Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Cyborg exists to just be The Black Dude in a lot of appearances, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

poparena posted:

Got a new Doctor Who book review done, this time for "Lucifer Rising" by Andy Lane & Jim Mortimore.

Nice, I love these. As someone who grew up in that period when the show was still on re runs but there was a lot of extra stuff being made like that really strange pc game that had the Anthony Ainley Master as an FMV villain I really appreciate getting a look back at the stuff I missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoJ_m5pH0-o&t=619s

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

When you have friends you can occasionally end up in a situation where you're all watching a movie together that you didn't really want to see.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It's Bad Superhero Hot Takes Season already?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Augus posted:

It's Bad Superhero Hot Takes Season already?

With all the various Marvel/DC movies and shows coming out all the time, it's the Bad Superhero Hot Takes Season That Never Ends. :kheldragar:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking negatively about a movie - a red hot take.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Speaking negatively about a movie - a red hot take.

Nah it's generally agreed upon that Batman vs Superman was pretty bad.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Augus posted:

Nah it's generally agreed upon that Batman vs Superman was pretty bad.

Everything after it came out has proven that BvS is too truthful for a superhero fantasy, hence the negative reaction. Turns out that the world is ruled by desperation, paranoia, and corrupted public discourse, and the self-destructive billionaire with the pisstape/jar won.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i managed to stop this with the diaper chat before but please for the love of god, BotL can barely post in CD anymore without eating a months probation, just stop talking to him

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Hopefully there will be another lootbox controversy.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017
It's the weekend, time for BotL to poo poo up the thread in the laziest way possible.

New Butt Order fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 19, 2017

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Everything after it came out has proven that BvS is too truthful for a superhero fantasy, hence the negative reaction. Turns out that the world is ruled by desperation, paranoia, and corrupted public discourse, and the self-destructive billionaire with the pisstape/jar won.

I can't believe that zack snyder has watched at least 5 minutes of cable news within the past decade and a half of American history, what a brilliant artist he is.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Augus posted:

I can't believe that zack snyder has watched at least 5 minutes of cable news within the past decade and a half of American history, what a brilliant artist he is.

Pointing out that the emperor has no clothes is in itself a radical act, as is the case with inserting reality into a genre of escapist fantasy. This is how you get stuff like Watchmen.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Pointing out that the emperor has no clothes by, say, inserting reality into escapism is in itself a radical act. This is how you get stuff like Watchmen.

yeah would be cool to see a good movie that does that.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
The best response to BOTL was pointing out they are the Troy Duffy to SMG's Quentin Tarantino

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Sometimes the only way to win is not to play at all.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Augus posted:

yeah would be cool to see a good movie that does that.

Not too hard to find that. BvS combines absurd fantasy and off-putting realism the exact same manner as Watchmen, and in form is actually a more faithful adaptation.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the deep symbolism of a dragon ball z fight with electric guitars in the background
I was truly moved by this bold artistic statement

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Time for some feel-good internet critic postings.

This interaction was cute:

https://twitter.com/PushinUpRoses/status/932025064324845568

https://twitter.com/PushinUpRoses/status/932031415578976259

https://twitter.com/snailfrogs/status/932046485423775744

https://twitter.com/Bpwnertron/status/932033594310131712

https://twitter.com/CharonPDX/status/932049640584704000

https://twitter.com/PushinUpRoses/status/932048767691476992

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I give it two out of four feel-goods.

Augus posted:

the deep symbolism of a dragon ball z fight with electric guitars in the background

The appeal of dragon ball z and eletric guitars is, indeed, that they are bold.

Loudly declaring that someone should be ignored simply makes them harder to ignore.

Thus the the pages of demands in this vein have accomplished the exact opposite.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Augus posted:

Wait is that what BvS is? That sounds way doper than anything I'd heard about it before.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Pro tip

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The other bad poster I had muted doesn’t even post in this thread any more.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

same but for botl

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It made me laugh that Mike was not very happy with Thor: Ragnarok (mainly because he had a bad theater experience), but was fine with Justice League because it was bad enough to be entertaining. If nothing else I can rarely, if ever, figure out where he's going to fall on a film.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Seeing side-by-side shots, it's hard not to be entertained when you compare a person with an eye for visuals with someone who doesn't have an eye for anything (except women to creep on). And them cutting between each other shot after shot.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Jimbot posted:

Seeing side-by-side shots, it's hard not to be entertained when you compare a person with an eye for visuals with someone who doesn't have an eye for anything (except women to creep on). And them cutting between each other shot after shot.

You wanna elaborate on this joke?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

I Before E posted:

Wait is that what BvS is? That sounds way doper than anything I'd heard about it before.

No, that's what DBZ is.

BvS does have a fight, at the very end of a three hour long slogfest, that can remind people of DBZ, but it doesn't look very good, doesn't flow well, and doesn't make a whole lot of sense, like, there's one point where Superman stops fighting so he can go save Lois, and his presence isn't missed at all, Wonder Woman does all the heavy lifting in the fight before and after he leaves.

Watch it on YouTube if you must, there's barely any setup to it in the movie proper so you're not going to be missing much by way of context.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

My favourite part of Justice League is when Wonder Woman talks to Superman like they were long time friends, even calling him Kal El (a name she only knows b/c Zod broadcast it worldwide), when he never even knew her name.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dragon Ball Super had a pretty good episode today

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

How does this correlate with the Turkish Airlines product placement?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Time for some feel-good internet critic postings.

This interaction was cute:

https://twitter.com/CharonPDX/status/932049640584704000

I love seeing that she used the Thank You bit from SQ6. :allears:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Andrast posted:

Dragon Ball Super had a pretty good episode today

The DBZ movies are legit better DC films than DC films.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

FoldableHuman posted:

My favourite part of Justice League is when Wonder Woman talks to Superman like they were long time friends, even calling him Kal El (a name she only knows b/c Zod broadcast it worldwide), when he never even knew her name.

They're super friends, you see.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I apologize for implying that the fight scene in BvS had good framing or choreography, that was not my intention.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I liked Man of Steel. But then again, I'm also not really into Superman so that may have had something to do with it.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Augus posted:

I apologize for implying that the fight scene in BvS had good framing or choreography, that was not my intention.

It is pretty good, since Snyder is a rare director whose CGI fests have weight and impact to them.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 19, 2017

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

They're super friends, you see.

When will El Dorado and Apache Chief join the team?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I'll say it again, just make the actual best Superman story into a movie instead. (Red Son)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Yardbomb posted:

I'll say it again, just make the actual best Superman story into a movie instead. (Red Son)

This, Red Son is a masterpiece.

• Locked thread