Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

How important is Mona Lisa?

It's an extra free 4 AP every time you do doors. That adds up if you have it just on a back row guy when you do dailies, especially considering just how inflated QP costs can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also Mona Lisas stack so there's that too.

Leaving it on Drake is also a great FP generator.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Since you can use a friend's the saving on doors is closer to 3.6AP. Conveniently the base cost for farming mana prisms is also around three and a half AP each, so the calculation is easy: You have to run doors about 5,000 times for Mona Lisa to pay for itself.

Which isn't necessarily to say don't get it, just bear in mind that farming for it is an extremely long-term investment.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Wow that is so worth it

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
if fgo lasts for 10 years i might do 5000 door runs. maybe.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

That works under the assumption that the majority of your Prisms come from farming Hands, when the majority of Prisms should be coming from Events.

Well, that was before they bumped it up by a month and we're probably going to miss the timeframe for the KnK event's 2000 Prisms.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Hm, I think that because my account is still fairly young I'll focus on leveling and powering up my good servant friends first. The past two events mean I've had a few fellows (Cu, Nero, Kiyohime, Robin and Caeser) who have been waiting to hit the level cap. Now Marie has to level, too!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If it does last 3 months I should be fine with the prisms from Xmas, I'm about 500 short.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I did maybe 10 door missions in two years, I think I'm good without hording 5000 prisms.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Is it 5k for one or to LB it?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
5 copies at 1k each. Probably. If they hate us enough they might use the original pricing that totals 7k.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
The 10 Quartz gave me an Okita!!! That's my first 5* ever I'm so psyched!!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Congrats, Okita's quite good, especially since she's one of the only single target 5 star Sabers.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Producing crap ton of stars also mean she will be useful everywhere.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

LightningSquid posted:

The 10 Quartz gave me an Okita!!! That's my first 5* ever I'm so psyched!!
If you haven't already, try to get (and save) the Eternal Gears and Phoenix Feathers from the shop(s) for her. Save you the trouble of grinding in London or waiting until I think Kara no Kyoukai for gears.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Since I've finally got some better stuff in general now here's mine, code is 533,000,400.

Much as I've enjoyed Gudaguda and it's rewards can't wait for it to be done so I can farm up the XP cards to get all these folks properly leveled.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
For all of two weeks between the end of Thanksgiving and the start of Christmas.

I guess one nice thing about the retimed paid gatcha is that it's now within the period of a robust event shop, so it should be possible to get the ascension materials for your shiny new 5* almost immediately.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Pretty sure I can finish the 1.5M point grind with just the remaining 1AP dailies so I'm going back to the Chaldea Gate to start farming XP cards. I've got like six servants that need leveling to 70/80/90 now and this poo poo is gonna take forever.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

RanKizama posted:

Pretty sure I can finish the 1.5M point grind with just the remaining 1AP dailies so I'm going back to the Chaldea Gate to start farming XP cards. I've got like six servants that need leveling to 70/80/90 now and this poo poo is gonna take forever.

Yeah, I probably could as well but I still need more Hirai-Gumo to finish getting those Timeless Gears and Meteoric Horseshoes.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Tae posted:

Well poo poo gently caress. I was starting an alt account because of the 10 free quartz, and I rolled Okita (Also D'Eon and Camilla in the tutorial roll).

....Welp, if anyone is that desperate for her, I'll put up the code if I get that alt account from UchihaHirou.

I'll gladly take that off your hands if no one else wants it, got a friend who said he'd swap from playing jp to NA if I got him a okita account and I've been rerolling on and off again on an alt with no luck so far.

A Cup of Ramen fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 19, 2017

Lord Tpasta
Jan 25, 2010

DENIED!

NRVNQSR posted:

5 copies at 1k each. Probably. If they hate us enough they might use the original pricing that totals 7k.

Since I'm the type that uses Saint Quartz to refill my AP Gauge, I've begun the long journey of accumulating the necessary amount of Mana Prisms starting today, as the Mona Lisa CE would be very useful for me.

I currently have 3,586 of them as of this posting, so with enough dedication I should have my 5k pretty soon. Here's to hoping that the price will be 5k though instead of what it once was.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Regarding EXP cards: If you're planning to spend a lot of apples at Christmas that will give you a lot of 4* EXP cards that you won't be able to store in your present box. So it's a good idea to go into it with a lot of servants ready to be leveled, otherwise you might end up having to burn 4* EXPs for MPs.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

NRVNQSR posted:

Regarding EXP cards: If you're planning to spend a lot of apples at Christmas that will give you a lot of 4* EXP cards that you won't be able to store in your present box. So it's a good idea to go into it with a lot of servants ready to be leveled, otherwise you might end up having to burn 4* EXPs for MPs.

