Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

sexpig by night posted:

I caught a male and just GTS'd it for a female, I still am gonna have a bitch of a time going for a Grimer...
See, I'd do that, but:
A) pichu can't breed (and the daycare isn't unlocked until island 2 anyways)
and
B) I need to be able to nickname all of my pokes. All of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

What the gently caress is up with this Lima fight? Straight up only won through mud slap cheese

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Manatee Cannon posted:

just name it robin hoot like everyone else

robin is gender neutral

Doctor Hoot :smugbert:

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

SirBukkake posted:

How's the trainer battles? Is there more than Sun/Moon or more challenging? Is there more replayable trainer battles? Are there better places to do Level grinding?

Basically, is training pokes for Online/Battle Tree battles better in USUM than SM? (God getting mons to lvl 100 to use a bottle cap was not fun back then)

trainer battles: the start includes 2 fights that are unexpectedly hard (<10 start). rest are the same pretty much

totems are more difficult: eg wishiwashi has been replaced by an araquanid! no more rebattles i guess, but there's a couple post fight events including a rebattle at level 60 (!) of the first totem pokemon and one or two trial captains.

there is also one very difficult fight you'll may have to strategize around and use proper items for- hopefully there's a positive response to it but i doubt it.

training still sucks, spend a while in the festival plaza to get 5* rare kitchens, however it's better than SM, they added Blissey/Chansey outside of the battle tree you can SOS chain to grind if that's what you prefer.

battle tree seems similar, however you can use banned pokemon on the basic level. i didn't do much battle tree in SM so someone else should answer.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Quotey posted:

battle tree seems similar, however you can use banned pokemon on the basic level. i didn't do much battle tree in SM so someone else should answer.
Oh thank god.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I don't suppose there's any new ribbons?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Blaziken386 posted:

loving that USUM continues the tradition of having pokemon you actually want to catch only having a 5% appearance rate. dang pichus.

Not quite 5%, but it figures the first time I actually want to use a Magnemite in these games, they switch from being all over the place to rare.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Classtoise posted:

Doctor Hoot :smugbert:

This would be great only if your next act was opening a dumpster and placing the owl inside of it.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

is Vast Poni Canyon still the only place you can evolve Charjabug to Vikavolt?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Carlosologist posted:

I think you can do it at the third island's power plant now, same with Magneton and Nosepass.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Carlosologist posted:

It got changed to something earlier. I forget what it was, but i think it's the trash place or the area where you do the electric trial.

Also, the Pokemon anime is good.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yeah everything I've seen of the Sun Moon part of the anime looks good. I still don't have any particular desire to watch it but it looks cute!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It got changed to something earlier. I forget what it was, but i think it's the trash place or the area where you do the electric trial.

Also, the Pokemon anime is good.

Turtonator has some moves, yo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

wish it would move, out of frame

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/AshitanoGin/status/931302712418930688

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so how do we get that region free hat pikachu

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
How do people pronounce Rotom?

I've always used row-tom. Is it rot-om?

Also loto is lot-oh, right?

Finally, where can I touch him where he won't flinch? He seems to want to be touched, but then he flinches.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Beachcomber posted:

Row-tum.

So, is it just me or are other people finding this game harder? I actually lost to Mallow. :(

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Row-tum, yea. And I think they buffed all the trials someone said?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

sexpig by night posted:

And I think they buffed all the trials someone said?

It feels like they buffed everything quite honestly. I was able to fairly effectively solo-mon Sun with Primarina, but now i'm still struggling even with a full team that are level matched.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

so how do we get that region free hat pikachu

https://imgur.com/a/0Fggg#vXdwVsv

scan the appropriate code in the QR scanner and go to the pikachu place on Akala, someone you talk to there will have it.

e: and yes, you can evolve to vikavolt, magnezone etc at the Power Plant on Ula'ula

Quotey fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 18, 2017

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Beachcomber posted:

Also loto is lot-oh, right?

Finally, where can I touch him where he won't flinch? He seems to want to be touched, but then he flinches.

i say row tum but it's row tom i guess

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Thanks!

Is there any way to rearrange your bag? I'm tired of scrolling for pokeballs

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

Beachcomber posted:

Thanks!

Is there any way to rearrange your bag? I'm tired of scrolling for pokeballs

hit Y, you can order by Name, Type and Date

you can also select an item and add to favourites (i do this with repels)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is “scared the spit out of me” a real thing people say?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

scared spitless is so probably

Beachcomber posted:

I've always said rot-um. no clue how it's supposed to be pronounced

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

the internet is right but why ohia flowers because rowlett is not a hummingbird

It was less that it was fitting and more I wanted to name it something grass type related that was an actual name.

My other nicknames follow my more normal “nouns or adjectives related to the Pokémon in other languages (that aren’t names)” formula.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
People further along than me, is the difficulty like that even with exp share on? I turned it off right away and am getting owned but I don't want the challenge to just disappear like it did in XY

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

does a bear spit in the woods

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

"Scared the snot out of me" is a thing I've heard. They're both kid friendly versions of the obvious.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

It feels like they buffed everything quite honestly. I was able to fairly effectively solo-mon Sun with Primarina, but now i'm still struggling even with a full team that are level matched.

Soloing is easier than running a full team, so that actually makes sense. Unless by "level matched" you mean that your team is all the same level as your Primarina was.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Oh, if things have been buffed I don't feel bad breeding a flabebe to start out with.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Blaziken386 posted:

See, I'd do that, but:
A) pichu can't breed (and the daycare isn't unlocked until island 2 anyways)
and
B) I need to be able to nickname all of my pokes. All of them.

sucks to be you, a female pichu was the second pokemon that showed up for me :smug:

too bad I already used alolan raichu in the original so I'm boxing this fool

Beachcomber posted:

like motor, but backwards

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Just started Ultra Moon, already like in better than regular Moon because it doesn't take 2 hours to get your first Pokemon.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
After the Fire trial my Rotomdex won't shut up, keeps spewing out the same few "tips" that I've known for a decade. I also made the mistake of letting it use an awful nickname for my character, so I constantly have to see that too. Will it only be quiet if you ignore it?

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012
Heads up goons, the trade ban from Sun and Moon is still around. I was trading with another goon when I lost connection. After heading back online turns out we’re both banned from trading for “a while.” Apparent,y the ban time is random for different people, ranging from 10 minutes to up to 72 hours.

So if you’re gonna trade, better be next to the router or something otherwise you could be banned for something not your fault. Quality design there Gamefreak.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Wait... Next to no rock moves are contact moves... Poor lycanrock dusk. :smith:

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Jade Mage posted:

Wait... Next to no rock moves are contact moves... Poor lycanrock dusk. :smith:

Accelrock will always be there to assist you in these trying times.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nicaden posted:

Heads up goons, the trade ban from Sun and Moon is still around. I was trading with another goon when I lost connection. After heading back online turns out we’re both banned from trading for “a while.” Apparent,y the ban time is random for different people, ranging from 10 minutes to up to 72 hours.

So if you’re gonna trade, better be next to the router or something otherwise you could be banned for something not your fault. Quality design there Gamefreak.

Trade ban, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The screen is filled with text saying "Don't disconnect or you will be prevented from trading" during every trade.