Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Manatee Cannon posted:

some people were mad that ellie was gay I think but nobody was upset that the dlc was character focused. that's a big part of what people liked in tlou

Also I think it bears mentioning that “getting kissed by your friend in an emotionally charged moment =/= gay” and there were probably 20 pages of discussion on that in what were probably the darkest days of TLoU PS3 thread

Edit: she totally could be gay, but everything that people did to misinterpret the ending of the game was in FULL EFFECT for the end of the DLC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

persona 5 is a cool anime jazz game, i like it

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

rabidsquid posted:

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.

veni veni veni posted:

The pro looks like it has 3 layers, Slim and OG PS4 have 2 layers. Chances are if it's used it's an OG destiny bundle but it's not impossible it's a pro. Destiny 2 has a pro bundle and 1 had a normal PS4 buncdle. They are both white. Definitely go for one of the newer models and skip the original PS4 at this point.

Oneiros posted:

I think there was a white OG PS4 bundled with Destiny 1.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Well, you could just ask the salesperson if it's a Pro or vanilla. Barring that, at a glance the old version looks like 2 stacked trapezoids and the Pro is 3. AKA this: https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-...ywords=PS4&th=1 vs this: https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-...dpSrc=srch&th=1

Well, efb but I provided pictures!

Awesome, this is a lot of good information to go off of, thank you all so very much! I'll try to get over there tonight and take a closer look and see if it's a Pro or not. Are there issues with the OG version versus the Slim or Pro, if anything?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Seiyal posted:

Awesome, this is a lot of good information to go off of, thank you all so very much! I'll try to get over there tonight and take a closer look and see if it's a Pro or not. Are there issues with the OG version versus the Slim or Pro, if anything?

The slim and pro have better wifi, run cooler and in most cases quieter. Do not get an OG ps4 unless is drat cheap.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

One caveat, if you weren't going to get a pro, and your audio set up is based on optical, I believe the slims don't have optional so you still want a og ps4 for that (the pro has optical as well)

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I've been slowly ticking away at Persona 5 since release and my wife pointed out that I've been pretty much playing along month by month in real time with the in-game calender. I wasn't even trying to do anything like that, just funny how it worked out. I think there was a thread on Gaf where someone wanted to play the game day by day in real time with the game to make it all seem more real or something.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Seiyal posted:

OG fat can have some static buildup issues with the touch-sensitive buttons, but I don’t think there have been any widespread hardware issues beyond that. Slim is smaller, quieter, less power-hungry, and has physical buttons. Pro has 4k / HDR support and can boost frame rate on some older games.

ed; beaten :argh:

Oh yeah, the slim adds 5GHz wifi over the OG but wifi sucks on all models, use an ethernet cable if you can.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

All ps4s are capable of hdr.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

I've been slowly ticking away at Persona 5 since release and my wife pointed out that I've been pretty much playing along month by month in real time with the in-game calender. I wasn't even trying to do anything like that, just funny how it worked out. I think there was a thread on Gaf where someone wanted to play the game day by day in real time with the game to make it all seem more real or something.

people have done that with the previous games

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Ineffiable posted:

One caveat, if you weren't going to get a pro, and your audio set up is based on optical, I believe the slims don't have optional so you still want a og ps4 for that (the pro has optical as well)

This hosed me up and I ended up upgrading my receiver from the 10 year old one i had and then several months later got a pro anyways :v:

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.

Guillermus posted:

The slim and pro have better wifi, run cooler and in most cases quieter. Do not get an OG ps4 unless is drat cheap.

Ineffiable posted:

Oneiros posted:

OG fat can have some static buildup issues with the touch-sensitive buttons, but I don’t think there have been any widespread hardware issues beyond that. Slim is smaller, quieter, less power-hungry, and has physical buttons. Pro has 4k / HDR support and can boost frame rate on some older games.

ed; beaten :argh:

Oh yeah, the slim adds 5GHz wifi over the OG but wifi sucks on all models, use an ethernet cable if you can.

Thanks again for the help all. I went to check out the unit a bit closer and it was indeed an OG Destiny unit. After close inspection, it wasn't in the best shape either, so I'm gonna pass on it for now. I think I'll try to keep an eye out for either a Slim or Pro down the line since it's not really incredibly urgent. But at least I know now what's the better option(s) so I really appreciate it!

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

doingitwrong posted:

Anyone tried Hand of Fate 2?

I'm having fun with it. It's pretty much the first game except improved across the board.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I never played the first game though it seemed promising. If you're up for it I'd love to hear more.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I beat HoF 2 and absolutely loved it. Every single level is unique with its own challenges and puzzles, unlike the first game where the main differences were just the enemies you faced and what curses you started with. Combat is also much improved and weapon choice is a lot more meaningful. It's great, play it.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Edit: she totally could be gay, but everything that people did to misinterpret the ending of the game was in FULL EFFECT for the end of the DLC

How did people misinterpret the ending of the game?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sorry two girls kissing isn't gay until they've moved in with each other.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Seiyal posted:

Thanks again for the help all. I went to check out the unit a bit closer and it was indeed an OG Destiny unit. After close inspection, it wasn't in the best shape either, so I'm gonna pass on it for now. I think I'll try to keep an eye out for either a Slim or Pro down the line since it's not really incredibly urgent. But at least I know now what's the better option(s) so I really appreciate it!

Black Friday the Slim should be around $199 most places.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Sakurazuka posted:

Sorry two girls kissing isn't gay until they've moved in with each other.