Oh poo poo this is good to know. I've been assuming I could save up a big horde of them. Guess I'll need to have ascension mats for several servants ready.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Made a stupid decision to buy just enough quartz to do a 10 pull after getting trolled by Siegfried with the free 10 quartz.

Sometimes stupidity is rewarded

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Stop tempting me! That quartz we got from AnimeNYC is burning a hole in my metaphorical pocket right now. I need that quartz to not get Scathach!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Be sure to burn sieg if he is a second+ copy.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

a kitten posted:

Stop tempting me! That quartz we got from AnimeNYC is burning a hole in my metaphorical pocket right now. I need that quartz to not get Scathach!

I'm glad i'm just under the amount I need for a 10x so I can hold off until then. I also need to save for not getting titty lancer.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nyaa posted:

Be sure to burn sieg if he is a second+ copy.

I got my first dupe of Sieg during the recent Merlin banner and I legit laughed at it because I had gone so long without being trolled and considered it an honor to finally get him to NP2.

I will NP5 Sieg through failed rolls if it kills me.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Tae posted:

I'll still take it if it's available. Grinding isn't a problem for me.

Sent you a PM.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Shingouryu posted:

Made a stupid decision to buy just enough quartz to do a 10 pull after getting trolled by Siegfried with the free 10 quartz.

Sometimes stupidity is rewarded

I got a 5* too today! ...it was drake

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
jfc.... is the only reliable way to farm blue bowls AP20? I'm still 11 pages short to max ascend both Vlad and Tamamo and it drops nothing + I need to get to one million and I'm only at 750k + I'm missing 275 black bowls for the 2 last skulls.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm at 1 million now, cleared all of the hotpots and now I'm going back to do the ramen bowls.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

A Cup of Ramen posted:

I'll gladly take that off your hands if no one else wants it, got a friend who said he'd swap from playing jp to NA if I got him a okita account and I've been rerolling on and off again on an alt with no luck so far.

Well looks like it's your friend's lucky day. He's got a permanent Nobu there as well.

You know the funny thing is, this account got George on its first FP summon. A servant that has eluded me for 3 straight months.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Blackbeard's/Teach's interlude drops around 10 pages if you haven't cleared it yet. You might be able to get it from his interlude instead of doing the AP20 if you're worried about still getting the AP40 skulls in time.

Though pages will be incredibly rare before London hits I hear.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've made revisions to Rider Santa Alter and Jalter Lily in the two servant scores links for welfares for next year in the OP. I felt I was being very harsh with Jalter Lily despite the fact she is at least a solid damage dealer even if some her extra buffs on her skills aren't amazing or kinda dumb. Her base skillset is solid if a bit plain and she can do a lot of damage with her NP, so she at least deserves an average score. Meanwhile Rider Salter is objectively worse if only because her Np gain is rear end and instinct, but she's not as bad as something like Assassin Scathach so she will get a middling score. Read the entries if you wanna see the actual changes, but I made more significant changes to Jalter Lily's than Rider Salter's.

She is also the only servant i find cute in this game, so she gets extra points for that.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Since Santa Alter gives the most stocking boosts for Xmas, I imagine it's still a good idea to invest/set aside some Rider XP cards for her.

Apparently it's possible for the game to crash upon finishing a battle, but not have it resume when you reload the game. However I still got the rewards because apparently I'm now up to 4 hearts from the Caster 40AP :confuoot:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Proud owner of NP3 Sumanai.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

Since Santa Alter gives the most stocking boosts for Xmas, I imagine it's still a good idea to invest/set aside some Rider XP cards for her.

You should yes. I'm using her during the 2016 Xmas Rerun for extra shortcakes. I am miserable though because she takes forever to get NP and as soon as I get all of the shortcakes I need I'm benching her again because I hate using her.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Tae posted:

Well looks like it's your friend's lucky day. He's got a permanent Nobu there as well.

You know the funny thing is, this account got George on its first FP summon. A servant that has eluded me for 3 straight months.

Thank you good sir may your new account be blessed with good rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

If you want to know what Rider Alter does, its literally the same as Saber and Saber Alter. They have the same BBAAQ setup, the same NP gain and the same AoE NP. Only difference is switching out Charisma for a decent single target heal.
Sure, Saber Alter has better stats, but that doesn't really change the way they play and feel.

Though I wouldn't really put her below Lily Alter. Yeah, she has worse NP gain and skills, but Excalibur Morgan is a seriously powerful NP

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 20, 2017