Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I wonder if any undercover feds have gotten burned because they were caught with SKILCRAFT merch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Look at this fat fed gently caress

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/us/politics/fbi-stolen-gun-stolen-charlotte.html?_r=0

quote:

WASHINGTON — An F.B.I. counterterrorism supervisor is under internal investigation after a woman stole his gun following a night of heavy drinking in a North Carolina hotel, according to documents and government officials.

In July, Robert Manson, a unit chief in the F.B.I.’s international terrorism section, had his Glock .40-caliber handgun, a $6,000 Rolex watch and $60 in cash stolen from his room at the Westin hotel in Charlotte, N.C., according to a police report.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
How'd a gov't employee afford a $6k Rolex?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

GunForumMeme posted:

Unit Chiefs start around $140K.

also, fed

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

SAME SAME I CAME posted:

Unit Chiefs start around $140K.

also, fed

Or he's dirty.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

GunForumMeme posted:

If you want to spend money on dumb poo poo like a watch, it's pretty easy.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

GunForumMeme posted:

By becoming the king of overtime.

(actually performing the OT is optional)

Report: Suspended Louisiana state trooper, paid $240K last year, spent hours at home during shifts

quote:

The trooper was paid $240,000 last year, $147,000 of which was overtime

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Arc Light posted:

By becoming the king of overtime.

(actually performing the OT is optional)

Report: Suspended Louisiana state trooper, paid $240K last year, spent hours at home during shifts

Don't feds have "availability pay" built into their salaries so the gov doesn't have to pay them for all the hours of actual overtime they're going to put in sitting in surveillance vans listening to hours of nothing?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Secondary ftw

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Scruff McGruff posted:

Don't feds have "availability pay" built into their salaries so the gov doesn't have to pay them for all the hours of actual overtime they're going to put in sitting in surveillance vans listening to hours of nothing?

pshhhhhhh cases dont get solved until theres overtime involved

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Homie S posted:

pshhhhhhh cases dont get solved until theres overtime involved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT0QFEVvrDo

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

The artisan bong industry has really improved since I was in college. My partner and I came across a lightsaber bong, complete with light up blade (red), and impact-activated sound effects.

It hurt to file the thing away in the evidence locker.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

You monster

FTP

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

You monster

FTP

The kids we found smoking up also had a half drunk bottle of Hypnotiq, so I'd like to think that maybe we scared them straight.

My partner gave them the lecture about not doing drugs, I gave them the lecture about not drinking Hypnotiq. And voting for representatives who will legalize.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
Can this be real

https://i.imgur.com/GfXuHDT.gifv

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7ZugnuQJhQ

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

DoktorLoken posted:

Doubtful, Illinois has CCW now anyway to include Chicago. I didn't realize there were many gippers in the overall Milwaukee-Chicago region.

It is comically tedious to get though. Almost like it was made so difficult as to discourage them by design...

Will never move back to ill

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Not sure, whose bodycam was chucked up on an overhead and kept recording?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Got my shield today after 8 months of poo poo :q:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Woof Blitzer posted:

Welcome to the suck

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Woof Blitzer posted:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Woof Blitzer posted:

Nvidia is really that far behind on orders?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Woof Blitzer posted:

What's your pension plan like

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Woof Blitzer posted:

Another goon gets a badge and power.

... in the distance, a deep rumble resonates

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Smiling Jack posted:

What's your pension plan like

50% at 20, 75% at 30, $10k retirement bonus

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Woof Blitzer posted:

50% at 20, 75% at 30, $10k retirement bonus

100% at 30 :smug:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

People in louisiana die young as gently caress

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

100% of what, 40k??
Also xxxtreme humblebrag I get thanksgiving and Christmas off bitches

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
30 years being a cop :shepicide:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Woof Blitzer posted:

100% of what, 40k??
Also xxxtreme humblebrag I get thanksgiving and Christmas off bitches

100% of my top 3 years, which includes overtime. Right now my top 3 would put me around 75 🤷🏻‍♂️

If I sell my soul and take rank it would be closer to 90

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I’m calling my fop rep right now...

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Why wont they let us see that chicks tits in netflixs Punisher series? This is bullshit.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

celeryman posted:

Another goon gets a badge and power.

... in the distance, a deep rumble resonates

Week 3 of my academy and I get a four day weekend thanks to thanksgiving. Our RTOs hate us so much.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Relatively new officer on the job here in New York State.

Testified at my first DWI refusal hearing (defendant refused a PBT, as well as refused 3x the calibrated chemical test at the station) a few days ago. And man the attorney was quite a piece of work. Apparently he's a former Lt in the county PD who got forced to retire for some big drama in the dept and now just shows up for one client and scoops up every other person there who came without representation and then bills the county. One of the other cops in the waiting area told me all about him. Man was he one smug SOB. Cross examined me and objected to my answers to his questions so long he went into the judge's lunch time (at several points the judge shut down his objections and questions, saying I already answered the questions and his objections were irrelevant), so the judge said he'd make his ruling later in the day, so I didn't even get to find out if the defendant lost his license or for how long.

Another cop at the hearing said his subject was clocked in at 115mph, and upon approaching the driver, found him with his pants down around his ankles and his hot wife's dress above her belly button. Dude kept saying "all you Connecticut staties always gently caress with me, always hassle me. gently caress you guys." Dude said he thought he was near Hartford. His wife was so blasted she had to get her stomach pumped.

Guess I'm gonna have a bunch of stories like that in my future unless I get a better job with the feds. Any advice from cop goons for a new officer with less than 2 years on the job?

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
drat you guys have some good multiples.

I get 33% of high 3 (not including OT) at 20 years then only 1% extra per year I stay after that. Thankfully the base salary it's calculated off is pretty good. I'm definitely cutting loose at 20 years, and if I'm not totally burned out I'll probably go back to a state or local gig to punch up my state retirement that I'm already partially vested in...

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bored As gently caress posted:

Relatively new officer on the job here in New York State.

Cross examined me and objected to my answers to his questions so long he went into the judge's lunch time (at several points the judge shut down his objections and questions, saying I already answered the questions and his objections were irrelevant), so the judge said he'd make his ruling later in the day, so I didn't even get to find out if the defendant lost his license or for how long.

That is a terrible laywer, it's been scientifically proven that sentence severity is directly correlated to how hangry the judge is.

https://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/14/time-and-judgment/?_r=0

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Hahahaha that's amazing.

Hopefully the dude gets his license taken away. Dude was clearly hosed up based on his erratic driving, bloodshot water eyes, clumsiness, having to lean on the car door to get out, all the clues on the SFSTs, and admitted to drinking earlier in the night.

At least my guy was compliant. The last dude my Sgt. took in for DWI switched between Russian and English saying poo poo like "I'm trying really hard not to kill you" and "I gently caress your mother and slit your throat." Fun stuff.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
Man, policing in the 70s must have been :krad: as heck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYTzNlGLHEo&t=86s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRpneRYaRNU

uncle w benefits fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Thanksgiving and Black Friday remain my favorite work nights of the year.

Had a lady get so irate that she broke all the windows at her friend's house, then kicked the front door off its hinges.

Why was she angry?

Her friend wouldn't let her drive drunk with her children in the back seat. Stay classy, Louisiana.