What if they're just roommates?!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Also I think it bears mentioning that “getting kissed by your friend in an emotionally charged moment =/= gay” and there were probably 20 pages of discussion on that in what were probably the darkest days of TLoU PS3 thread

As someone who never read any of those pages, you're an idiot.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

In the past few days my PS4 has turned itself off after being put in rest mode. When I go to turn it on, I have to fiddle with the power and HDMI cables for a while to get it to eventually turn on. It's an OG PS4 from 2015. Any ideas what I need to do? Get a new power cable or is it something more serious?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

In the past few days my PS4 has turned itself off after being put in rest mode. When I go to turn it on, I have to fiddle with the power and HDMI cables for a while to get it to eventually turn on. It's an OG PS4 from 2015. Any ideas what I need to do? Get a new power cable or is it something more serious?

Mines started doing that too. Never have to fiddle with cables but sometimes it does take a few tries to respond to the power button after it does that. Same deal, original model from 2014

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
The best writing this gen is definitely in Rocket League.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Just popping in to say I restarted Nier Automata after stalling out forever ago during 9S's boring part but it has good writing despite being extremely anime.

Also the forest castle is extremely good.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Wolfsheim posted:

Just popping in to say I restarted Nier Automata after stalling out forever ago during 9S's boring part but it has good writing despite being extremely anime.

Also the forest castle is extremely good.
I had a similar experience and believe that it is a very good game that is best enjoyed with long breaks between routes a b and c. The endings are very good but you do not need to rush through them all.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Oxxidation posted:

Those pages sound less like an argument and more like the time a guy got really pissed at fallout for that one perk thing.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bust Rodd posted:

This. But it's also obvious that the release of Left Behind was a politically sensitive moment where arguing about whether she was or not was kind of beside the point, and also :laffo: Ellen Page came out on the very same day that left Behind was released which was weird and awesome.

blue squares posted:

Horizon zero dawn is the best game on the ps4

HZD is good, but is almost pedestrian in quality compared to Bloodborne. Bloodborne is in the top 10 of all time across all consoles.

rabidsquid posted:

:yeah:

Sakurazuka posted:

Sorry two girls kissing isn't gay until they've purchased their first Subaru.

ftfy

Oxxidation posted:

Or you are. BAZINGA!

Lumpy posted:

The best writing this gen is definitely in Rocket League.

"Breathing underwater...can't let you go won't let you go..."

CharlestheHammer posted:

Those pages sound less like an argument and more like the time a guy got really pissed at fallout for that one perk thing.

I'm sorry, but the Left Behind discussion does not even scratch the surface of stupidity that was the "Confirmed Bachelor" derail.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

did no one post this yet because unless I'm missing something e-delivery 1yr PS+ for $40 at amazon ??

https://smile.amazon.com/Year-PlayS...redirect=1&th=1

slickdeals thread:

https://slickdeals.net/f/10849187-1-year-sony-playstation-plus-membership-digital-code-for-39-99-amazon-gamestop

-edit looks like limit of 2

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Nov 19, 2017

revolther
May 27, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

HZD is good, but is almost pedestrian in quality compared to Bloodborne. Bloodborne is in the top 10 of all time across all consoles.
This is hilarious. Previously it was a very special sort of person that could power through any of the King's Field games but now they have fan boys.

Not only does Bloodborne look, play, and run like a turd comparatively, that is just an objective truth; nut moreover, Bloodborne is also merely the least bad game in a series of bad games by a (pretty)bad developer who is having a brief moment in the spotlight in response to bad industry practices.

The brief foray into motion controls and "making gaming accessible for everyone" lowered the standards across the board in the industry and the popularity of poorly designed games that "don't hold your hand" is a backlash, it didn't make FromSoft good at developing fun interesting games to play, it just made a bigger niche audience willing to accept bump-mapped turd fests as AAA titles.

I get it, you've drank the Kool-Aid and now everything is Bloodborne and nothing hurts, but the rest of us who aren't losing touch with reality are finding year 3 of this poo poo dull.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Source your quotes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Good Lord.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

revolther posted:

This is hilarious. Previously it was a very special sort of person that could power through any of the King's Field games but now they have fan boys.

Not only does Bloodborne look, play, and run like a turd comparatively, that is just an objective truth; nut moreover, Bloodborne is also merely the least bad game in a series of bad games by a (pretty)bad developer who is having a brief moment in the spotlight in response to bad industry practices.

The brief foray into motion controls and "making gaming accessible for everyone" lowered the standards across the board in the industry and the popularity of poorly designed games that "don't hold your hand" is a backlash, it didn't make FromSoft good at developing fun interesting games to play, it just made a bigger niche audience willing to accept bump-mapped turd fests as AAA titles.

I get it, you've drank the Kool-Aid and now everything is Bloodborne and nothing hurts, but the rest of us who aren't losing touch with reality are finding year 3 of this poo poo dull.

Nah

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

revolther posted:

:bloodborne:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

revolther posted:

Put a cat over your PS4.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

revolther posted:

I really liked DS1 and DS3 tho...

DanZX
May 5, 2015

revolther posted:

Are you ok there buddy? This is a safe place to ask for help with yor bad opinions.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

revolther posted:

[frenzy intensifies]

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

im sure Bloodborne is amazing for people who like Dark Souls games but i hate dark souls games

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I've never played a dark souls game but bloodborne is a great game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

blue squares posted:

im sure Bloodborne is amazing for people who like Dark Souls games but i hate dark souls games

I could never get into Dark Souls 1 or Demon's Souls but ended up absolutely loving Bloodborne