Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fondue
Jul 14, 2002

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

We're waxing nostalgic about Malls now Crankshaft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

It's funny cause it's true.

Mark Trail

"Now he's crashing into a building and screaming!"

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Kris Kristofferson searches the skies for his nemesis, the Phantom.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Apartment 3-G

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Slammy posted:

Mopsy (June, 1941)

Kinky.

the bus

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
A rare funny 'Evolution of Man' comic.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail

"Now he's crashing into a building and screaming!"

Man, I fell off of this thread a couple versions back, and man is out-of-context Mark Trail still some of the funniest stuff in the thread.

Also, really bummed that we're in the jingoist version of Everett True. I miss him just beating fools for stepping off curbs wrong.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

1. This woman is a giantess
2. She's making it pretty clear to him that she is looking for a sugar daddy. If he's cool with that, then how wonderful for both of them. If he's too dense to get it, I have a hard time feeling bad for him since she's spelling it right out.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Slammy posted:

Mopsy (June, 1941)

Seems to me that the brand should be a lesser problem than having her head on backwards.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Johnny Walker posted:

Kris Kristofferson searches the skies for his nemesis, the Phantom.

That makes no sense. Kristofferson is a helicopter pilot. You'd think he'd know all the tricks.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I assume Chubby Comics Seller Guy in Rex Morgan will get sued by his crazy Ex?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Undoubtedly.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
so, ahh, this came up on my Twitter feed and I thought of this thread (I fell behind two years ago and just haven't been in them ever since, whoops)

Y'know our "pal" Guy Gilchrist? He's, uh... he's been up to some stuff, and he sounds like a real piece of poo poo, alright!

https://twitter.com/MuppetFeminist/status/931591227660783616

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Uhhhhhhhhhh

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

LvK posted:

so, ahh, this came up on my Twitter feed and I thought of this thread (I fell behind two years ago and just haven't been in them ever since, whoops)

Y'know our "pal" Guy Gilchrist? He's, uh... he's been up to some stuff, and he sounds like a real piece of poo poo, alright!

:stare:

Get turbofucked, Gilchrist, you hypocritical piece of poo poo. It's love thy neighbour, not rape thy neighbour.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

LvK posted:

Somehow this does not surprise me. What a shitbag.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Selachian posted:

Pros and Cons

oh boy

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LvK posted:

Can we use this as an excuse to stop posting his stuff?

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Pop Team Epic

Squirrel Nuts

https://www.dramafever.com/news/japanese-star-masaharu-fukuyamas-marriage-crushes-hearts-and-stock-value/ posted:

His agency, Amuse Entertainment, tried to be cautious. Fukuyama Masaharu married his long-time girlfriend, actress Fukiishi Kazue, on her 33rd birthday, which was Monday, September 28. The agency announced the news after the stock market closed that afternoon.

Unfortunately, Amuse's stock crashed the next day and suffered a loss of 4 billion yen, or more than US$3.3 million.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Say Nothing posted:

Can we use this as an excuse to stop posting his stuff?

Hopefully he'll be fired and someone who isn't terrible in every way will get to write Nancy.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Tiggum posted:

Hopefully he'll be fired and someone who isn't terrible in every way will get to write Nancy will go to a well deserved rest.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
I'd love to see Peter Gallagher take over Nancy. He seems like a dude who could actually channel Bushmiller.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

If it were a choice between "someone else gets to write Nancy" and "someone else gets to write their new and original comic" then I'd take the latter, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be someone else taking over Nancy or nothing replacing it at all and there's just one less comic.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I didn't care for Gilchrist's preachy work, but if this is true, I hope he is both immediately fired and replaced by someone who understands female anatomy and culture better. I then hope Gilchrist gets hosed in prison repeatedly for the rest of his miserable life (assuming this is all true of course).

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

LvK posted:

Well poo poo. This explains those weird Hallmark card comics he was making. Must have known the writing was on the wall. So once the modern Gilchrists are gone, the late nineties Gilchrists are going to stop getting posted too right? Because even as intellectual exercise I'm going to feel really sick looking at them really fast if this story is in fact accurate.

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

So is it just me or do those introductions have gently caress all to do with the story we end up seeing? I'm trying to figure out how we started with "this was a time of frequent IRA bombings" to "Modesty is conscripted to participate in a hot air balloon competition and accidentally becomes a witness to a fight to the death and is captured by an eighteen century aristocracy cult" and I uh, I'm totally lost.

Tracksuit

Aw, a happy ending.

Sort of.

Mother From Another Country

We're in early 2015 now so this reference isn't as timely as it looks.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Ballard Street

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sounds like as good an excuse as any to stop posting Gilchrist Nancy.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Someone should start posting Jerry Scott's run instead

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (June 9, 1952)

Wash Tubbs (March 26, 1930)

Gasoline Alley (April 22, 1924)

Lil' Abner (December 22, 1937)

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

Barney Google (April 25, 1923)

Alley Oop (July 25, 1934)

Oaky Doaks (July 20, 1935)

Dickie Dare (September 2, 1933)

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

Bringing Up Father (January 3, 1940)

Krazy Kat (January 2, 1936)

Polly and Her Pals (January 2, 1937)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mastersord posted:

I didn't care for Gilchrist's preachy work, but if this is true, I hope he is both immediately fired and replaced by someone who understands female anatomy and culture better. I then hope Gilchrist gets hosed in prison repeatedly for the rest of his miserable life (assuming this is all true of course).

Disagreed on the latter part, cuz prison rape isn't really a joke. But, yeah.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Good morning, thread, what's new

:stonk:

...so of course when Guy was doing those 'Sluggo's sleepy deepy thoughts' strips I was thinking that something was wrong. Like, maybe he had cancer. Now I think cancer would have been preferable, even from Guy's point of view.

Still I feel curious and I don't think GG Nancy should be completely dropped from the thread. Is Gilchrist going to go to the deep end with his addictions as thanksgiving approaches? How long will it take for the syndicate to pull the plug? But if it causes Clarissa level feelings of anxiety for anyone then don't post it.

Anyway:

Comic Strip Megathread XVII: Drinking heavily and popping Xanax to mask depression

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Manuel Calavera posted:

Disagreed on the latter part, cuz prison rape isn't really a joke. But, yeah.

For real, Guy Gilchrist can rot in hell but it's 2017 can we please stop making light of any kind of rape.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Archyduke posted:

For real, Guy Gilchrist can rot in hell but it's 2017 can we please stop making light of any kind of rape.

Co-signed. See you in the morning.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I appreciate the artistic skill needed to make it look just slightly less appealing than the picture

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tunicate posted:

I appreciate the artistic skill needed to make it look just slightly less appealing than the picture
A drawing success!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Does Nekonaughey mean anything/is a pun of some sort?

• Locked thread