Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

stand by warriors i have a FRAGO to the FRAGO

There's a frago song set to the tune of the flintstones song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

There's a frago song set to the tune of the flintstones song.

Frago! It’s a frago! The dumbest poo poo you’ll ever hear!
From the, brain of colonel! You’ll end up dead and gone from here!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Lmbo at the last three pages. Get sumdat grunt poo poo you fuckin pussy.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

Lmbo at the last three pages. Get sumdat grunt poo poo you fuckin pussy.

viva is MANDOZER from eve fyi

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Unless this is some weird joke, please don't.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Icon Of Sin posted:

Frago! It’s a frago! The dumbest poo poo you’ll ever hear!
From the, brain of colonel! You’ll end up dead and gone from here!

Frago! It's a frago! It's the ever changing s o p!

Left foot! No, your right foot! You never know what it will beeee!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

viva is MANDOZER from eve fyi

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahHhahahahHahahahahahababababababBhahahahahahahahaha

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i loved autistic mmo soldiers in my squad. the only trouble they ever gave me was on room inspections but thats better than rape/dui

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Army Thead - Well thats better than rape

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
"Piss in all the bottles you want, ignore the showers, perform incompetently....just don't meet SIR criteria." -the commander's prayer

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

"Piss in all the bottles you want, ignore the showers, perform incompetently....just don't meet SIR criteria." -the commander's prayer

Or the abridged "I don't care what you do as long as I don't get a phone call."

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Got to hang out, in the Alps, with the Italian Alpinis, their mountain infantry. These dudes loving own. The guy to my left kept making fun of us and asking why do americans take the Army so seriously.

Dudes own. Lots of amazing stories from the Sniper Alley in Sarajevo.

This dude was a corporal, and he kept using our rifle to shoot literal dime sized groupings non-stop so we asked him if he is their sniper or some poo poo. Nah, he was a supply clerk but he also takes care of the meticulously trimmed bushes around the post but he doesn't do much during day time so he just shoots.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jun 20, 2018

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I like how everybody in those pictures looks happy, except for you and that sergeant.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Alpinis have a duty day from 0830 to 1500 with PT on their own. They do show up earlier, at around 0800 for the morning check ups and preparation, and officers show up earlier, but still. After 1500, they usually play like soccer or something, or just go home. And they don't blouse their boots or yell silly poo poo. Or have to wear a hat. Some of them do, though, but there are literally 10 different uniform styles in a group of 10 alpinis.

Also that dude who looks a bit fatter had climbed the loving Matterhorn.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Nov 18, 2017

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Edit: never mind

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-1ik3S6Ct4

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
https://twitter.com/dril/status/909174040891359234

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Vahakyla posted:

Got to hang out, in the Alps, with the Italian Alpinis, their mountain infantry. These dudes loving own. The guy to my left kept making fun of us and asking why do americans take the Army so seriously.

Italian Lieutenant Colonel and Sergeant Major. SF and poo poo. Dudes own. Lots of amazing stories from the Sniper Alley in Sarajevo.

This dude was a corporal, and he kept using our rifle to shoot literal dime sized groupings non-stop so we asked him if he is their sniper or some poo poo. Nah, he was a supply clerk but he also takes care of the meticulously trimmed bushes around the post but he doesn't do much during day time so he just shoots.

I don't understand, why is the army allowing you, a PFC, to have fun? Is someone screaming at you from off-camera?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
You first have to give hope in order to crush it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
STOP BEING HAPPY AND START WANTING TO KILL YOURSELF

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

boop the snoot posted:

Yeah. The bucket of crabs and demand that all things suck is creepily strong in GiP.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

boop the snoot posted:

Best avatar/post combo of 2017.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

He is married so he doesn't have to deal with barracks bullshit. That probably has something to do with it.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Zeris posted:

I don't understand, why is the army allowing you, a PFC, to have fun? Is someone screaming at you from off-camera?

Regardless of T.O., all military bureaucracies consist of a Surprise Party Department, a Practical Joke Department, and a Fairy Godmother Department. The last of these being an elderly GS-15 with a nice little office in the pentagon. Most matters are dealt with by the first two departments, but every once in a while the Fairy Godmother will put down her knitting, shuffle through her paperwork and waive her wand over one special Soldier. Today was my day.

The first chapter of Glory Road is basically Robert Heinlein posting for this thread.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Literally every other country I’ve played Army with has said we were too serious.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Definitely starting to lean towards getting out next summer and not waiting for CPT

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Soulex posted:

Literally every other country I’ve played Army with has said we were too serious.

They've grown weak after decades of knowing (or thinking) we'd save them. :colbert:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mustang posted:

Definitely starting to lean towards getting out next summer and not waiting for CPT
You are now arriving at the fifth stage: acceptance. Congratulations!

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

You're going to get pinned your train tracks 2 months before you ETS, and once those bars touch your chest you're going to immediately realize that another 4 years won't be that bad.

Let me know when you're 15 years into your time in service and when you PCS to Ft. Leavenworth for CGSC I'll buy you a beer when I visit my family.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I’m a horrible officer, there’s no way I’d make it that far

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

C'mon now, Ft. Leavenworth has a great AAFES and their golf course is pretty good...

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Mustang posted:

That's what all the thousand+ students at CGSC told themselves at one point. Our career track is designed around these feelings:

Company grade leadership time -> suicidal ideation -> broadening assignement -> maybe it's not so bad -> CGSC ADSO -> field grade leadership time -> suicidal ideation -> broadening assignment -> maybe it's not so bad.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

If I had been stationed anywhere other than WA that probably would have happened but I love this state and I don’t want to leave and the Army will undoubtedly send me somewhere terrible next

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

To be 100% Fair when my dad was an instructor at CGSC he had the coolest job ever. I saw him before I went off to school almost every day, he PT'd on his own, was home around 5:00 every day and his weekends were his own.

Also I don't remember if he ever worked in the summer, he would always take 4-6 weeks off and we'd go on family vacations/visit family and I don't think i ever saw him don a uniform except for maybe hail and fairwells or whatever.

Just sayin...

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Yea Leavenworth is a nice break from FORSCOM assignments, a good broadening experience for students or instructors.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mustang posted:

There was a time when the Army was trying very hard to retain me at my most useless. Trust me, you'll make it.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Just so I can become a miserable major? No thanks

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mustang posted:

Just so I can become a miserable major? No thanks

You have to be a miserable major in order to become a lovely bat commander!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

MurderBot posted:

To be 100% Fair when my dad was an instructor at CGSC he had the coolest job ever. I saw him before I went off to school almost every day, he PT'd on his own, was home around 5:00 every day and his weekends were his own.

Also I don't remember if he ever worked in the summer, he would always take 4-6 weeks off and we'd go on family vacations/visit family and I don't think i ever saw him don a uniform except for maybe hail and fairwells or whatever.

Just sayin...

If you don’t lose your mind about dumb poo poo, CGSC instructor seems like a really good gig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

spacetoaster posted:

They've grown weak after decades of knowing (or thinking) we'd save them. :colbert:

Oh boy I wish I could agree. My views changed when I did the Dutch pistol marksmanship course which was no joke. To show us, the LTC (Dutch) commander did it, scored perfect and did it while smoking a cigar with no loving safety equipment beyond ear pro. Then he yelled at this AF enlisted dude who failed loving hard.

That pistol course is what all officers should do. It’s so loving good.