Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'll probably shell out for BRB if he's offered again too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So I downloaded Future Fight. And the game seems fun, even if I have no idea what I'm doing.
Where is a good place to start. The game is offering me free characters and things. Which ones should I take?
Do I focus on playing the story mode, or is it like Avengers Assemble where I should do the tie in events when they are up?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

The Question IRL posted:

So I downloaded Future Fight. And the game seems fun, even if I have no idea what I'm doing.
Where is a good place to start. The game is offering me free characters and things. Which ones should I take?
Do I focus on playing the story mode, or is it like Avengers Assemble where I should do the tie in events when they are up?

Future Fight has a good thread here. Sharon Rogers is a good choice for your hero's journey focus, for the rest take a look there. There's a lot of room for personal preference but some are vastly better than others especially once you can tier 2 them with costumes which will take a couple of months depending if you spend anything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, Future Fight is a lot of fun, and is actually pretty generous in some ways. Always do your dailies as the diamonds you get some them are really useful. Don't forget to do the side stuff, especially arena and villain seiges. Don't worry if you die in the arena all the time, you'll still get reward tokens and the characters you can get from those battles are all worth it. Captain Marvel and Else Bloodstone in particular, though people seem to love Lash too.

The thing to do at the start is focus on getting the characters you want to 6 stars and level 60, which is easier for some than others, but being able to push forward in the story will help you deal with the other stuff. Don't even worry about World Bosses outside of dailies because you'll get smoked, but all you need to do is attempt to get the quest complete.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’m getting a bit burnt out on Academy. I wanted Ares so I shelled out for Valkyrie, but even with that Korg's kicking my rear end and it takes forever to upgrade attack and health. I’m not opposed to the FtP model in general but this game is particularly brutal for it, even if you are a whale there’s no guarantee you’re going to get a drat thing

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gladiator Hulk is more important I think because he boosts your pickaxe rate or something.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Gladiator Hulk is more important I think because he boosts your pickaxe rate or something.

I bought both gladiator hulk (who boosts your pickaxes from 3 to 5 I think) and Valkyrie and they are kind of disappointing. Both are capped at skill level 5 this week (I was dumb and sharded their combat skills). With them two and Odin at 5, Korg streaks 4-6 are taking three battles at 6 pickaxes each, and thats including some luck to get some swings in the turn the boss kills me. I did the first two Korgs before I had grandmaster so I missed out on 2 Ares helms which means I get to do streaks 8 9 and 10 or pay 300 shards for each streak I skip.

Odin can go over 5 once you have Gamemaster, and Loki can go over 5 but his stat growth sucks. He's required for the Gladiatorial Training quest line though.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 6, 2017

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Is there a goon alliance for Contest of Champions that is still active?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Punisher is on sale in Academy today.

For $19.99 USD :lol:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spoiler time again.

Characters for next event, who are still not X-Men, are: Howard the Duck, Firebird, and Throg (frog Thor.)

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Aphrodite posted:

Spoiler time again.

Characters for next event, who are still not X-Men, are: Howard the Duck, Firebird, and Throg (frog Thor.)

Firebird? Jesus, that's a deep loving cut. Who's next? Cybermancer? Dr. Druid? Eros? Two Gun Kid?

I will give them all of my money if it's Darkhawk.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
D-Man and Forbush man next event. Seriously, wtf the christmas event being some lame z lister event?

But it is surprising that they haven't added x-men, i'd buy everything to make sure i got the x-men.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The next event will end before Christmas.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

The next event will end before Christmas.

current event has 12 more days, so that ends on dec 1st, assuming the next event starts friday like normal that means it will run at least until the end of the month, unless its one of those short events they do sometimes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

current event has 12 more days, so that ends on dec 1st, assuming the next event starts friday like normal that means it will run at least until the end of the month, unless its one of those short events they do sometimes.

