Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

Any idea when we're getting Norsca and the associated patch back again?

Not really. Hopefully before the end of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I've never played the Norsca campaign should I load up TW1 and do it?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Laughing Zealot posted:

Not really. Hopefully before the end of the year.

Yeah, I'm hoping they get it relatively soon because I want to get my Troll King adventures going again and puke my way across Naggaroth.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

JBP posted:

I've never played the Norsca campaign should I load up TW1 and do it?

Yea its dope, do it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

They're really cool, but in all honesty I'm holding off on TWW2 right now until they patch Norsca into ME, because they will be elf genocide: the campaign

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

You may not know it yet, but I'm your worst nightmare.
speaking of elf genocide, and by that i mean genocide, of elves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d3SYGYjSgg

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Empire MRLS owns.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn posted:

excellent use of command and conquer generals music, which owns

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

What's a good faction to pick if I want to have my way with Ulthuan? I'm not a fan of the Dark Elves, so they're out. I was thinking maybe I could just sail across as Brettonia? Or maybe as Chaos or Beastmen?

It might be fun to abandon the badlands as Grimgor and rush across the sea, as well.

Also, is there any bonus to taking Skavenblight as Skaven?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I'm down with getting generic Lords with better traits in exchange for something extra you need to do (like Elves get). Here's some fun ideas:

Empire: The better Lords are based on dilemmas that give you the opportunity to return valueable territory back to the original elector count in exchange for a Lord with particularly good traits.
Brettonia: Perhaps pay chivalry or even Green Knight summons in exchange?
Greenskins: Occasionally get a Lord instead with better traits instead of a Waagh army.
Dwarves: No up front cost, the catch is that recruiting them adds 3-5 particularly difficult grudges to remove. Getting one early could give you an early edge or build up the grudge meter artificially fast.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Devorum posted:

What's a good faction to pick if I want to have my way with Ulthuan? I'm not a fan of the Dark Elves, so they're out. I was thinking maybe I could just sail across as Brettonia? Or maybe as Chaos or Beastmen?

It might be fun to abandon the badlands as Grimgor and rush across the sea, as well.

Also, is there any bonus to taking Skavenblight as Skaven?

Wood Elves are pretty close, and some High Elf cities count as full settlements for Wood Elves, which is something new. Ideal climate as well, and lots of ports for that sweet +400% port income tech.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Gonkish posted:

I'm trying to figure out what to use as a late-game infantry core for the dark elves. Black Guard? Executioners? I was sort of cheesing it with Corsairs but they're not really sturdy enough, and neither are Bleakswords/Dreadspears.

Spearmen. You can run the entire game with the core units for almost every faction.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Of you're rich it's executioners and corsair, if you're poor it's corsair and dreadspears

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Third World Reggin posted:

Spearmen. You can run the entire game with the core units for almost every faction.

It helps to have a couple AP units in the mix for AR shenanigans, but yeah you can pretty easily drown any enemy faction with any of the very cheap and very capable core units. Especially elfs. VCs don't count.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Okay, I started an Orion game and it's going fairly well. I'd like to get Durthu, though...and I accidentally accepted a DA from him and I've heard that ruins my chances of confederation. Am I screwed out of getting Angry Treebeard? EDIT: I now see there is no confederation option with the other WE factions. So it's either be their friends or destroy them?

Also, should I wipe out the other two WE factions or leave them around for alliances and amber?

Devorum fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Nov 18, 2017

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Devorum posted:

Okay, I started an Orion game and it's going fairly well. I'd like to get Durthu, though...and I accidentally accepted a DA from him and I've heard that ruins my chances of confederation. Am I screwed out of getting Angry Treebeard? EDIT: I now see there is no confederation option with the other WE factions. So it's either be their friends or destroy them?

Also, should I wipe out the other two WE factions or leave them around for alliances and amber?

When the oak of ages hits level 3 you can confederate with other WElves. I've never had issues confederating with allies, the 3 others were willing and I confederated with 2 of them no problems. They seem to like to sit at war with other factions without ever doing anything, so it's fairly easy to rack up huge bonuses with military actions.

Their provinces are really good and you should at least get one more IMO, but razing gives absolutely gross amounts of money and you can probably get by until confederation as long as your expansion's on point. You can probably run a lone lord after your expansion stack and still turn a profit by razing and settling but I never bothered.

Gitro fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Nov 18, 2017

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
I'm pretty sure the option to confederate from upgrading the tree is one of those offers that can't be refused. As Orion I was at war with Torgovann, because they declared on my bae the Fay Enchantress. I beat them down, and as part of the peace offering they paid me the maximum amount of money possible for confederating with me, despite hating my guts. The other elves and Durthu liked me, but also paid maximum possible gold to become my loyal subjects.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Maybe. Everyone was green on the offer and showering me in money for it, even the one lot that didn't like me as much (~50). I know I could consistently get confederation and a ton of money out of whichever orcs start at war with Grimgor way back in one as part of a peace deal though.

