Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatfest hype!!! https://www.twitch.tv/in_training

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just went 12/1, scifi stay winnin

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im at like 50% win percentage I think, and I got a few mirror matches so Fantasy has the pop vote...wonder how team battle is shaking out

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I got up laaaaaate this morning since I'm not used to staying up past 1am anymore.

I tried Splatfest when it opened last night, was wowed and amazed because everyone was partying all over the place and ran Team Fantasy with some goons. Our percentage was roughly 50%. Matchmaking put us up against other Fantasy teams half the time. We stomped the sci-fi teams we ran into at the beginning, but it started becoming the other way around as it got later. For the record, Our group's average was hovering around 2100 (and mine personally around 1670)

Edit: I'm a bit surprised and sad to see Fantasy got so much of the popular vote, since judging by my friends list and the art produced it looked a lot more even.

Double edit: Oh damnit, when I read "probably not tonight" I took it as meaning that you probably wouldn't have played that night. Welp!

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 18, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah barely anybodybon my friends list even picked a side for this one

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I might log in and grab a couple Ws for Sci-Fi when I get off work today.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Fantasy players: Own all three extended edition LOTR movies and discuss and analyze recent books/films among their circle of friends/D&D group. Content creator.

Sci-fi players: Spent their last paycheck on Rick and Morty graphic tees and Star Wars Battlefront loot crates. Consumes content only.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

are there 3 fantasyheads around

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im around all night.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i havent had ten minutes to myself since it started and ive got a friendsgiving in 20 so im gonna miss this one too. team fantasy, please win

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Had my first run in with a Sci fi team and we whipped them despite being down a guy for the whole game.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
gg wp

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
The other goons called it a night, but I can still play if we can wrangle up folks for fantasy

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Shifty station was pretty good this time. I felt controlling and using the left side ink rail was the most important thing to winning but very few people used it well. It is annoying to have to jump a gap to use it. Toward the end of my run i started controlling the right side amd denying the other team's ink rail from across the gap

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I wanna buy this but how much is there to do offline? I know it's MP at the core and I'm into that but I play my Switch a ton on the bus and stuff ...... will there be anything to do when i'm offline in handheld mode after I beat that?

edit: or even if not, is there more to the campaign than a platoon 1?

goferchan fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 20, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

I wanna buy this but how much is there to do offline? I know it's MP at the core and I'm into that but I play my Switch a ton on the bus and stuff ...... will there be anything to do when i'm offline in handheld mode after I beat that?

edit: or even if not, is there more to the campaign than a platoon 1?

theres a single player thats more involved than 1, you get to use every weapon type over the course of it and the levels are more cleverly designed. its pretty short and meant to be replayed, it keeps tracking of your clear time for all the levels. I enjoyed try to speed throughand ive beaten it like 6 times

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That's cool. As long as there's stuff to mess around with with no wifi I'll probably pick it up soon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/932805606662070272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

There's going to be a video posted in about 8 hours detailing a "major update". They did a big "Fashion Update" for 1 that added a lot more clothes, so I bet this is that + they're teasing a new hairstyle. There's also been rumors/datamined info about a possible new Ranked Mode which I'm very curious about

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

• The new content comes in two free software updates, with the first one arriving this Friday.
  • Four new stages arriving. Two of them are from Splatoon 1:
  • Mako Mart (this saturday)
  • Shellendorf Institute
  • Walleye Warehouse
  • Arowana Mall
  • New Salmon Run stage, Salmonid Smokeyard, coming immediately with the Friday's update
  • More gear to purchase and level
  • New battle tunes from two bands: Bottom Feeders and Ink Theory
  • Four new hairstyles for your Inklings
  • Improved photo mode, now you can take photos from the stages themselves
  • You can swap your gear while in the lobby. Booyah!
  • Level cap raised to 99 - you can reset your level then and start again from ★1
  • New Ranked Battle Mode: Clam Blitz
  • In Clam Blitz you collect clams and throw them in your opponents basket for points. You have to destroy the barrier protecting the basket with a Power Clam. You get one by collecting 10 clams. First to score 100 points wins.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One of the new weapons in the video was a brella that you could fire while the shield was up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also they final;ly caved on this: Players who want to change gear between battles in Regular Battle, Ranked Battle and Splatfest Battle (Solo) won’t have to exit to the lobby anymore! After downloading the update, gear can be swapped out without leaving the match room, making it quicker to get back to splatting. For Regular Battle, this also means you can play the next battle with the same players.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
new updates look good!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Also they final;ly caved on this: Players who want to change gear between battles in Regular Battle, Ranked Battle and Splatfest Battle (Solo) won’t have to exit to the lobby anymore! After downloading the update, gear can be swapped out without leaving the match room, making it quicker to get back to splatting. For Regular Battle, this also means you can play the next battle with the same players.

thank you nintendo. god bless

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That's an insane amount of content.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

• In Clam Blitz you collect clams and throw them in your opponents basket for points. You have to destroy the barrier protecting the basket with a Power Clam. You get one by collecting 10 clams. First to score 100 points wins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioWC-sT0iZI

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8tTEaVJyUM

the splatoon composers are sick in the head

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8tTEaVJyUM

the splatoon composers are sick in the head

this is awesome

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

In Training posted:

Yesss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

2.0 is almost live...they buffed Tri Slosher back to launch power. gently caress yeah!!!!

In Training fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Nov 24, 2017

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm so glad I picked this up - made it to level 6 yesterday and called it a night . I'm still a fresh noob but I added everyone in the OP, play some salmon run with me or something

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Single player is cool.... if all the boss fights are as good as that first toaster monster I'm in for a treat

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

Single player is cool.... if all the boss fights are as good as that first toaster monster I'm in for a treat
They're better. Your in luck.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only boss I didn't like was the last because it was just a worse version of the S1 fight but if you never played that you'll love it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I have no idea how the freshness bonus and the decimal number works ... it's tracked per-weapon or something? I noticed getting 3k bonus XP on the game where I hit 5.0, does that just happen at certain thershholds or something?

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Yeah it's kind of a winstreak/win% tracker for each weapon but only for turf war. You get a bonus the first time you hit 5, 10, 15 with a weapon. Each win gives +1 and a loss takes between 0.5 and 1.5 depending on what freshness you're at. And there's a colored flag icon on the weapon select screen that shows your freshness tier there

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ahhhh ok thank you . Took me a while to realize it was tracked per weapon. I'm like one game away from level 10 so I'll be graduating from Turf War very soon anyways :cool:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ranked mode is where they would put down a message that says the real Splatoon 2 starts here if that existed in inkopolis Square

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I know some people absolutely hate it but there's nothing like the rush you get from just dominating a Rainmaker map in like 14 seconds. The slam dunk animation at the end certainly adds to this effect.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
splatoon 1 final boss is epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Man I need to switch off my hat with the useless "special charges faster when someone on your team disconnects" ability but my outfit is so good

• Locked thread