Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Powershift posted:

WTCC red flagged for a 4 car pile-up in the same corner.

A bit anticlimactic after that Macau clip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Horrible accident in one of the motorcycle races. Race cancelled, rider not looking good.

Daniel Hegarty the rider, apparently.

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Nov 18, 2017

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Racing motorcycles at Macau has to be second only to racing motorcycles at the TT in the madness stakes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Kevin Schwantz won a Macau GP once which is one of many reasons that Kevin Schwantz owned.

e) the list of 80s/90s Macau GP winners is basically a who's who of badass bike racers, Schwantz, Robert Dunlop, Steve Hislop, Ron Haslam, Carl Fogarty.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Racing motorcycles at Macau has to be second only to racing motorcycles at the TT in the madness stakes.

When I saw the onboard I’m pretty sure I’d rather do the Isle of Man than this monstrosity. It’d be a quicker death at least too.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Daniel Hegarty died. If you were unfortunate enough to see the video, that's unsurprising news.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I cannot comprehend that they even race F3 cars here, its bad enough with tin tops. Motorbikes here is mind boggling. Honest truth is I was not surprised at all to hear something happened.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

CactusWeasle posted:

I cannot comprehend that they even race F3 cars here, its bad enough with tin tops.

Mick Schumacher said on Instragram he was basicaly :stare: the whole time.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

dsriggs posted:

Daniel Hegarty died. If you were unfortunate enough to see the video, that's unsurprising news.

Well this loving sucks.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Catte on track in Bahrain!

https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/931909621614247936

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Silly kitteh

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Always like an excuse to post the track dogs from Stock Car Brasil in 2015.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Is that like a heron in the background too? Do they just race through a zoo?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

Is that like a heron in the background too? Do they just race through a zoo?

A lot of Brazilian tracks are just outside city centers, so there's often just animals from the neighbourhood around.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

How many children do you think that pack of dogs ate?

Brazil is a poo poo hole =/

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

How many children do you think that pack of dogs ate?

Brazil is a poo poo hole =/

The kids in favelas don't count so this question is disingenuous.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

More Macau, and tons of rain
https://livestream.com/accounts/26452675/events/7929427

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Kevin Schwantz won a Macau GP once which is one of many reasons that Kevin Schwantz owned.

e) the list of 80s/90s Macau GP winners is basically a who's who of badass bike racers, Schwantz, Robert Dunlop, Steve Hislop, Ron Haslam, Carl Fogarty.

The Dunlop brothers were mad bastards. Infact any motorcycle rider who does those road races are among the most fearless humans on the planet.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The final lap of the F3 World Cup was pretty drat good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfWr8mP3P1Y

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
The end of the F3 race was totally :wtf:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Toyota staying in P1 for the dumb extended season:

http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/item/145857-toyota-confirms-super-season-return

Callaway going to run a "factory" backed (that factory being callaway, not GM) 2 car PWC program, replacing the Caddys:

http://www.racer.com/pwc/item/145874-callaway-competition-usa-announces-works-pwc-program

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cygni posted:

Toyota staying in P1 for a shot to win Le Mans twice in the awesome extended season:

http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/item/145857-toyota-confirms-super-season-return

Corrected that for ya

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

harperdc posted:

Cygni posted:

Toyota staying in P1 for a shot to lose Le Mans twice to privateer P1 efforts in the extended season:

Corrected that for ya

i got ya fam

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Assuming one were actively insane I don't think there's anything preventing a manufacturer doing a part season and entering that 2nd LeMans.

Although, I'm not sure why one would.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Dudley posted:

Assuming one were actively insane I don't think there's anything preventing a manufacturer doing a part season and entering that 2nd LeMans.

IIRC the ACO clearly put their foot down and indicated that if Toyota wasn't prepared to commit for the whole double-season they probably shouldn't bother.
If they pull that to Toyota and don't back it up to (say for example) Ferrari, it'd set a bad precedent (that the ACO has already set in the past).

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Toyota will win Le Mans but despite leading for most of the race Alonso's car will die in the last 10 minutes because the universe hates him.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Because it may be just a couple months ahead of the 2019-20 WEC season anyways? I can imagine somebody trying to do Sebring and Le Mans that season for the prestige factor. I would also imagine any entrant would have to get Toyota’s tacit approval to do so, I think they welcome the challenge and if that Factory makes a multi-year forward commitment I doubt it’d be a problem.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

njsykora posted:

Toyota will win Le Mans but despite leading for most of the race Alonso's car will die in the last 10 minutes because the universe hates him.

You shut up!

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

the only moral choice is to root for a P2 victory, of course

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Here's a really bad take

https://twitter.com/LucasdiGrassi/status/933004385197744129

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Garbage man with a garbage opinion.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

maybe they should have a radio in the cars, and perhaps some trackside men and women with flags to wave to warn people

new aston GTE:

http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/item/145898-aston-martin-racing-s-new-gte-launched#!Aston_Martin_Racing_2018_Vantage_GTE_01

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Yes we must go easy on these people burning millions of dollars to go racing, it's such a financial burden on them. Lmbo.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah we should develop some kind of flag system, like maybe yellow. It's not like race drivers ignore safety warnings all the time.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Complaining that you were involved in a pileup in Macau is like jumping into a sewer and being surprised there was poo

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Is there any kind of confirmation that Alonso is doing the Indy 500 again next year? Or is he just going Le Mans?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

geonetix posted:

Is there any kind of confirmation that Alonso is doing the Indy 500 again next year? Or is he just going Le Mans?

He is confirmed NOT doing Indy next year. He's confirmed to be doing the Daytona 24hr, and rumored to be doing LeMans, but its not confirmed yet.

Indy: No
Daytona 24: Yes
LeMans: Probably

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
As long as there's no F1 conflict I'd be surprised if he doesn't do the 24 hours of le mans.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

If he's in for the entire season, he has two chances to win the 24h of Le Mans, which is good enoguh for me anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

geonetix posted:

If he's in for the entire season, he has two chances to win the 24h of Le Mans, which is good enoguh for me anyway

He's gonna get Toyota luck in one and Gazoo luck in the other.

• Locked thread