Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Saying that some boobie miniatures is bad is not the same as saying entire 40k/violent tabletop miniature wargames are bad.

Also, everybody knows that the current daemonette sculpts are super bad and diaznettes are the ideal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osric
Sep 25, 2012

Atlas Hugged posted:

Cool, so you had no interest in a good faith conversation and are here specifically to troll. Good to know I don't need to continue this any further.
Actually I think I illustrated the flaw in your argument and then gave you a free business idea.

All I ask is a ten percent stake in sales of Genderstealers, Xe-crons and Warbossnotbossy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Osric posted:

People aren't unthinking receptacles of media and the need to make money is not and has never been incompatible with an artistic vision.

But why don't you test your theory. Make your own game: Non-Threatening Utensil 40k, in which players can use gender-neutral models to role-play peaceful exchanges and diplomacy between different Collectives of friendly xenos carefully calculated to teach the right sorts of lessons to kids of all ages.

That way people who like chaos sex daemons and interstellar murder can have their game and you can have yours.

Go gently caress yourself and stay out of my bad mini thread

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
HEY LOOK AT THIS BAD THING. I'M GOING TO DO IT TO MY ELDAR!

Osric
Sep 25, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Go gently caress yourself and stay out of my bad mini thread
I would but I fear such a Slaaneshian feat of self-stimulation would offend your delicate sensibilities.

E: To make up for all the text.

Osric fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 18, 2017

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Osric posted:

I would but I fear such a Slaaneshian feat of self-stimulation would offend your delicate sensibilities.

E: To make up for all the text.

You are perfectly welcome to start your own Artistic Titty Miniatures Appreciation thread and wax poetic about the subtle highlights on dick demons all you want. This thread is about bad (or sometimes extra awesome) minis.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Was wondering when the rape diorama guy would show up

Osric
Sep 25, 2012

Bucnasti posted:

You are perfectly welcome to start your own Artistic Titty Miniatures Appreciation thread and wax poetic about the subtle highlights on dick demons all you want. This thread is about bad (or sometimes extra awesome) minis.
I'm not particularly into titty-figures or dick-demons but some of them are awesome and hilarious and I'm not a 17th century puritan who wants to melt them in fire.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

DiHK posted:

Wrong thread. So much. My god.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

DiHK posted:

gently caress yes.

Living the Chris Foss dream.

This is my dream color scheme for an army sometime

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Osric posted:

I'm not particularly into titty-figures or dick-demons but some of them are awesome and hilarious and I'm not a 17th century puritan who wants to melt them in fire.
Yet I'm guessing you'd raise a stink about waifish sexy twink boys being your only option for male minis, wouldn't you?

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Atlas Hugged posted:

There's very little about them that is overtly sexual. Compare this to boob armor, skimpy clothes and string bikinis, and absurd hips and bust sizes, plus poses that emphasize those assets.

They teach young men and boys from an early age that this is how women are supposed to be portrayed. We've normalized the fact that women aren't supposed to be depicted the same or valued for the same reasons as men.

:allears:

You're literally getting mad that toy models are too sexy, to you. What the gently caress does a daemonette even need armor for? It doesn't give a poo poo if it gets hurt. In fact, it wants to get hurt. Tell a daemonette she needs full plate mail just like astartes because otherwise other demons will look at her lustfully and teach nurglings to that it's okay to only have one breast exposed and wear leather bustiers in battle.

Let's not even get started on Zarakynel.

Also, I don't think you understand the meaning of the word same.

DiHK posted:

Hey :saddowns: I think this looks awesome.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 18, 2017

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am intimidated by tiny, plastic/metal tits.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

:allears:

You're literally getting mad that toy models are too sexy, to you. What the gently caress does a daemonette even need armor for? It doesn't give a poo poo if it gets hurt. In fact, it wants to get hurt. Tell a daemonette she needs full plate mail just like astartes because otherwise other demons will look at her lustfully and teach nurglings to that it's okay to only have one breast exposed and wear leather bustiers in battle.

