Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

ded posted:

Officers don't get NAMs son.

Hahahaha. Sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

ded posted:

Officers don't get NAMs son. COM or better.

O-5 and below can be awarded NAMs, I believe. But apparently for anything done while flying, they go for Air Medals (which I didn't even realize was a thing.)

Anyway.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Every officer or Chief I knew got a COM if they got anything at all.

Your mileage may vary.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/931620612098977792

:thunk:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Huck looks like she's losing weight from all of the stress.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Is it sexist to comment on her mustache? Just don't want to eat a ban you know...

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ManMythLegend posted:

Hahahaha. Sure.

Pft only officers that ever got them on my boat were the brand new ensigns.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I assure you that every major command has an awards matrix that correlates rank with organisational position and spits out an award level. Generally that means divisional authority=NAM, departmental authority=COM, higher=MSM.

Of course none of that matters because non-valorous awards are generally meaningless.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The military is stupid.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

cowboy elvis posted:

The military is stupid.

Always a current event.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Meaningless for the most part yeh. Helps enlisted with promotions via the points they are worth however. Like the fact the idiot CS left my NAM off my points and I missed E-5 by 0.04. Captain poo poo all over him for that and got it recounted.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

quote:

One source familiar with Kushner's testimony before congressional intelligence committees said he specifically denied, under oath, that he was familiar with any attempts by WikiLeaks to contact the campaign. But, according to the source, Kushner was sent an email by Trump Jr. about his conversations on Twitter with WikiLeaks, which were first disclosed by the Atlantic this week. Kushner forwarded an email about the WikiLeaks conversations to communications director Hope Hicks, the source said. A second source familiar with Kushner's testimony did not dispute that account.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kushner-failed-disclose-outreach-putin-ally-trump-campaign-n822021

I mean, AG Sessions has years and years of goodwill in Congress, from people in Congress knowing him, so he automatically gets a pass for lying under oath. Kushner ain't got poo poo. Does he get the same pass? Probably. I wouldn't bet money on it though!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Sarah Huckleberry Sanders looks like she cooks exclusively with Paula Deen recipes.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Only way to keep her brothers away from her.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

An hour or two before shutting down Battlefront 2 microtransactions, EA got a reportedly unpleasant phone call from Bob Iger.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

shame on an IGA posted:

An hour or two before shutting down Battlefront 2 microtransactions, EA got a reportedly unpleasant phone call from Bob Iger.

"If you gently caress up my movie premier I will cut your throat with a butter knife and drink your blood in front of your wife and kids I swear to God!"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

yessssssssssssssssssssssssss

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
In the wise words of South Park Mitch McConnell: "I don't know anything I'm just a turtle"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

Drawing a caricature of the president in the sky takes talent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.f2418f102da1

quote:

As the photographs of the skywriting circulated online Friday morning, more than 100 people sent stories about the incident to Maximilian Uriarte, a Marine Corps veteran who draws the popular military-themed web comic “Terminal Lance.” Drawing male genitalia is a running joke in his comic. Doing so, he said, is a way that service members joke around with one another in what is still a hyper-masculine culture.

“I don’t know how much the culture of these pilots is embroiled in inappropriate things, but I think that drawing a penis is just meant to be funny,” he said. “For some reason, when you get into a situation where you need to draw something, it’s always a penis.”

He paused for a second.

“I’d love to offer real insight on this,” he said. “But I don’t know that there is much to be had.”

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

speak of the devil dawg hey ohhhhhh :rimshot:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

..... I mean she's right. Probably not what she meant, but correct.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Netflix bought 8 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3tkFOtM6go

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

I'm about 4-5 episodes in, and this is way better than it has any right to be. It's good poo poo.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Watching this after I finish punisher

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

M_Gargantua posted:

Watching this after I finish punisher

oh poo poo that came out today didn't it?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Duke Chin posted:

oh poo poo that came out today didn't it?

They sent out a really obnoxious email today saying as much

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
just lol if you sign up for email alerts or don't immediately block them/unsubscribe

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Looks like fake twitter accounts are springing up to accuse democratic senators of sexual harassment/assault.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-twitter-account-with-two-fake-ids-accused-a-democrat-of-assault-then-pro-trump-sites-ran-with-it

Though I imagine Cole will want Sen Blumenthal to resign just to be on the safe side.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Honestly the only ethical course of action left for Twitter and Facebook is to voluntarily suspend operations until they can address the bot issue.