If it only has 3 characters, it’s going to be a mini event

Possibility it has a few non-voiced though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

New mobile game coming in 2018 announced:
https://marvelstrikeforce.com/

Expect its cancellation in 2019 or so.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm surprised the mini-event isn't Runaways. Doesn't that come out this week?

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

New mobile game coming in 2018 announced:
https://marvelstrikeforce.com/

Expect its cancellation in 2019 or so.

I love the "actual gameplay" footage is just power animation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well it sounds turn based so that probably is 90% of it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've got enough with MAA and Future Fight, not to mention DC legends and Galaxy of Heroes, and then we're getting animal crossing, I don't have time for another game.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Playing Future Fight reminds me of how much I miss Avengers Alliance

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Playing Future Fight reminds me of how much I miss Avengers Alliance

When you compare what the game started ad (a Flash based Facebook game to tie into the Avengers movie) to what it ended up becoming it is astonishing. That game was too beautiful for this world.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

The Question IRL posted:

When you compare what the game started ad (a Flash based Facebook game to tie into the Avengers movie) to what it ended up becoming it is astonishing. That game was too beautiful for this world.

It let me become friends with comic book perverts like myself, truly, a good game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You guys have some serious stockholm syndrome

I miss it too

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

You guys have some serious stockholm syndrome

I miss it too

We never got Jubilee or Namor! And so many character never got alt costumes.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

It would be awesome if the source code was dumped somewhere so we could replay all of it. Or better yet, if they took the concept and made a new full featured game out of it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey wow, the requirements for Thor actually look reasonable, I might be able to get him.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Its been nice to finally level up Thor in this event too, although its required one of those globe generators

Chavez is having a time though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

Hey wow, the requirements for Thor actually look reasonable, I might be able to get him.

I like how Heimdall has 2 Bounces, one that's 2 minutes long, and a 4 hour one to recruit Thor. I'm curious what you need for Beta Ray Bill though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Characters usually have a shorter quest version of their actions that's only available when you require it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I like how Heimdall has 2 Bounces, one that's 2 minutes long, and a 4 hour one to recruit Thor. I'm curious what you need for Beta Ray Bill though.

Beta Ray Bill is from getting the premium costumes this time around. Ragnarok hulk, this weeks enchantress, and the iron man and falcon costumes. He ranks up from tons of coins.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I got Thor but I don’t see myself upgrading him. As long as I can get Valkyrie to L5 so I don’t have to spend 100k in coins later I’ll be satisfied here though

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

...hm

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The interview has another vague hint that it might be X-men next but probably isn't.

We'd know in about 3 weeks when the postings go up on Voices.com.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Odd that they mention an undersea school and another space school. They name dropped Atlantis before but I don't think they have the rights to Namor and even if they did, who else would you even use? Namorita and ?

The space one is especially weird too since they've done two guardian events, Attilan, and just finished Thor, so who else is there? Nova Corps is all I can think of but Sam was released in the GotG2 one.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Retro Futurist posted:

Odd that they mention an undersea school and another space school. They name dropped Atlantis before but I don't think they have the rights to Namor and even if they did, who else would you even use? Namorita and ?

The space one is especially weird too since they've done two guardian events, Attilan, and just finished Thor, so who else is there? Nova Corps is all I can think of but Sam was released in the GotG2 one.

They appear to be going into super deep cuts now, so at a minimum space could be Quasar, other Quasar, Moondragon, Eros, Troll, Starhawk, Kismet (that'd be fun; I liked the model they used in GotG2 event) Gladiator, and, for extra fun, the Starjammers.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maybe they'll just go all in and have the secret space and ocean schools be X-Men schools and that's where they've been hiding

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just give me the X-Men Tinyco. Just a dozen X-Men events in a row, occasionally broken up by movie events.

Do it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Howard is the only character that I would even think of buying, good job on getting another :10bux: from me TinyCo.

I was hoping for X-men, I was expecting some Z lister event, so I'm okay with it being Pet Avengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Strike Force is out now too, but I haven’t been able to get in yet and I’m not sure the servers are running yet

• Locked thread