Originally I though Orion had the better spread of amber free units, but I assume he needs elves for his council positions and can't make every lord a treeman with an army of immortal tree friends backed by dragons and AP archers.

Gitro fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Nov 18, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The council positions aren't important and you get more than enough lords to fill the good ones when you confederate.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
yeah, you get elves and not rad trees with monstrous line infantry that never dies

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Gitro posted:

Originally I though Orion had the better spread of amber free units, but I assume he needs elves for his council positions and can't make every lord a treeman with an army of immortal tree friends backed by dragons and AP archers.

Yeah, Orion requires Elves as his council nominations with the sole exception of Durthu. I'd say Orion has the better spread of Amber-free units, but Durthu gets the cooler toys.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Man, even Empire Great Cannons feel so much better to use. Any of you guys run a Dwarf-like composition of 4 Cannons as a grand battery? Or would it still be better to replace 2 of those with Helstorm Rockets and put some more faith in your Reiksguard (before being able to afford Demigryphs) when they fight off large enemies?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Isn't the guardian of the oak position open to tree people as well?

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Multiplayer needs a tiebreaker if you go to the time limit. I just spent 15 minutes brilliantly skirmishing, killed the enemy general without losing my own, inflicted more losses, etc. but the decisive engagement was so late in the match that his army didn’t break! Come on give me something here!! :argh:

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Every time I try to play as clan mors in the vortex campaign, the last defenders faction ends up being a pretty major problem for me. Any goons got tips on wiping out those lizard things nice and early on?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

guns for tits posted:

Every time I try to play as clan mors in the vortex campaign, the last defenders faction ends up being a pretty major problem for me. Any goons got tips on wiping out those lizard things nice and early on?

Save food from battles to get one of those settlements you capture to tier 3 instantly, build the siege workshop, get 4 Plagueclaw Catapults ASAP. Try and do the same again for a Weapon Bunker for Globadiers, get 4 of them too. Fire your Stormvermin, a gently caress-off huge swarm of Clanrats covering for your ranged weapons should be enough to beat Kroq-gar's monsters and Saurus swarm. You can also try and rush an upgraded garrison building in the region you want to engage Kroq-gar in for Warp Bomb, which will also destroy his infantry with good use.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Anyone else find the Dark Elf voice acting extremely funny? Their yelling just sounds so apathetic.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Arglebargle III posted:

Anyone else find the Dark Elf voice acting extremely funny? Their yelling just sounds so apathetic.

Yaaaaaarrrgghhh! All the voicework is good although the lizardmen sound pretty stupid. Faction leaders should talk a little less though, ie malekith 'a blood thirsty rogue' every time you give an agent a skill point

Nothing really beats Vlad and Karl Franz although Skrolk gets close.

I WANT THEIR SOULS!!!
He sounds like he means it too

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

I caved and tried a pre-Foundation Empire campaign, and noped out of that pretty quickly. Karl Franz and his mighty +2 LDR for his army was just too OP.

Also are Flagellants being tied to Sigmarite shrines at Tier 3 a TWW2 change or what? I could have sworn they were a Tier 2 barracks unit. I hope that changes because it certainly knee caps Volkmar and his Hate Speech Tour.

99pct of germs fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 18, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

guns for tits posted:

I would say keep the Stormvermin because if you are lucky and Kroq-qar is on his first mount then they can tear him to shreds. Other then that you need as much artillery as possible. Also try to grab the resource cite as soon as possible and draw him into attacking it as if you have it all set up then you should have enough forces to break his initial army. Once they are dead you need to devote all your energy into pushing north until you can wipe him out entirely.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

It's like turn 10!

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn posted:

Do the flying bodies become projectiles that impact and deal damage or is it just the cannonball's momentum?

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

You may not know it yet, but I'm your worst nightmare.
it's just the cannonballs going through a bunch of troops at once

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Danann posted:

Do the flying bodies become projectiles that impact and deal damage or is it just the cannonball's momentum?

Oh god, I'm just imagining a mod that makes flying bodies do collision damage and knock other bodies around :stare: Imagine a giant falling over and flattening a bunch of nearby goblins Lmao.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...

Panfilo posted:

Oh god, I'm just imagining a mod that makes flying bodies do collision damage and knock other bodies around :stare: Imagine a giant falling over and flattening a bunch of nearby goblins Lmao.

Now I want to replay myth...

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Casualty.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Ammanas posted:

Casualties.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Panfilo posted:

Most large monsters do, try a custom battle with like one spearmen regiment and six crossbows against one giant and you will clearly see a bunch of spearmanii dying when the big guy drops.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Panfilo posted:

Imagine a giant falling over and flattening a bunch of nearby goblins Lmao.

Fun fact! On the tabletop this is a thing that can happen, and there’s even a special giant-shaped template for seeing who gets hit by the giant falling over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Did they fix Norsca/Dwarf AI dominance in ME or do I need to grab a couple mods? I'm wrapping up my Vortex campaign and I'm about to start ME. I don't want to get 50 turns in and discover the world is all horse archers and dwarves.