Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

being as I just binged the big 4 all a few months back this is obviously exciting

and then

of course

that fucker even in my manga

e: also re: the end twist well I guess I need to finally cross something off that backlog, post-haste

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Thanks!

Been having an urge lately to rewatch Monster, but not sure if it would hold up as well on second viewing.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Thanks!

Been having an urge lately to rewatch Monster, but not sure if it would hold up as well on second viewing.

The veeeeery end is a bit lame and Eva comes off as a character somebody would write after coming off a messy divorce but other than that it's pretty much fine.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Monster and 20th Century Boys are the only ones I've finished of his so far but endings feeling like a bit of a letdown was a common trend in both.

I should maybe read Billy Bat sometime.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Zerilan posted:

I should maybe read Billy Bat sometime.

Billy Bat is my favorite of the bunch. It's like Urasawa challenged himself to make the reader say "What the gently caress!?" every chapter with steadily increasing volume.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Pluto is the best, read pluto

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
End of that chapter: That character is ringing some serious bells, is he meant to be somebody?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Pierson posted:

End of that chapter: That character is ringing some serious bells, is he meant to be somebody?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CJ3Dma77Ls

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i look forward to reading it in several years when it is finished

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

That's one dumbass dad. What's the eta to him getting smacked because jesus christ.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Nov 16, 2017

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Oh a new Urasawa series, I wonder where this is go- :shepface:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

With mujirishi there's also a group on it with a better translation than mangastream imho

http://bato.to/reader#0f4ec720293800c5_1

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Oh a new Urasawa series, I wonder where this is go- :shepface:
Oh my god. I was not ready.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pffff, I've read all his manga, there's nothing Urasawa could do to shock me in the first cha- what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck :psypop:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Soooooooo
When is Urasawa going to draw grimdark realism doraemon.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
As someone who has never read/seen Osomatsu what are the actual implications of this for the comic? Like yeah if it had been Doraemon or something I could probably infer "Doraemon as applied to the world would probably be extremely traumatizing and have huge implications and effects on a person's life" but who is this guy?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a scheming idiot with a signature phrase and pose

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

A refined gentleman who enjoys French culture.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

a scheming idiot with a signature phrase and pose
Hell yeah I'm down.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So is his thing now going to be reimagining grim dark versions of ancient anime properties

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Captain Invictus posted:

So is his thing now going to be reimagining grim dark versions of ancient anime properties

Given how Pluto turned out, I wouldn't mind one bit.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol that was unexpected and a savage own

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I'm catching up with Billy Bat now. What a weird comic. It's definitely engrossing but all the famous people and actual events he stuffs into the series makes it seem as if it's borrowing their weight to make the comic seem really important. Plot-wise it seems to be pinballing characters around like crazy and relying on the voice of god to spur characters into action if things are in danger of slowing down.

He draws a great contempt face though. That Walt Disney-clone guy's expression is the perfect encapsulation of what Miyazaki called Disney's "contempt for his audience".

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

He should do another manga about a cute girl playing a sport

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ringo Roadagain posted:

He should do another manga about a cute girl playing a sport

you monster

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
A Trail of Blood is super weirdin me out

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ARgh I'm dumb boyos should I recognise the person from the end of the latest Urasawa thing?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

EmmyOk posted:

ARgh I'm dumb boyos should I recognise the person from the end of the latest Urasawa thing?

Please watch Osomatsu san immediately

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

iyami is from the osomatsu cartoons. he is a con artist who claims to be from france

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
basically, unless things get even weirder he is the absolute worst person to turn to if this dude is looking to turn his life around.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Obviously it's going to be about the Christian act of accepting this worst of persons.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Read all of Pluto and Billy Bat. Pluto was maybe the better series but Billy Bat was an insane page-turner I couldn't get myself to put down at all.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Chapter 39 of Dungeon Meshi/Delicious In Dungeon: http://mangafox.me/manga/dungeon_meshi/vTBD/c039/1.html

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Nice touch: the author carefully conceals Marcille's hairstyle until the shapeshifters appear.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Punkin Spunkin posted:

A Trail of Blood is super weirdin me out

I guess all the babying has caused him to...devolve? Or maybe he's being poisoned.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Chapter 39 of Dungeon Meshi/Delicious In Dungeon: http://mangafox.me/manga/dungeon_meshi/vTBD/c039/1.html

everything about this chapter is amazing

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Hypocrisy posted:

I guess all the babying has caused him to...devolve? Or maybe he's being poisoned.

He had a mental breakdown last chapter, as evidenced by the fragmented memories. His mom seems to enjoy his dependency on her, so I'm afraid it's all downhill from here.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Binged through Spirit Circle today. It was really good.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Spirit Circle is most definitely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
before i reread riki-oh and fist of the north star i was thinking of making a generic old insane fighting manga thread and wondered if someone has good pictures for it or just fancies letting me be a lazy gently caress