Not that any one can at this point. You can conceivably set up an entire network of bots that do nothing but tweet at each other inanities generated from a word base of democratic and moderate senator names and sexual assault victim's statements and keep the base fed with red meat and unsubstantiated accusations for years and years to come.

And the best part is 99.999% of people don't give a poo poo. They don't care about rampant scripts and automation deciding 90% of the content they see, they don't care their kids are viewing toy reviews instead of playing, and they don't give a gently caress about message integrity or accuracy. Convenience killed us, we just can't register that we are dead yet.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
still waiting for someone to fund my liberal commie, anti-trump, anti-russia botnet

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

They sent out a really obnoxious email today saying as much

I turned you into a bottle opener you simulation son of a bitch!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Immanentized posted:

Honestly the only ethical course of action left for Twitter and Facebook is to voluntarily suspend operations until they can address the bot issue.

Not that any one can at this point. You can conceivably set up an entire network of bots that do nothing but tweet at each other inanities generated from a word base of democratic and moderate senator names and sexual assault victim's statements and keep the base fed with red meat and unsubstantiated accusations for years and years to come.

And the best part is 99.999% of people don't give a poo poo. They don't care about rampant scripts and automation deciding 90% of the content they see, they don't care their kids are viewing toy reviews instead of playing, and they don't give a gently caress about message integrity or accuracy. Convenience killed us, we just can't register that we are dead yet.

More poo poo changes more poo poo stays the same.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

bengy81 posted:

Is it sexist to comment on her mustache? Just don't want to eat a ban you know...

This is a fine line and anyone who looks like a dope and shills for trump deserves to be made fun of for both. My challenge to you all is to find something non-sexualized if you feel compelled to mock her appearance. Like, perhaps she’s horrible for reasons besides the fact you wouldn’t gently caress her (we know you’re lying anyway). Or whatever, she’s a gross girl and probably has bad farts.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/11/16/magazine/uncounted-civilian-casualties-iraq-airstrikes.html

Scathing (and v. long) assessment of precision airstrikes by the NY Times. Excellent article, even though it basically tears the USAF a new one. It's just that every time they talk about offices in CENTCOM that are supposed to be responsible for these things I imagine empty chairs, unfilled positions and dudes who go their whole deployment without ever looking at the continuity.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Keurig branding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1JN5nQQKVQ

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

When I saw the trailer, I thought it was satire.

Now I'm three episodes in, and it's...

...intriguing.

I don't know why, but it somehow is.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Delizin posted:

Looks like fake twitter accounts are springing up to accuse democratic senators of sexual harassment/assault.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-twitter-account-with-two-fake-ids-accused-a-democrat-of-assault-then-pro-trump-sites-ran-with-it

Though I imagine Cole will want Sen Blumenthal to resign just to be on the safe side.

I didn’t say Franken should lose his job because of a tweet.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Prop Wash posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/11/16/magazine/uncounted-civilian-casualties-iraq-airstrikes.html

Scathing (and v. long) assessment of precision airstrikes by the NY Times. Excellent article, even though it basically tears the USAF a new one. It's just that every time they talk about offices in CENTCOM that are supposed to be responsible for these things I imagine empty chairs, unfilled positions and dudes who go their whole deployment without ever looking at the continuity.

I would have more respect for the USAF if they had just come out and said "We don't give a gently caress about civilian deaths". This just makes them look totally retarded.

USAF: WE HAVE NO RECORD OF AN AIR STRIKE OCCURING IN THIS AREA
*Posts a video to youtube of the airstrike occurring on the place in question at the time in question*
USAF: *removes videos from youtube* NOPE LOGS DON'T SHOW IT

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

Duzzy Funlop posted:

When I saw the trailer, I thought it was satire.

Now I'm three episodes in, and it's...

...intriguing.

I don't know why, but it somehow is.

It's really good. Had me and my wife glued to it exactly like Making a Murderer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

USAF: *removes videos from youtube* NOPE LOGS DON'T SHOW IT

Why does youtube even allow these videos? They remove bug squashing videos for excessive violence.

• Locked thread