Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I also don't remember when Cucumber Quest was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

flatluigi posted:

As opposed to you, who only feels things when they drop driveby shitposts on an internet forum

Do you... not love to poo poo post?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Anyway, I liked the Kirby comic.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I also don't remember when Cucumber Quest was funny.

That offer for a free hug is still open. You always seem like you need one.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

J.A.B.C. posted:

That offer for a free hug is still open. You always seem like you need one.

That's really creepy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fangz posted:

It was both a good comic AND a reminder to update my ignore list. gigi really likes kirby, I think it's cute.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Fangz posted:

It was incredibly cute and good. What kind of cynical rear end in a top hat doesn't like Kirby?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

That's really creepy.

At least it isn't a tired trolling gimmick.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

That's really creepy.

You like Golden Kamui

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Samovar posted:

You like Golden Kamui

okay botl is a terrible poster but please don't talk poo poo about golden kamui and its beautiful naked men

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Samovar posted:

You like Golden Kamui

Golden Kamui is completely innocent and wholesome.

J.A.B.C. posted:

At least it isn't a tired trolling gimmick.

Well that's a quick turnaround.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Begemot posted:

It was incredibly cute and good. What kind of cynical rear end in a top hat doesn't like Kirby?

For a second I forgot what thread we were in and thought you meant Jack Kirby, and now I have a mighty need to see Kirby as drawn by Kirby. Like, with the Krackle, and one of those craggy Darkseid faces where he's revelling in how evil everything is

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Only if we get Liefeld as Dedede. He can have pouches on his hammer.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm surprised no one ever drew Kirby as Kirby or Kirby in Kirby's style, or at least that it doesn't instantly pop up in a Google search.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe the soft, round shapes of Kirby's universe are simply too antithetical to the King's harsh angularity?

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
That Taranza segment hit me hard :smith:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Samovar posted:

You like Golden Kamui

As well he should. It's way better than Cucumber Quest.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Phy posted:

For a second I forgot what thread we were in and thought you meant Jack Kirby, and now I have a mighty need to see Kirby as drawn by Kirby. Like, with the Krackle, and one of those craggy Darkseid faces where he's revelling in how evil everything is

source

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I think I've seen a Jack Kirby/Kirby crossover elsewhere (though maybe in the context of Super Smash Bros.?), but I can't for the life of me recall where I saw that.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
never been a bad kirb

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

graybook posted:

I think I've seen a Jack Kirby/Kirby crossover elsewhere (though maybe in the context of Super Smash Bros.?), but I can't for the life of me recall where I saw that.

I know the guy who drew it was posting it on luelinks too but can't find it over there and don't remember his username.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Who What Now posted:

As well he should. It's way better than Cucumber Quest.

I didn't say anything about one being better than the other, just reflecting on how odd it is that a person who likes Golden Kamui finds the offer of a hug creepy.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Samovar posted:

I didn't say anything about one being better than the other, just reflecting on how odd it is that a person who likes Golden Kamui finds the offer of a hug creepy.

lol

"Heheh, you like that series? It's got gore right? Heh heh, bet you don't mind. Bet you don't mind anything. You'd like a hug, right? Heh heh."

You must be a real hit with the ladies.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

lol

"Heheh, you like that series? It's got gore right? Heh heh, bet you don't mind. Bet you don't mind anything. You'd like a hug, right? Heh heh."

You must be a real hit with the ladies.

I wasn't thinking so much the gore, more the Jame Gumb rip-off.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It accepts my hug, or else it gets the hose again.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Please go away.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway
It's like you people are afraid to use this feature. Is ignoring a platinum only feature?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

IUG posted:

It's like you people are afraid to use this feature. Is ignoring a platinum only feature?

No, but it certainly doesn't stop other people from replying to the person for pages either

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
emotions are running high in the cucumber quest thread

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

No-one likes a killjoy

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

IUG posted:

The thing is, Something Awful has certain traits, as follows:

1) "Shitposting" is encouraged, so that it's very unlikely that you'll be moderated for dominating any given thread with unpopular, stupid, or questionably relevant opinions for several dozen pages at a time. That's just not how the mods here work.
2) There's generally only one megathread for any given topic, so side conversations don't break off into separate threads.

As a result:

1) Settling on a general trolling schtick, and repeating it endlessly in a large number of threads in different subforums, is a low-effort strategy that sees a high reward in terms of getting people's attention if that's what you're hungry for.
2) Even if most people ignore you, it really only needs a couple of people to bite for your to dominate several pages of people explaining why you should be ignored every time you cast your net.
3) And this explaining is visible even to the people who did ignore you.

So:

1) This keeps happening.

And it will pretty much continue to happen indefinitely, unless SA decides it cares enough to change moderation policies to make it happen less, because it's what the setup encourages. You pretty much just have to put up with it, and maybe specifically label your webcomics thread as a hopefully clevinless zone.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The secret is to find something more compelling to talk about, but unfortunately this is the thread for the webcomic Cucumber Quest.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Rand Brittain posted:

1) "Shitposting" is encouraged, so that it's very unlikely that you'll be moderated for dominating any given thread with unpopular, stupid, or questionably relevant opinions for several dozen pages at a time. That's just not how the mods here work.
2) There's generally only one megathread for any given topic, so side conversations don't break off into separate threads.

As a result:

1) Settling on a general trolling schtick, and repeating it endlessly in a large number of threads in different subforums, is a low-effort strategy that sees a high reward in terms of getting people's attention if that's what you're hungry for.
2) Even if most people ignore you, it really only needs a couple of people to bite for your to dominate several pages of people explaining why you should be ignored every time you cast your net.

So:

1) This keeps happening.

And it will pretty much continue to happen indefinitely, unless SA decides it cares enough to change moderation policies to make it happen less, because it's what the setup encourages. You pretty much just have to put up with it, and maybe specifically label your webcomics thread as a hopefully clevinless zone.

Boy, I can't imagine why this dumb, dead forum is dying.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
What are people upset about again?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Schwarzwald posted:

What are people upset about again?

The anger is automatic and involuntary at this point. They all know that they're simply repeating the same pattern, but can't help themselves.

e: In fact, I think there's a webcomic called Cucumber Quest that's about people who are stuck repeating their failure ad infinitum, and remain in the same unsolvable antagonism.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 19, 2017

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Rand Brittain posted:

As a result:

So:

1) This keeps happening.

General trolling of this type is against the forum rules. If they are doing it across multiple threads, report it in every thread where it's applicable.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Rand Brittain posted:

As a result:

So:

1) This keeps happening.

You wanna post on reddit? Cuz you can. It’s free, even.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

e: In fact, I think there's a webcomic called Cucumber Quest that's about people who are stuck repeating their failure ad infinitum, and remain in the same unsolvable antagonism.
The manner in which they unwrap this fact IS compelling, for the protagonists and antagonists alike.

In another year or so, you can toss me an "I told you so" but in terms of breaking a chain of failure I feel this will be more satisfying than others of its kind have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

The anger is automatic and involuntary at this point. They all know that they're simply repeating the same pattern, but can't help themselves.

Well, I can understand your knowledge of this subject. I mean, I have read your posting.