Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

As much as it steams me that liberals are rehabilitating the image of George W. Bush, it really pisses me off that they're rehabilitating that fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1LdLUL9JPM

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

SgtSanity posted:

GWB tried to appoint his personal lawyer, Harriet Miers, to the Supreme Court and failed spectacularly.

I always assumed this was an intentional ploy to make Alito's confirmation go smoother. He could say "well, you said she was unqualified, this guy is super-qualified, what more do you want from me?"

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

General Dog posted:

I always assumed this was an intentional ploy to make Alito's confirmation go smoother. He could say "well, you said she was unqualified, this guy is super-qualified, what more do you want from me?"

Nah, Miers was the first time W hosed up with the CHUDs. The democrats always hated him and he was bulletproof until Katrina, at which point the rest of the country acknowledged that he was despicably worthless. Meanwhile, the right were still balls-deep with no intention of pulling out. Drown New Orleans for all they care.

But you don't gently caress with the Supreme Court.

It's the only thing these subhuman assholes want and they're not going to allow some podunk fuckwit let his shitlicking jerkmaiden set law for the next generation. They took W aside and sorted him the gently caress out; nominate some "decent," malleable, conservative box-checker. Preferably Catholic.

Miers was the first and only instance of the rightwing turning on W.

Remember, that obsession with the Supreme Court is part of what gave us Trump.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

wish i had bought this instead of the trump hat

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
remember that time jeb!s website broke and for a moment I thought I was getting a bunch of free jeb swag

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Seventy Five dollars for that piece of poo poo lol

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
Who else remembers the 'shook nate' meme?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Gum posted:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Gum posted:

:smugdog: stop arzying :smugdog:

:abuela:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
gently caress dude Trump rips Kasich's eating style: 'I have never seen a human being eat in such a disgusting fashion' lmao

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Post your map :smug:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

how teh gently caress could I forget :stare:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The original Tea Party protests when grown men wore breeches and wigs

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

GalacticAcid posted:

Seventy Five dollars for that piece of poo poo lol
It says his Guac recipe is not included though. :confused:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

GalacticAcid posted:

The original Tea Party protests when grown men wore breeches and wigs

Doesn't the freedom caucus still do that?

GalacticAcid posted:

:smugdog: stop arzying :smugdog:

:abuela:

I contend, that the silver lining of Trump winning was the slow Hillarymen meltdown on November 8th

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
cities report in late, rural areas report in first

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i can't believe kim jong-nam was only killed this year

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the other day remembered bobby jindal performing an exorcism when he was at brown

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

get that OUT of my face posted:

the other day remembered bobby jindal performing an exorcism when he was at brown
I missed the word "at" in there the first time reading that sentence which brought me immediately to

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
That time Obama joked about murdering kids with drones was pretty hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52JVljZW_cw

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTtfVOyVsf0

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Nckdictator posted:

That time Obama joked about murdering kids with drones was pretty hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52JVljZW_cw

kids have experience with drones. https://youtu.be/bkNV2nWUVYw

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
when bush declared three countries to be the 'axis of evil' even though two of them were actively hostile toward each other and the third was completely unrelated.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Rick Perry was seen as too effete by Texas voters so he very publicly bragged about shooting a coyote with his concealed carry gun on his morning jog. Obviously he didn't expect to be questioned on this tale of heroism, so when faced with questions like "where is the coyote corpse" and "where did you shoot it" he pretty much folded.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i shot a coyote while brewing my homemade moonshine and didn't even blink

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
when Rick Perry was placed in charge of the maintenance and integrity of the world’s largest nuclear arsenal

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

GalacticAcid posted:

when Rick Perry was placed in charge of the maintenance and integrity of the world’s largest nuclear arsenal

when, after being placed in charge of the maintenance and integrity of the world’s largest nuclear arsenal, rick perry wrote an oped in a texas newspaper complaining about the integrity of a texas A&M student government election because the winners of the presidential election were gay

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
coyotes are famous for sitting still while you approach them to get to handgun range

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw3o6qNZWmg&t=14s

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Known fact.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
There are still people who think that Hillary didn't horribly botch her campaign.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Bill De Blasio thought making a joke about black people being lazy and late was a good idea

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Buddy, I gently caress the brands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

There was a blizzard that hit New Jersey early in Chris Christie's governorship, he was on vacation (I think it was Disneyworld) and didn't come back. Meanwhile, Corey Booker was out in the streets of Newark (he was still the mayor back then) shoveling snow for something like 8 hours straight to get the roads and sidewalks cleared, basically conscripting able-bodied locals all the way. I remember this well because Booker made drat sure all the news networks were following him the whole time. Booker raised his profile with that, and Christie was savaged in the local media.

By the time Super Storm Sandy hit, Christie had learned his lesson. He immediately liaised with Booker and Obama, and NJ was able to start recovering pretty quickly (apart from the coast). Ironically, the GOP's base and the tea party never forgave him for debasing himself, and America itself, by cooperating with Democrats, so he may have learned the wrong lesson after all.