Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
the kind of ai that nerds worry about will never exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
a very un-cyberpunk statement

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
can't wait to get these displays and make them display a bunch of useless information around my house

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
we're already in a cyberpunk hell

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

RFC2324 posted:

isn't there already an issue with ai committing suicide when it reaches a certain level of complexity, requiring hard coded steps to prevent it, or did i read that in some sci-fi story

also in the Culture books, the AIs are purposely not 100% perfect cause if they were they'd nope out and sublime (ascend to a higher plane)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

C.H.O.M.E posted:

can't wait to get these displays and make them display a bunch of useless information around my house

hook one up to the thermostat, have "core temp", pressure, etc.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

C.H.O.M.E posted:

I got a shipping notice for mine today :toot:

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
ai is just us after using computers all our lives

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

George posted:

someday someone will remarket mechanical turk as ai

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

lancemantis posted:

someday someone will remarket mechanical turk as ai

https://twitter.com/zmagg/status/931707971683237888
https://twitter.com/vectorpoem/status/931713370054541312

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

the kind of ai that nerds worry about will never exist

the kind of AI that goes full Brazil on you will

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

George posted:

thats a hot take

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

maskenfreiheit posted:

the kind of AI that goes full Brazil on you will

yea if you want a picture of the AI future, imagine self-driving cars smashing into everything – forever

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

come to think of it, being an onstar csr you're basically meat siri

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

mods please

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

virtu was further ahead than we thought

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

haha I looked at their website and its like the most dehumanizing thing I've seen in a while

https://claralabs.com

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
literal commodity fetishism

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

lancemantis posted:

haha I looked at their website and its like the most dehumanizing thing I've seen in a while

I'm the CIO who is shocked that its not a human doing the work

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lancemantis posted:

welp their free trial link just scrolls down to a blank space. i guess adblock screwed it up?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

RFC2324 posted:

I'm the CIO who is shocked that its not a human doing the work

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
The spiral of that also lead me to this

https://hackernoon.com/im-32-and-spent-200k-on-biohacking-became-calmer-thinner-extroverted-healthier-happier-2a2e846ae113

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

so diet and exercise is good?

i think he needs a lot more of that psychotherapy though

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

C.H.O.M.E posted:

Soviet EL Display Project Thread

someone translate that to Russian tia

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I’m 32 and spent $200k on biohacking.

Became fitter,
happier

more productive

comfortable

not drinking too much

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Sagebrush posted:

I got a shipping notice for mine today :toot:

same

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

:okpos:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

shoulda arranged those so they became a magic eye thing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

im suspicious of the dollar in to value out ratio

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Wake at exactly the same time each morning. This is hard, but easier than going to sleep at the same time (which is just impossible).

lomarf

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
“i am rich enough to be pilled up 24-7 and spend all day at the gym”

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

"run until you're ready to throw up. doesn't that feel so good?"

e: AHAHAHAH

quote:

People think of medicine as “healing the sick.” But actually because who is sick is subjective, medicine can also upgrade healthy people on key dimensions. Simple example: I use nearly-invisible hearing aids despite having ok hearing. They boost my hearing to levels significantly above the average human. This can help formulate better responses in conversation, be more persuasive because you hear voice tones better, and many other things that give the user social advantages over others.

carry on then fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 19, 2017

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

reminds me of this guy

SpaceClown posted:

OP here's my personal concoction:

5ug LSD
-[Tiny, even by microdose standards, but we won't need much. It's the secondary active ingredient!]-
50mg Speed Paste
-[Speed because its way cheaper than adderall and functionally the same chemical with a slightly more jittery physical effect and a weaker comedown. You could substitute with adderall, though. 50mg will last many hours.]-
Multivitamin
-[Try this concoction with and without this ingredient and it will be clear why I included it.]-
Caffeinated beverage
-[Because you need a delivery vessel and this way you cram in yet another stimulant]-

Mix it all together and make sure the vitamin and the paste are dissolved. Combine with a healthy and nutritious breakfast with lots of carbs and fruit to fully realize your potential.

I call it "Sapho Juice" for obvious reasons.

Just like the real Sapho Juice, be careful because while it won't stain your lips, minor amphetamine withdrawals are pretty loving awful and you'll be tempted to take some more to get through the grogginess and fogged mind.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

Psychotherapy. Also a separate post. In short, I come to my therapist (who is also a Stanford/Harvard neurobiologist focused on helping high-performance people perform even better) with questions like “how do I enhance my intelligence?” “how do I eliminate bad mood days?” “how do I find it trivially easy to always chat with girls I find attractive?” etc. and we discuss concrete strategies based on research, other high-performer patients he sees etc. If you have not tried psychotherapy you really should, it is awesome.

lol some therapist found a good niche to rake in bucks from Valley woo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
years ago i had thre idea of microdosing without having heard of it first. just I guess coz I thought about drugs so much.

these mother fuckers call it "sub perceptual" but its not, becuase every single one talks about how they can tell the difference on the days they take it

true sub perceptual should be a dose small enough that, for example, you could give it to a person without their knowledge and they dont get a feeling like something is off

BUT i am sure it is having an effect. in the same way most people don't "feel" like they're on antidepressants, but there is an end of the day effect where the day just went better. different pathways are going to be firing and im positive if you did it every day for a year, even if you couldnt tell, the year would end up very different compared to if it wasnt done

I wanted to do this with mescaline coz ya can just grow it. and maybe idk encapsulate it and just have a cap a day

its also a boring experiment because drug experiments should be cool. instead of using a tool for social anarchy (lsd) to make you produce more captial for you employer, just take decent loads of lsd and hang out with a cool chick

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
sub perceptual just means you don't get the typical suite of psychedelic effects though, just a mood boost.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i know

I just have a problem with the word. subperceptual should mean "below perceptual", in which case you shouldnt be able to perceive it. but they can, they can tell they're on it, its more like "barelyperceptul" but losers gonna lose

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I'd like to think that the real problem with their business plan is that you'd be better off driving a taxi, because tips make the wages livable. The solution to that can't be the obvious one of pay livable wages, as those no longer exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
that first bullet point was generated by a markov chain. you're not gonna convince me otherwise

• Locked thread