I'm not talking about daemonettes. I have no idea what gave you that impression.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

If anything, the worst thing about daemonettes is their current faces.

I guess outside of Asian MMOs, the biggest differences in female vs. male armor is probably in infinity, since they mix genders in units. Although anything ARM 2 and above is usually fully clad in armor, so you only get poses and boobplate maybe.

At ARM 1 and ARM 0 you're basically arguing about the importance of battle sweaters.

Ed: that Warthog camo would work wonders on eldar/harlequin.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm not talking about daemonettes. I have no idea what gave you that impression.

Not sure if these got posted yet but

Pepsicus Pattern Pop Pod

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I have to give this one points for ingenuity.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
RGGH! DUNKY GET OUTTA MA SWAMP!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

DiHK posted:

My mate does Chris Foss Scourge for Dropfleet and it looks loving awesome.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

My mate does Chris Foss Scourge for Dropfleet and it looks loving awesome.
No it doesn't. Pics or :frogout:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I mean you guys are allowed to paint all the titty minis you want, and we're allowed to then make fun of you for it :shrug:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Osric posted:

People aren't unthinking receptacles of media and the need to make money is not and has never been incompatible with an artistic vision.

But why don't you test your theory. Make your own game: Non-Threatening Utensil 40k, in which players can use gender-neutral models to role-play peaceful exchanges and diplomacy between different Collectives of friendly xenos carefully calculated to teach the right sorts of lessons to kids of all ages.

That way people who like chaos sex daemons and interstellar murder can have their game and you can have yours.

lol you're a piece of poo poo

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yes!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

I feel like Will Smith should sing the theme to whatever movie this is ends up in.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Tbh, that's how everyone wanted to use it instead of just leaving it to be scenery.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Needs some trimming.

The pepsi bottle thing is 100% counts-as appropriate.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

goatface posted:

Needs some trimming.

The pepsi bottle thing is 100% counts-as appropriate.

Plastic bottle = droppod
Aluminum can = carnifex (canifex)

It's legit!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I wish I was that skull

if I could transform into anything in life it would be that skull

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space

I like the meticulously detailed garbage dump it's crawling out of.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
That's just that scene from Toy Story in Sid's room.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The close button is too close to the reply button on mobile

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Wanna pet that dog.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I think your dog has automobileism

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Osric posted:

Why do people in this thread hate boobs so much?

Warhammer 40k’s whole aesthetic is OTT pulpy/body-horror/H.R Giger-esque weirdness. Tits are totally appropriate.

Some of the titified conversions are hilariously silly and personally I wouldn’t buy a model that was hanging tit because I like a tiny bit of realism in my weird fantasy models.

But tits certainly aren’t bad or evil or even out of place in a 40k aesthetic.

Its kinda a symptom of the darker and edgier direction they've taken it.

Like boobs were fine when eldar were glam-rockers and poo poo but these days it takes itself too seriously.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Atlas Hugged posted:

I feel like Will Smith should sing the theme to whatever movie this is ends up in.

Wild Wild West came out something like 20 years ago, he not only acted in but sang the theme song but I'm pretty sure this was actually in it. I can only conclude that Will Smith is setting trends for wargaming but the studio pipeline at GW is now so long that we only just got this.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Ugleb posted:

Wild Wild West came out something like 20 years ago, he not only acted in but sang the theme song but I'm pretty sure this was actually in it.

Yes, this was the joke I was making.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ugleb posted:

Wild Wild West came out something like 20 years ago, he not only acted in but sang the theme song but I'm pretty sure this was actually in it. I can only conclude that Will Smith is setting trends for wargaming but the studio pipeline at GW is now so long that we only just got this.

bruh

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Skails posted:

I like the meticulously detailed garbage dump it's crawling out of.

Behold one of the horrors of Planet Catfood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
thread relevant