listen:

he can suck his own dick.